THE WEMBLEY AND CARDIFF STADIUM GIGS

DIRTY PIG

I think for us who will be at Golden Circle will be the last one the leave the the stadium. There are night buses, not sure about the extra tubes though but yes it will be a nightmare getting back.

Hotels near wembley are fully booked. Try central london near baker street area.

I was looking for hotels near Wembley area and they are all full. any londoners got any tips for me ?

I know it will be hell getting back home after the tour is over as there will 100 000 ppl.

It will totally impossible to take underground as the last one leaves around 00:00 and that will be the time we will probably get out of the stadium. Are there any night busses to central london?

Please help :)

Are you from London?

Wembley is GHETTO.

I would get the fuck out of there after the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_4G2w_V3Bw...feature=related

You can get the tube from Wembley Park although they will probably close the station entrance because of the crowds. Best bet is to get a nightbus.

www.tfl.gov.uk has a journey planner for all routes into Central London.

Edited by Braby2007

Apparently none of the German dates have sold out either - seems she's fucked up bigtime on this occasion and needs to leave a three year break (at least) between this and the next tour.

Yes its strange this time around, she has sold out Athens, Zurich, Lisbon, one of the Paris shows, Toronto, NY, Boston, Montreal and Mexico

and yet in other cities there are still tickets available. Still she has sold 1 million+ tickets so the final numbers should make for great reading.

Apparently none of the German dates have sold out either - seems she's fucked up bigtime on this occasion and needs to leave a three year break (at least) between this and the next tour.

People will go if the price is right. Just like any other market scenario. Pitch a product right and it will sell right. I honestly think she could get away with a sell out tour every two years if she has considerate pricing (cheap tickets for stadiums, expensive for small arenas) and went to destinations she hasn't before. There are probably thousands of people who would go to her shows if they had the chance e.g Australia :nocomment:, Asia, Dubai...

People will go if the price is right. Just like any other market scenario. Pitch a product right and it will sell right. I honestly think she could get away with a sell out tour every two years if she has considerate pricing (cheap tickets for stadiums, expensive for small arenas) and went to destinations she hasn't before. There are probably thousands of people who would go to her shows if they had the chance e.g Australia :nocomment:, Asia, Dubai...

AGREE TOTALLY

Pricing is the main issue - I know loads of people who are more than casual fans but not loons who would love to see her live but they say they could have a week abroad for the cost :lmao:

Yes its strange this time around, she has sold out Athens, Zurich, Lisbon, one of the Paris shows, Toronto, NY, Boston, Montreal and Mexico

and yet in other cities there are still tickets available. Still she has sold 1 million+ tickets so the final numbers should make for great reading.

I think it'll be more about box office takings than full houses and I'm sure they'll more than compensate for some seats being free.

posted on M Tribe

Been chatting to a friend whos partner works at the Millenium stadium, REM have had to switch venues cause they were not selling enough tickets. They now play the indoor arena, just shows tickets sales aint at their best.

But heres the gossip.............. Madonna is scheduled to do a period of rehearsals at the millenium stadium but no 1 knows when she is gonna start and the last time she was rehearsing there all stadium staff including managers in their offices and all clerical and grounds staff had to leave the stadium. Apparently 'her people' were a nightmare! But they have been told she could arrive anytime between now and showtime.

Here is the Box Office Score Data for CT 2006:

Millennium Stadium Cardiff 55,795 / 55,795 (sellout) $7,788,845

posted on M Tribe

Been chatting to a friend whos partner works at the Millenium stadium, REM have had to switch venues cause they were not selling enough tickets. They now play the indoor arena, just shows tickets sales aint at their best.

But heres the gossip.............. Madonna is scheduled to do a period of rehearsals at the millenium stadium but no 1 knows when she is gonna start and the last time she was rehearsing there all stadium staff including managers in their offices and all clerical and grounds staff had to leave the stadium. Apparently 'her people' were a nightmare! But they have been told she could arrive anytime between now and showtime.

Here is the Box Office Score Data for CT 2006:

Millennium Stadium Cardiff 55,795 / 55,795 (sellout) $7,788,845

I could have sworn Cardiff CT wasn't a sellout but I stand corrected. She must have filled seats VERY close to the date of the show.

Guest boytoyville

OMG do you ever stop? You never check your facts before you post. I posted the EXACT stats of how the German shows were selling practicually a month ago. Frankfurt will be a sellout, & Dussellf dorf has a few thousand tix left & the Olympic stadium had less than 10,000 tix left out of 65,000 tix 3 wks ago. So The German shows are doing well & they priced the shows right because they are all at over 90% capacity with the exceptoin of Dodger Stadium and she will gross more money with this tour doing stadiums even if she doesn't sell the venues out by a couple hundred or a couple thousand tckets. Which in the end I guarentee you the boxscores will show she has sold out over 70% of these venues at the VERY LEAST. If you are going to bitch, please know your stuff.

All dates will end up selling out.

You will see.

There was a news report on the new premiership season starting, TV this morning from an empty Wembley Stadium and I thought to myself, if I didn't have a ticket, I'd probably end up buying one of the level 5 seats at the back, just TO BE THERE.

Hype should start to build next week in the run up to her 50th - GMTV are celebrating it all week. Also, people who go to Cardiff will probably buy Wembley afterwards - I decided to go Prague after CT in Amsterdam - cost didn't factor into it.

There was a news report on the new premiership season starting, TV this morning from an empty Wembley Stadium and I thought to myself, if I didn't have a ticket, I'd probably end up buying one of the level 5 seats at the back, just TO BE THERE.

Hype should start to build next week in the run up to her 50th - GMTV are celebrating it all week. Also, people who go to Cardiff will probably buy Wembley afterwards - I decided to go Prague after CT in Amsterdam - cost didn't factor into it.

What are GMTV planning for next week? Is it old interviews and videos? I doubt they have any

exclusives.

What are GMTV planning for next week? Is it old interviews and videos? I doubt they have any

exclusives.

They were trailing it this morning and ealier in the week they were asking people who were about to hit 50, to get in touch so that they could see if they were as good as M.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boytoyville

I did a search on ticketmaster uk today & you can no longer get GA or two reserved seats together for Wembely! Cardiff may not have not been completely jammed packed but Wembely sure as hell will be!

The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff is not some backwater village hall. It has great connections and copes with massive concerts all the time and visitors from all over the world.

I think the problem she has toured quite a few times in the last few years and this album hasn't got the reception COAD had. With the economic problems going on etc, what is the attraction? She also launched it on the last bank holiday weekend of the year when everyone goes away and there were a shed load of other festivals going on. And her ticket prices take the piss.

I've not seen or heard anything on the tv or radio about it either. No mention of it on Radio 1, so no hype to clear up the last of the tickets.

There are still tickets available of all prices too for the London gig.

Everyone on this board should work in the touring industry. Everyone seems to "know" everything about everything. I never heard from so many experts.

Yes, we're available for consultancy work should you wish to plan a world tour. Just don't hire Jamie King please. :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville
The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff is not some backwater village hall. It has great connections and copes with massive concerts all the time and visitors from all over the world.

I think the problem she has toured quite a few times in the last few years and this album hasn't got the reception COAD had. With the economic problems going on etc, what is the attraction? She also launched it on the last bank holiday weekend of the year when everyone goes away and there were a shed load of other festivals going on. And her ticket prices take the piss.

I've not seen or heard anything on the tv or radio about it either. No mention of it on Radio 1, so no hype to clear up the last of the tickets.

There are still tickets available of all prices too for the London gig.

Actually there are not tickets of all prices available for the London gig. You couldn' get two seats together the other night but I do see now there are two seats together for prices that are not the most expensive level or GA, so all the middle ones. GA has been sold out forever & so has the most expensive tix actually. So fact ck before stating things like that. Tickets at ALL price levels have not been available for some time.

My Wembley tickets finally arrived this morning after they were dispatched 10 days ago :electropop: .