THE WEMBLEY AND CARDIFF STADIUM GIGS

DIRTY PIG

Guest funky

Still can't help thinking that a stadium tour is a big mistake

Who wants to pay £60 to sit at the back of a stadium? This isn't a football match or international athletics. The view from about 60% of the audience is going to be minimal at best. I was lucky to get good seats at the side - if I hadn't, I certainly wouldn't be pushing for whatever tickets are left. If they were £20, maybe I would...

Have a stadium tour all you want, but consider the fucking costs of the tickets first

But she sold that out for the Confessions Tour. :confused:

I think it was a mistake to play two large stadiums (especially one as massive as Wembley) in the same territory (UK), or at least to put them both on sale at the same time. She can get away with it in France, but I am not sure about anywhere else.

She'd get away with it in the UK if the ticket prices were reasonable. When she played stadiums in the past, the demand for tickets was always greater than the number of shows she'd do.

APPARENTLY on the news in Cardiff they are saying the first show isnt 40% sold yet

FUCK

I'd have gone had the hotels not decided to increase their prices and insist on a two night booking. :thumbsdown:

Fans travel from all over the world to see the opening night of a Madonna tour so it was pathetic of her not to launch it in London, where hotels can COPE with demand.

£60 4 nosebleeds in London is NOT that expensive. If lesser acts can charge 'almost' that amount in more rural places,

It's just the way the market is these days. I do however agree that the £160 stadium seats r ridiculous. Golden circle prices r just odd..only €10 more than GA in certain places. She should have upped that & lowered the seat prices.

FUCK

I'd have gone had the hotels not decided to increase their prices and insist on a two night booking. :thumbsdown:

Fans travel from all over the world to see the opening night of a Madonna tour so it was pathetic of her not to launch it in London, where hotels can COPE with demand.

UM WHY DON'T U JUST SPEND UR HOMO POUNDS

Guest northernlad
I think it was a mistake to play two large stadiums (especially one as massive as Wembley) in the same territory (UK), or at least to put them both on sale at the same time. She can get away with it in France, but I am not sure about anywhere else.

Well obviously two big stadium gigs at those prices was a mistake. But it has nothing to do with capacity - filling stadiums in Europe is nothing, really (it's a different story in the States). She could do a fortnite of gigs in the UK if she was charging £40 like Robbie Williams & U2 do. At least, if prices ranged from 45 to 100 quid or so she'd probably have sold out 3 shows at Wembley in 1 day. The problem is they've priced the shows so expensively that she's still relying on her hardcore base of 100,000 or so in Britain that always snatch up those outrageously priced arena shows, and those people are weary of spending big bucks on her every two years, and they're certainly weary of doing it with stadium views. Part of the transition from arenas to stadiums is broadening your appeal to the general public and they just didn't manage that this time. I'm sure Arthur Fogel was left speechless when the suggestion came to scrap the 2nd London show.

That said, I agree w/ acko it is surprising the £65 seats (which make the majority of those on sale) haven't sold out - it's higher than anyone else charges on stadium gigs but considering how expensive her arena shows are, I would have thought the general public would've jumped on them since that's the cheapest they're ever going to see her - even if it meant only seeing the screens. Just not such a great year to be on the road.

40% of tickets sold for the opening night? Might have known them sheep shaggers wouldn't lap it up, expect flop tour headlines the morning after even though it will likely become (once again) the most successful female tour of all time haha

I could barely see the foo fighters and their stage was actually towards the middle of the pitch but their screens were fucking shit you couldn't see anything on them

40% of tickets sold for the opening night? Might have known them sheep shaggers wouldn't lap it up, expect flop tour headlines the morning after even though it will likely become (once again) the most successful female tour of all time haha

I could barely see the foo fighters and their stage was actually towards the middle of the pitch but their screens were fucking shit you couldn't see anything on them

The tour's only flopping the in UK - I can see the opening night being cancelled with most of the ticketholders being offered one of the spare seats at Wembley. :lmao:

Why open in Cardiff

She shuld have done Scotland...they are always going mental that she never plays there

Cardiff wasnt even that hot a crowd last time

WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MADGE these days ?

BRING BACK FREDDY DE MANN

WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MADGE these days ?

BRING BACK FREDDY DE MANN

Yes bring back Freddy. Guy Oseary is MEH. The HC era is a FLOP.

Where is Angela Becker? She seemed as if she knew what she was doing.

i really would love to go but she deserves to flop,i'm not going cause its a rip off,ive done the last three tours but those prices are just crazy im going for a few days in geneva instead and thats cost me less than seeing someone pretend to play a guitar

Guest boytoyville

There is no way that only 40% of the tickets at Cardiff have been sold. that is just stupid. If you somebody is going to say something like that you have to provide evidence. Otherwise you are just trying to start trouble.

Seeticket.com's allocation of tickets is almost sold out. You cannot buy through them any pairs of seats, just odds here and there.

Ticketmaster still has quite a lot available and irritatingly now has block 528 (as opposed to block 526 where I will be) for sale at £65 a seat which is pretty close to the stage end of the pitch.

With nearly 1 million tickets sold to date along with sold out performances in Paris, Lisbon & Zurich; New York, Boston, Chicago; Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and 2 Mexican stadium shows on Monday, Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour is once again poised to be the tour of the year!

The demand for tickets in Paris for Madonna's September 20th performance was so staggering that a second and final performance was added on September 21st. The Sticky & Sweet Zurich show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf August 30th is sold out at 70,000 and her show date in Lisbon 14-September is also sold out with over 75,000 tickets.

