The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Did I miss that album's leak?

I was never a Texas fan but I really like her single.

the album is already out, so a leak must have happened...anyway, it´s been, at leat for me, a great surprise to find out that she had an album out, I didn´t hear anything until a week ago!

anyway, Texas have some singles with that kind of sound, maybe you should check them, I´m sure you will enjoy them

Kylie's positions last week:

117. (149) ULTIMATE KYLIE (Kylie Minogue)

114. (153) X (Kylie Minogue)

-

127. (135) WOW (Kylie Minogue)

148. (147) IN MY ARMS (Kylie Minogue)

Mariah's:

120. (89) E=MC² (Mariah Carey)

175. (105) GREATEST HITS (Mariah Carey)

and an extra

177. (175) THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION

Guest Stefanos

This single had Number ONE written all over it. What happened? Really puzzled by this.

Is the fact that i-Tunes have it as an EP affecting its overall UK chart position?

I thought AlKylieda were claiming In My Arms would save X.

There's a really interesting article in this month's Attitude (NB: I was passing time in an airport WHSmith and don't read that poorly-written crock of shite, aside from Matthe Todd's EXCELLENT Madonna interview in 2005), entitled "KYLIE: What Went Wrong", outlining some theories as to why this project has FLOPPED. If the Kylie arse-licking gag rags are labelling the 'X' era as absymal, then her career really is hanging by a THIN THREAD. Don't know if it's been posted in the Kylie section in the Music section but if you get to see the scans, it's a worthwile read, despite Attitude's usual typos and lack of comprehension.

This single had Number ONE written all over it. What happened? Really puzzled by this.

Is the fact that i-Tunes have it as an EP affecting its overall UK chart position?

I know it's a tired cliche but I really think that just ONE UK performance on a major network show will catapult this song's sales into the Top 5, or higher. Perhaps that time has passed and this week will see its peak seeing as its Radio 1 play has been less than stellar. Can't she slut herself out and appear on the One Show or something and sit there and feign interest inbetween their "reports" on gardening and squirrels? Is it really that hard for the sake of some substantial sales?

there are really no mainstream music tv shows on british tv right now, well non that attract large viewing figures. i just hope she NEVER does one of those nasty 'an audience with...' shows. the last bankable show to guest on (in terms of sales and chart posistions etc) was 'x factor'.. i guess she could go on gmtv ala chris hehehe

Guest Danny86

The same thing happened just like how "4 Minutes" spent 4 weeks at #1. Nobody expected that either. The UK chart is not the predictable one where fanbases rush out and buy the CD in the first week and then the single drops till it's gone. "Give It 2 Me" would have been a surefire #1 in 2003. Or if it was the lead-off single of Hard Candy. But a 2nd or 3rd single from a Madonna album has no chance to be #1...

"Give It 2 Me" would have been a surefire #1 in 2003. Or if it was the lead-off single of Hard Candy.

I am kind of shocked people expected this song to hit #1 in the UK at all. It just doesn't seem that strong to me. Although it did make it to #1 in The Netherlands, so you never know...

Guest Ruanrushedin

I really thought the song had a strong chance of being #1, although I must admit

that its one of the coolest Madonna songs that I have gotten a little tired of, quite quickly!

Halleleuja for the paul oakenfold mix!! :D

Guest Nichu94

4M down 20-22

HC no. 10!!! :clap:

Hey Hafo, at page no,12 you wrote that 4M total at last week was about 380k...

do you have exact sales?

Edited by Nichu94

Guest Nichu94
i hope the next single comes soon to keep the momentum up

There are rumors that says that next single will be BGO and Madonna is now filming video... :thumbsup:

The same rumors says that the 4th single could be Miles away or Heartbeat...

bgo is good for america but i think she'll get some flack over here cos of the estelle track having a kanye rap..she should film a video for 'she's not me' and play the part of a-rod's wife hehehe

There are rumors that says that next single will be BGO and Madonna is now filming video... :thumbsup:

The same rumors says that the 4th single could be Miles away or Heartbeat...

I hope is HEartbeat, I dont really fancy Miles away so much

Great to see HC in the top 10 again, hope it stays there for some weeks

so it looks like we're back to the M norm lol. Flopping in the US, doing at least respectable in the UK/Europe. here the UK hooks her up again w/ another top 10, unlike her whacked home country. I predicted GI2Me would debut & probably peak @ #7. While Im not thrilled, and wish I was wrong, I felt thats where it would at least debut. I feel it may linger in the Top 10 for a bit, opposed to dropping like a hot potato in weeks 2 and 3 , like many of her past "top 10" debuts. Anyways, Im happier with #7, than #6, or when she hits #3 instead of #2 lol. I hate it when shes "that" close, yet misses top 5 or #1.

for M hitting the top 10 is very easy but i doubt if a 4th single from HC will go top 10 at all unless she radically overworks or remixes a track.

Its good to see both are back in the top 10 but if GITM position plumets like most other m 2nd/3rd/4th releases then then album will plumet down and by the time she releases 3rd single it will be way out of top 40 - unless of course the tour helps the situation.

so it looks like we're back the M norm lol. Flopping in the US, doing at least respectable in the UK/Europe. here the UK hooks her up again w/ another top 10, unlike her whacked home country. I predicted GI2Me would debut & probably peak @ #7. While Im not thrilled, and wish I was wrong, I just felt thats where it would at least debut. I have a feeling it may linger in the Top 10 for a bit, opposed to dropping like a hot potato in weeks 2 and 3 , like many of her past "top 10" debuts. Anyways, Im happier with #7, than #6, or when she hits #3 instead of #2 lol. I hate it when shes "that" close, yet misses top 5 or #1.

HC at the top 10 again!!! that´s great! OK, I would love to have GI2M at top 3, but it´s obviously working well in the UK.Anyway, I´m sure that with the next single the things are going to be different (her singles usually do well when she´s on tour, what I don´t know is if we are going to have another single for late august)