The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

'miles away' had a really good reaction at the cardiff gig, possibly the best of all the album tracks played. i think it will do well as a single although there are others that i prefer

It did get a great reaction, but I can't see it being a huge hit, particularly as GI2M only made no. 7. :americanlife:

I see no point in another single from it

Well i dont like to say this, but with the unlikely occurence of any promotion of any sort, the wrong single likely being released, it having a lacklustre to crap video and this whole project being branded a ''failure'' by many people, it would seem like the best course of action, better not to have a single, than to have a dissappointing single

I don't get it. Why is Warners so interested in losing money?

Apparently there is nobody in Warner who is luxuriously blessed with anything more than a vaccuum within their heads

^Indeed - but they did release LP ages after AL was dead in the water so I wouldn't rule out something similar happening in this instance.

If she releases TBGO or MA as a single she should do a live video from the tour to accompany it. I have seen MA live at Cardiff on YouTube

the sight of thousands of people with their arms in the air clapping along is impressive. Performing live is one of her great strengths

the public don't see it often enough.

the sight of thousands of people with their arms in the air clapping along is impressive

Oh yes i forgot about that part :p

On watching the video, I was a little wrong to say that it got a poor reaction, I just happened to blank it from my memory :larz:

If she releases TBGO or MA as a single she should do a live video from the tour to accompany it. I have seen MA live at Cardiff on YouTube

the sight of thousands of people with their arms in the air clapping along is impressive. Performing live is one of her great strengths

the public don't see it often enough.

If they do go with a third single, it will be November at the earliest and I think the should go with BGO - radio hasn't been supportive of this project but she's got by on club play, especially with GI2M

At least it hasn't been in the bargain bins - it's almost £11 in most of the supermarkets. Perhaps they'll send BGO to radio early next month - that's really the only track that could keep it afloat at this stage.

heres hoping,maybe might get a little push until xmas if bgo is released soon but i guess it wont happen if warner is involved

is a hits album being released still?

According to a report from Warner Canada (in June, I think) - they said a GTS HITS collection was not on the schedule for this fall/Xmas. However, if that changes we might not hear about it until October. Personally, I think it will come next year.

According to a report from Warner Canada (in June, I think) - they said a GTS HITS collection was not on the schedule for this fall/Xmas. However, if that changes we might not hear about it until October. Personally, I think it will come next year.

In terms of chartrun, Give It 2 Me is now #1 for all Madonna's 2nd single from an album, overtaking Papa Don't Preach and Sorry this week.

How is that possible? Give It 2 Me has longevity in the Top 30, even though it peaked at #7 as compared to Papa Don't Preach (#1) and Sorry (#1).

It is now #10 in terms of chartrun for all Madonna's singles

4 Minutes is currently #3, behind Holiday and Hung Up. Unless it drops out of Top 100 next week, 4 Minutes will rise to #2, overtaking Holiday.

In terms of chartrun, Give It 2 Me is now #1 for all Madonna's 2nd single from an album, overtaking Papa Don't Preach and Sorry this week.

How is that possible? Give It 2 Me has longevity in the Top 30, even though it peaked at #7 as compared to Papa Don't Preach (#1) and Sorry (#1).

Well, chart runs are all based on timing and this single has the serendipity of being the only second single to:

1. Be released digitally first with a later-than-usual retail release.

2. Coincide with a world tour kick-off where it is prominently featured as the show's finale.

3. Be featured on a top-rated UK television show in the midst of its run (Big Brother UK).

3. Be featured on a top-rated UK television show in the midst of its run (Big Brother UK).

Not to mention the numerous other tv shows it was on as well, none with as big viewing figures as BB

1. Be released digitally first with a later-than-usual retail release.

Actually it was the album version the one that did the bulk of the sales online, before and after the physical release.

The single version (and remixes) were released the same day as the physical, and it barely made it to the Top 100 in iTunes for a couple of hours.

Get Together and Jump were also available digitally as part of the album months before the physical release, but none of them made it to the Top 40 on the digital chart.

Actually it was the album version the one that did the bulk of the sales online, before and after the physical release.

The single version (and remixes) were released the same day as the physical, and it barely made it to the Top 100 in iTunes for a couple of hours.

Well, I meant that the digital version of the song was available and selling before the retail release. I wasn't speaking strictly about the "formal digital release" of the song.

Get Together and Jump were also available digitally as part of the album months before the physical release, but none of them made it to the Top 40 on the digital chart.

Those weren't second singles, which is what Aaronj asked. ;)

Just sayin'...