Robyn opening act on S&S tour

Guest tir69

Guest tir69

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

[Official] Robyn confirms opening act on S&S Tour

Swedish singer, Robyn, has confirmed on her website, that she will indeed be the opening act for European leg of Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour.

Here's a message from her official site:

Things just keep getting better and better for Robyn. Having just finished an amazing sell out UK tour, she has now been asked to support the world's sweetest pop star Madonna on her recently announced European Sticky & Sweet Tour!!

This is a major honour as Robyn will be one of the few performing artists to appear on tour. Additional Sticky & Sweet concerts will feature special guest DJ’s as support. The Swedish pop strel said ’Having been a fan of Madonna since I was a little girl, I’m very excited about sharing a stage with her and playing to her audiences...I’m thrilled.’

With nearly 1 million tickets sold to date along with sold out performances in Paris, Lisbon & Zurich; New York, Boston, Chicago; Montreal, Toronto & Vancouver and more, Madonna’s Sticky &Sweet tour is once again poised to be the tour of the year! Robyn recently completed a whirlwind tour of the States where both her live shows and eponymous album met with rave reviews across the board. Her star shows no sign of waning any time soon...

Robyn will appear on the following dates:

26-August Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann

28-August Berlin Olympic Stadium

30-August Zurich Military Airfield Dubendorf

02-September Amsterdam Arena

04-September Dusseldorf LTU Arena

09-September Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena

14-September Lisbon Parque da Bela Vista

23-September Vienna Danube Island

27-September Athens Olympic Stadium

Guest Danny86

I guess "working with Madonna" as in taking part of the biggest tour of 2008 is now OK for her after her flop dates in the US. :demonic:

Madonna European support revealed

by Kev Geoghegan

Radio 1 music reporter

Robyn on stage at Maidstone, Kent

Robyn has been announced as the support act for Madonna's European tour dates.

The Swedish popstar will join the material girl on the Sticky & Sweet tour throughout August and September.

The ladies shared the bill recently at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Maidstone, Kent on 10 May.

Robyn almost stole the show, appearing with a band dressed as toy soldiers.

She said: "I'm very excited about sharing a stage with her."

Madonna has sold nearly one million tickets to date for her shopws across Europe and north America.

Robyn will play the following dates:

Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann (26 August)

Zurich Military Airfield Dubendorf (30 August)

Amsterdam Arena (2 September)

Dusseldorf LTU Arena (4 September)

Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena (09 September)

Lisbon Parque da Bela Vista (14 September)

Vienna Danube Island (23 September)

Athens Olympic Stadium (27 September)

The support on the UK legs of the tour in Cardiff and London have not been announced yet.

WTF! :electropop:

pr-inside.com

ROBYN VOWS NEVER TO WORK WITH MADONNA

2008-05-08 09:56:13

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

Swedish singer ROBYN has ruled out a possible duet with MADONNA - because she's more of a "celebrity" than a musician.

Robyn - real name Robin Carlsson - insists she wouldn't work with the Material Girl until she concentrates on her career rather than her status in the media spotlight.

The star, who borrowed the title of her newest track from Madonna's 1987 number one hit Who's That Girl, says, " I don't expect to work with her!

"Anyway, I don't collaborate with celebs, I work with musicians."

I guess "working with Madonna" as in taking part of the biggest tour of 2008 is now OK for her after her flop dates in the US. :demonic:

**** ROBYN ROX!!!! I SAW HER IN TORONTO AT PHOENIX CLUB IN APRIL...SHE WAS AMAZING...

I HOPE SHE DOESNT MAKE MADONNA LOOK BAD, HAHAHHAAA

HER VOICE IS DEFINATLEY BETTER THAN MADGES,,,,,,,,,SHE WILL REALLY GET THE CROWDS GOING THO.

>>>> HOWEVER,MADONNAS VISUAL PRODUCTIONS CANT BE BEAT.!!!!!!!!!!!! (SO BACK OFF) :nocomment:

Now I'm considering attending the show.

im not sure where you are...but ROBYN will ONLY be playing EUROPE shows................................

======================================================

ROBYN ROX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

========================================================

Paulina Rubio would be a great opening act for Madonna in Latin America.

For the US shows I'd pick someone that she could later on duet with... maybe Babyface? That way later on they can sing Take A Bow.