THE WEMBLEY AND CARDIFF STADIUM GIGS

DIRTY PIG

they only thing M's team have screwed up on is the prices...if the prices were good then Cardiff wouldnt be a problem and neither would Wembley - the tickets for UK shows seem to be the most expensive in the whole tour.

But considering what the prices are - the shows in the UK are not doing badly.

Could you picture George Michael or even the Foo's selling out their shows at Madonna prices? I think not.

Cardiff was wrong for opening night, figure, Madge has PLENTY of fans who would travel the globe for opening night...whats the point of going to somewhere with the logistical nightmare of hotels not coping and double prices.

London would have been so much better

Do you think Cardiff and Wembley will sell out in the next 5 or 6 weeks? They need to reduce the cost of the tickets the greedy bastards

Cardiff for the CT was an unexpected addition to the tour schedule and for people who perhaps might not be bothered to travel to London but live west of it, Cardiff might have been an exciting alternative and hence it 'sold out'. But to rest on laurels and assume it will happen twice is hoping a lot. Many of those attending the Cardiff show did so out of curiosity and because it was a pretty rare opportunity to see her. She really should have played a gig elsewhere in the UK. Newcastle, Manchester, Scotland would have sold out because just like Cardiff, she rarely or never goes there.

Could you picture George Michael or even the Foo's selling out their shows at Madonna prices? I think not.

george??? yes.

Cardiff is/was the problem,I agree with Dr Lecter.anyway, are the other shows sold out in Europe?

Guest FrozenLight

I'd love to know how the German shows are selling (Frankfurt, Berlin and Duesseldorf). We haven't heard much about those

Guest boytoyville

^I took this info from the ICON Board regarding the German shows...people don't mention Frankfurt because that one is pretty much sold out already but here is the info on tix for Berlin & Dusseldorf.

berlin is not selling bad or slow. some of the green blocks are misleading as they have like 10-12 tickets left but are still green

more than 50.000 tix have been sold for berlin so it's not doing bad at all. düsseldorf has about 6000-7000 tickets left. that's 35.000 tickets sold. not too bad either.

Update: update for berlin.

approx. 4.200 seats left

approx. 60.000 - 64.000 tickets sold.

Guest Danny86

Wow that's great, thanks for posting that! So UK is pretty much the only country where she's underperforming.

• 3 weeks later...
They shouldn't have been so FUCKING GREEDY. She has completely alienated loads of fans who may have had the opportunity to

see on this tour had the prices been lower.

tired of people whining about the ticket prices..if u cant afford then wait for the DVD or buy one of the cheaper seats.....the woman puts on an extravagant show like no other and only works with the best of the best [AND THAT COSTS MONEY!!!! so I expect to pay more!!

She's definitely under performed in the UK - even at the height of the Erotica backlash she managed to sell out two nights at Wembley Stadium - Cardiff for the opening night was as DUMB AS FUCK - she could have easily sold out two nights at Wembley, even at those prices, had she opened the tour there.

SHE IS ALMOST TWICE THE AGE OF MOST OF HER COMPETITORS, RELEASED AN ALBUM WITH A LUKEWARM RESPONSE, HAS TOURED THREE TIMES IN THE PAST 7 YEARS AND HAS STILL MANAGED TO SELL MORE TICKETS THAN ANY ACT ON THE PLANET AT DOUBLE THE PRICE!!...some of you need a reality check....madonna never ceases to amaze me!!!

Edited by Madsexy18

SHE IS ALMOST TWICE THE AGE OF MOST OF HER COMPETITORS, RELEASED AN ALBUM WITH A LUKEWARM RESPONSE, HAS TOURED THREE TIMES IN THE PAST 7 YEARS AND HAS STILL MANAGED TO SELL MORE TICKETS THAN ANY ACT ON THE PLANET AT DOUBLE THE PRICE!!...some of you need a reality check....madonna never ceases to amaze me!!!

Fair points. But you miss the biggest point which is that she can't sell out the ONLY gig she is playing in London (her 'adopted' home city). London has always been one of her biggest markets and audience. It is absurd and at the same time telling (given her concert history) that can only manage ONE night at Wembley.