In Vancouver, Madonna's October 30th performance sold 50,000 tickets in a record breaking 29 minutes. This past Monday, Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour sold out two Foro Sol stadiums in less than 3 hours adding to a list of sellouts that include four sold out Madison Square Garden shows in New York City; 2 sold out performances in Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, Denver; and additional sell-outs in E. Rutherford, Boston, Oakland, Las Vegas, and Houston.

And now, London fans who missed out on tickets will have a new opportunity to see Madonna with newly announced special guest Paul Oakenfold on 11-September at Wembley Stadium. With the completion of the production for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour, promoters Live Nation announced today that the sight-lines are better than previously anticipated and as such a limited number of tickets in all price levels are now available from www.livenation.co.uk or 24 hr box office 0844 576 5483 (all tickets subject to booking fee). Tickets will be limited to 6 tickets per person.

Paul Oakenfold has long been one of the most important--if not the most important--name in modern club culture. He was one of the first DJ's to have a residency on the Island of Ibiza, leading to both a new sound and a yearly festival. He started regular "Balearic" club nights in London, attracting a crossover audience and remixed legendary bands such as The Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays, Along with production partner Steve Osborne, he's remixed tracks by legendary bands New Order, The Cure and Massive Attack. In 1991, he first worked with U2 remixing "Even Better Than the Real Thing" and "Mysterious Ways" from their Achtung Baby album. It was the start of a long partnership with that band which included his spot as DJ on their historic ZOO TV tour and the remixed versions of the band's "Beautiful Day," a number one hit for U2 on the U.S. and U.K. dance charts. Over the years, he's remixed tracks for everyone from Madonna to Elvis Presley to Justin Timberlake to Muse to Snoop Dog. He's the first electronic artist ever to be in the Guinness Book of World Records--for being the biggest DJ in the world. He's the only DJ to have a display case in the Hard Rock Cafe's Rock & Roll Museum. He has worked on the music for major Hollywood films including Swordfish, Collateral, Planet Of The Apes & Matrix Reloaded".

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour begins 23-August at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium with stops in Nice, Berlin, Zurich, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Rome, Frankfurt, Lisbon, Paris, Vienna and Athens in addition to the 11-September Wembley date.

Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour, promoters Live Nation announced today that the sight-lines are better than previously anticipated and as such a limited number of tickets in all price levels are now available

For that read tickets haven't sold anything like what we had anticipated so we have to find some way of reigniting interest in this.

Guest boytoyville

^ Umm no Wembely is pretty much sold out there is NO GA left & Shit seats in the most upper sections in the back of the stadium left. Take your negativity elsewhere. Thanks

I hope they have some PRETTY CURTAINS

I don't think it will be that bad but I bet in the upper tiers there will be lots of empty seats.

Note to TEAM MADONNA, don't book stadiums in the UK again it fucks the fans off.

Guest boytoyville

^ For one thing just as many people if not more will be seeing her perform in the UK, this time. Wembely Stadium can ideally hold 90,000 people or so which would be more than her 8 arena dates last time in the Arena,and obviously the capacity @ Cardiff will be about the same. Sure it would be nice if everybody in the UK had a chance to see her in the arena for 100 pounds but this stadium show allows her to see just about as many of UK fans & allows her to travel to other areas(she is playing many new markets this time!). She has tourned the UK extensivly the last few tours so whatever if you only get stadiums this time(same goes for the US stadium dates). It's like hello, just be happy you get to see her & get over it.

Guest northernlad
^ For one thing just as many people if not more will be seeing her perform in the UK, this time. Wembely Stadium can ideally hold 90,000 people or so which would be more than her 8 arena dates last time in the Arena,and obviously the capacity @ Cardiff will be about the same. Sure it would be nice if everybody in the UK had a chance to see her in the arena for 100 pounds but this stadium show allows her to see just about as many of UK fans & allows her to travel to other areas(she is playing many new markets this time!). She has tourned the UK extensivly the last few tours so whatever if you only get stadiums this time(same goes for the US stadium dates). It's like hello, just be happy you get to see her & get over it.

Um she's never toured the UK "extensively". On DWT & RIT she barely played to 100,000 (probably around that figure 4 this tour 2) - even Kylie usually does 300,000 a tour. And Wembley doesn't hold anywhere near 90,000 for concerts - so far the largest attendance was 67,000 for Muse (with tickets at thirty quid or so ei Madonna won't do that #) and the seating chart for Cardiff has a lot of sections that were on sale in 2006, not on sale this time. Anyway, you need to RELAX, Queen Bitch is just having a little fun, and it's tirelessly annoying to hear someone tirelessly defend stadium concerts when they've never been to one. :D

To help you understand why people are so pissed off, remember this - in the US she'll probably average $2.75m in arenas - that's a lot of money. At Wembley Stadium even if tickets were just Robbie Williams prices - 45 quid, she'd make $6m (if it sold out) - and say she did three nights there - $18m. At the current prices they were probably aiming for $22m for 2 nights there. It makes absolutely no sense to do arenas for under $3m a pop, and then go to Europe and do stadiums for no less than $10m a pop. Now combine that with the fact that mainland Euro never sees the kind of ticket prices London does, and you get the jist of it. GB is really the only country she exploits the fuck out of like that when it comes to touring so kindly quit acting like it's immature or idiotic for fans to be frustrated with Madonna's 'I don't give a fuck about you, it's all about the cold, hard cash' mindset in her 'favourite country in the world'.

• 2 weeks later...