THE WEMBLEY AND CARDIFF STADIUM GIGS

DIRTY PIG

I've been top bidder for one on ebay since Wednesday so it looks like I'll be going too, so from now on it's ALL ABOUT eyes, hair, mouth, figure, dress, voice, style, image. :queenbitch:

Good luck! I'm having my concert haircut next week, as I'm going straight from work that's all the glamour I can manage. I also need set aside some time for bladder training. I've booked Friday off so it'll be a Madonna Bank Holiday of sorts. Hurrah!

hasn't Wembley got a roof now though?

It's not fully retractable though. Guess it's plastic poncho time.

Hope it's not as hellish as fraught NINE HOURS spent standing in Wembley Stadium for The Girlie Show (memorable moment - my best friend complaining her feet were tired and why didn't we buy seats instead of standing one too many times and me shouting "why do you have to ruin the best day of my life" in front of everyone. Shame)

So the gross for the Wembley stadium show maybe higher than the 8 Wembley arena shows on the CT?

How does that help fans who want to see her but are not willing to pay rip off prices to sit at the back of a shitty stadium?

Why does it have to be about how much money she made at the box office? Why can't it be about giving something

back to the fans for all their loyal support. UK fans have stood by her through thick and thin, its her 2nd biggest market.

Seriously, she has pissed a lot of people off who feel she doesn't give shit about her fans.

don't even start with the 'pissing off fans' thing.

how do you think the Australian fans feel?

FUCK the rain - I'm not going to get to Wembley until around 7.00 as I'll be in the GC so that will be close enough.

I too did nine hours for TGS in the rain.

I wonder if she will use the catwalk if its lashing with down rain?

I remember it rained when I went to the GS at Wembley.

So what's this Wembley Stadium tube station about? I used to get off at Wembley Central or Wembley Park. :confused:

I've always used Wembley Park, it's easy and there'll be regular trains (and I don't particularly like using the overground at that time of night). My concern is getting home to sunny Brixton as the Victoria line is closing at 10pm, Monday to Friday, at the moment.

I've always used Wembley Park, it's easy and there'll be regular trains (and I don't particularly like using the overground at that time of night). My concern is getting home to sunny Brixton as the Victoria line is closing at 10pm, Monday to Friday, at the moment.

:thumbsup: I'll go to Wembley Park as it's familiar.

Guest boytoyville

^ Kind of bizarre they put all that money into a new massive stadium & went roofless. Probably pressure to get it done as they were running behind that whole project.

^ Kind of bizarre they put all that money into a new massive stadium & went roofless. Probably pressure to get it done as they were running behind that whole project.

You have to remember this is England we do everything wrong. Lord only knows what sort of debacle the Olympics will turn out be.

Guest boytoyville

^ You think? I don't know I always considered the Brits to be pretty put together & London was a very nice place to visit. Then again I don't live there so I wouldn't have a clue what their day to day operations are like.

The infastructure in London is appalling. Heathrow airport is frankly an embarrasement We have a crumbling public transport system that has dreadful conditions which people have to travel on everyday. The underground is a nightmare during rush hour. There are too many people packed onto the trains. It would be illegal to transport animals in the conditions some people have to travel in.Its taken almost 10 years of planning and millions of pounds of public money to finally get the go ahead to build to Crossrail extention. The figure to build the Olympic venues started out at £2 billion and is now projected to cost over £9 billion. Building Wembley Stadium without a roof was just plain stupid considering the British Weather.

All the said London is a great city rich in culture and it has a fantastic nightlife, amazing restaurants and beautiful architecture.

I've been using public transport in London to get to and from work for years now and I've never had a problem. When you first use it it can seem a bit daunting, but that lasts for about 2 days.

You are possibly the luckiest person in London then. It's not so much the daunting aspect of the crowds it's moreseo the fact that, at certain stations, at certain times, it's nigh on impossible to get on the first train that stops, major stations close due to overcrowding, signal problems, delays, etcetera, ad nauseam.

The underground is certainly a frustrating embarrassment when you consider the public transport systems in some other coutries. However, it is the oldest metro system in the world and we're limited to improving an outdated Victrorian infrastructure rather than having the luxury of starting from scratch.

Guest Little Red

I tend to think though that even with a modernised tube system the whole scenario wouldn't be much different. in the end it's the crowds that determine the outcome. there are simply too many people using the system. you'd still have to wait for 1 or 2 trains to leave before being able to get onto one at busy times/stations. Personally that doesn't bug me too much but obviously the situation would be much improved if they managed to tackle all those technical glitches. Additionally London has the misfortune (in terms of transport logistics) to have a disproportionate number of workplaces located in relatively small areas and a lot of businesses holding on to the 9 - 5 working hours.

For me, bus and bike has turned out to be a good alternative.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I'll be leaving Wembley halfway through the last song in order to avoid the worst.

You are possibly the luckiest person in London then. It's not so much the daunting aspect of the crowds it's moreseo the fact that, at certain stations, at certain times, it's nigh on impossible to get on the first train that stops, major stations close due to overcrowding, signal problems, delays, etcetera, ad nauseam.

The underground is certainly a frustrating embarrassment when you consider the public transport systems in some other coutries. However, it is the oldest metro system in the world and we're limited to improving an outdated Victrorian infrastructure rather than having the luxury of starting from scratch.

The underground is also VERY EXPENSIVE AND DIRTY.

I tend to think though that even with a modernised tube system the whole scenario wouldn't be much different. in the end it's the crowds that determine the outcome. there are simply too many people using the system. you'd still have to wait for 1 or 2 trains to leave before being able to get onto one at busy times/stations. Personally that doesn't bug me too much but obviously the situation would be much improved if they managed to tackle all those technical glitches. Additionally London has the misfortune (in terms of transport logistics) to have a disproportionate number of workplaces located in relatively small areas and a lot of businesses holding on to the 9 - 5 working hours.

For me, bus and bike has turned out to be a good alternative.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I'll be leaving Wembley halfway through the last song in order to avoid the worst.

Totally agree about the bike, I get to work in literally half the time when I use it (but I'm so lazy it's mainly used as a glorified clothes horse). I do prefer the convenience of the tube to the bus (though most people I know do prefer a bus - bring back the routemaster though). I would like some of those fancy double decker trains though, they look like they're from the future (but we'll never get those because of the tiny tiny tunnels we've got - boo!).

Anyway, enough London's transport issues (without even getting started on pricing)!

Will you really leave before the end of the concert? I've never done that. I really annoy my boyfriend by insisting on staying through the credits at the cinema too.

Wembley Stadium Sticky & Sweet Tour Times

Here are the official times for tomorrows Sticky & Sweet concert at London's Wembley Stadium.

Doors - 5:00pm

Paul Oakenfold - 7:00pm

Madonna - 8:30pm

There is a curfew that the venue must adhere to which comes into effect at 10:30pm as the stadium is in a residential area. Please remember that although the stadium has a roof, this ONLY covers the seated areas - if it unfortunately rains those standing on the pitch will get wet....so be prepared!

Guest Little Red
Will you really leave before the end of the concert? I've never done that. I really annoy my boyfriend by insisting on staying through the credits at the cinema too.

I know, it's bad :bruised: . But missing the last two minutes of M jumping around and wrestling her dancers isn't THAT important to me. I saw it once, this time I'm ok with cutting it short.

I did it once before at the RIT. It really hurt to leave but we had to catch a train.

I stay for cinema credits too!