Isn't one night at the stadium roughly equivalent to her entire run at the arena in 2006 and Earls Court/the arena in 2004 in terms of attendance? If you want to compare it to DWT in 2001 and TGS in 1993, then yes, there's a difference, but in terms of ticket sales, she's on par with her last two UK tours. Approximately how many tickets are left for London now anyway?

She played to 100-110,000 for DWT (6 nights at Earls Ct),

75-80,000 for RIT (2 nights at Earl's Ct and 4 at Wembley arena)

and 80-85,000 for CT (8 nights at Wembley arena).

Wembley stadium plays to about 90-100,000 for concerts. So if she sells out the one S&S date she will only match her DWT numbers at best. As Madonna's tickets are more expensive than other acts you could argue that if they were cheaper more people would go to see her. Certainly, even when the seats were the most expensive for CT the promoters kept adding nights at Wembely arena. Maybe the could have added a 9th or even 10th date for CT?

The problem with London this time around is that Wembley stadium is massive. No seats offer significant value for money. It was clear that Live Nation expected demand to be high enough for a second date on the 13th Sept. Demand is high enough IMO but not at the prices they are charging. They would have sold out 2 nights if tickets were more reasonable e.g. £40, £60, £80, £100 for seats and £120 for Gold circle and £60 for general standing.

As it stands Ticketmaster are adding more seats for the 11th Sept. I've just checked and you can now get very good £65 seats in block 550 which is much closer to the stage than my block 526 ticket :rant:.

Seetickets only has £65 seats left and only odds at that (you can't buy seats in multiples of 2's).

Why are people so convinced the sun shines out of Madonna's ass and will defend absolutely anything? Jesus, grow a brain.

That is the smartest most level headed post I have read in this forum for a long long time.

tired of people whining about the ticket prices..if u cant afford then wait for the DVD or buy one of the cheaper seats.....the woman puts on an extravagant show like no other and only works with the best of the best [AND THAT COSTS MONEY!!!! so I expect to pay more!!

You are the typical dellusional fan honey..

As it stands Ticketmaster are adding more seats for the 11th Sept. I've just checked and you can now get very good £65 seats in block 550 which is much closer to the stage than my block 526 ticket

Ticketmaster are absolute cunts when it comes to doing that - I benefited from it once by getting second row seats for RIT at the MEN, which they released the week before the gig. However, I've been well pissed off in the past when I've bought tickets and they've released better nearer the time.

Wembley is a MAJOR EMBARRASSMENT for Madonna - to start her world tour, in her biggest market, with two gigs that haven't sold out is DISMAL.

Wembley is a MAJOR EMBARRASSMENT for Madonna - to start her world tour, in her biggest market, with two gigs that haven't sold out is DISMAL.

Aboslutely.

If she had premiered the tour at Wembley I think she would have sold out two nights quickly. But to have the opening night in Cardiff is a mistake. My guess is that she couldn't hire Wembley for the whole three week period she needed in order to rehearse and finalise the staging. Cardiff is hired by Madonna from now till the 23rd - the stadium is completley off limits to everyone.

And I agree that ticketmasters are c***s.

Aboslutely.

If she had premiered the tour at Wembley I think she would have sold out two nights quickly. But to have the opening night in Cardiff is a mistake. My guess is that she couldn't hire Wembley for the whole three week period she needed in order to rehearse and finalise the staging. Cardiff is hired by Madonna from now till the 23rd - the stadium is completley off limits to everyone.

That has to be the reason

Guest boytoyville

^ There isn't too many seated tix left either at Wembely at all but people like to keep ignoring the facts.....

Guest nuttin_fails

I was looking for hotels near Wembley area and they are all full. any londoners got any tips for me ?

I know it will be hell getting back home after the tour is over as there will 100 000 ppl.

It will totally impossible to take underground as the last one leaves around 00:00 and that will be the time we will probably get out of the stadium. Are there any night busses to central london?

Please help :)

there are loads of night buses but wouldnt fancy getting one in wembley haha

and gigs at wembley arent allowed to run past 11 i think so you'll be out well in time to catch the last tube, thats what i did when i saw the foo fighters they lay on extra transport when theres a big gig on anyways and fuck getting a hotel in or near wembley its a shithole, may aswell look for a cheap room in central london or north london which is the best part of london if you ask me :thumbsup: