THE WEMBLEY AND CARDIFF STADIUM GIGS

DIRTY PIG

She is only playing 1 show at Wembley. I think she was scheduled to play another date but she is struggling to sell out the first

show on the 11/9. Hardly surprising when she is charging £160 for seats midway and at the back of the stadium. The seats in the top

level are £65. I think bascially she pissed people off with the ridiculous prices and they weren't prepared to pay top dollar to sit at the back of a stadium.

She can get away with it in an arena but not in the stadium. The Wembley show has the most expensive prices in Europe. They scrapped the

2nd show and moved it to Lisbon. If she was more realistic with her prices she could have sold out 2 shows but in the current financial climate

people were not prepared to part with their dollar. Even when her career was on the skids she played 2 shows at Wembley on the Girlie show tour.

Guest boytoyville

^ There is absolutly NO confirmed evidence of there EVER being multiple shows planned for Wembely Stadium. There is also absolutely NO evdience that Portugal was EVER planned as a SUBSTITUE show. There doesn't appear to be that many tickets left for the Wembely. If you search on ticket master there are only some shit tickets left for seating in the upper most sections & some GA left. I'm sure it will end up selling out by the time the Show starts up.

Guest boytoyville
So are they sold out yet? i went to see the foo fighters there last friday and it wasnt even slightly sold out.

I wouldn't even expect the Foo Fighers to sell out Wembeley Stadium if their tickets were 5 dollars. They simply aren't that big enough of an act. I'm sure they just decided to use the venue because it's nice & new & was available.

I wouldn't even expect the Foo Fighers to sell out Wembeley Stadium if their tickets were 5 dollars. They simply aren't that big enough of an act. I'm sure they just decided to use the venue because it's nice & new & was available.

I think you will find Foo Fighters are now one of the biggest live acts in the world, they "sold out" two shows at wembley, Madonna is doing one.

Guest jamesshot
I think you will find Foo Fighters are now one of the biggest live acts in the world, they "sold out" two shows at wembley, Madonna is doing one.

Yes, she is doing ONE at 10x the prices.

well i hope she has fun playing to a half empty stadium at least her fans will all have enough room to be doing the vogue dance routine.

^ There is absolutly NO confirmed evidence of there EVER being multiple shows planned for Wembely Stadium. There is also absolutely NO evdience that Portugal was EVER planned as a SUBSTITUE show. There doesn't appear to be that many tickets left for the Wembely. If you search on ticket master there are only some shit tickets left for seating in the upper most sections & some GA left. I'm sure it will end up selling out by the time the Show starts up.

You MAY be correct however I am sure the promoters planned 2 shows for Wembley. Wembley's offical website even had the date reserved

in their diary and nothing has filled 13/9 so far. Nether the less the promoters seriously fucked up the pricing of Wembley £160 to sit at the back

of a stadium is a rip off when tickets for other European markets are less. The UK is her 2nd biggest market outside of the US. She grossed big

numbers in London on the CT. Paris has 2 shows, the first sold out because there is a big difference in the tickets prices compared to London. She could have easily

sold out 2 shows at Wembley. The demand would have been there, they just charged too fucking much.

well i hope she has fun playing to a half empty stadium at least her fans will all have enough room to be doing the vogue dance routine.

I don't think it will be half empty but it is struggling to sell out.

I wonder what she will be thiniking when she walks out on stage on Wembley. Will it cross her mind

she is only doing 1 show in London when she normally does multiple shows? Or will she even give a toss?

Guest boytoyville

You just said in your first post that the stadium wasn't even close to being sold out & now you are saying they had 2 sold out shows there? :crazy:

Im sure it will be weird for her usually doing 5 or 6 shows in London (i think) and this time only one. She shouldnt be so fucking greedy.

Guest boytoyville
denial is a bytch

Just stating the facts that is all. I can't wait for Box Office scores to come in & prove her gross is higher than CT w/most of the dates being sold out. Maybe then you will stop the madness.

You just said in your first post that the stadium wasn't even close to being sold out & now you are saying they had 2 sold out shows there? :crazy:

they were advertised as "sold out" the friday show i went to had alot of emtpy seats whereas im told the saturday show was packed out. She is struggling with one.

Im sure it will be weird for her usually doing 5 or 6 shows in London (i think) and this time only one. She shouldnt be so fucking greedy.

She did 2 shows at Wembley Stadium on WTG tour, 3 on BA and 2 on GS. She could easily have done 2 on this tour if she wasn't so greedy.

Does she not realise there is a credit crisis, petrol prices are sky high and property prices are falling.

Just stating the facts that is all. I can't wait for Box Office scores to come in & prove her gross is higher than CT w/most of the dates being sold out. Maybe then you will stop the madness.

So the gross for the Wembley stadium show maybe higher than the 8 Wembley arena shows on the CT?

How does that help fans who want to see her but are not willing to pay rip off prices to sit at the back of a shitty stadium?

Why does it have to be about how much money she made at the box office? Why can't it be about giving something

back to the fans for all their loyal support. UK fans have stood by her through thick and thin, its her 2nd biggest market.

Seriously, she has pissed a lot of people off who feel she doesn't give shit about her fans.

Guest jamesshot

She did 8 shows at Wembley ARENA last time. Someone said that 8 Wembley ARENA shows are equal to 1 Wembley STADIUM show. Poor Madonna. She may only play to 70,000 instead of 80,000.

Guest boytoyville
So the gross for the Wembley stadium show maybe higher than the 8 Wembley arena shows on the CT?

How does that help fans who want to see her but are not willing to pay rip off prices to sit at the back of a shitty stadium?

Why does it have to be about how much money she made at the box office? Why can't it be about giving something

back to the fans for all their loyal support. UK fans have stood by her through thick and thin, its her 2nd biggest market.

Seriously, she has pissed a lot of people off who feel she doesn't give shit about her fans.

Personally I could care less. It's those fans "problem" No one is making them go to the concert. I have no issue paying the high prices & getting tix to multiple shows. I personally believe I get what I pay for. Her shows always deliver & I expect it to be an impressive high budget production. I would rather the majority of tix be 350 bucks with an awsome production that most of teh tix be in the 150 dollar range and get a half assed production. Thats how I feel. If people want to go bad enough they will save some money up to but a ticket. It's as simple as that. I'm sure she will end up selling out Wembely or come very close. I mean why play 8 shows at an arena when she could make over half of that total gross from 1. People here are always complaining that she doesn't play new markets, well guess what she only tours for 4 months so she can be with her family & by doing stadiums at a higher costs than moset acts it allows her to do a show with a big budget & allows time for her to go to more & different markets. Some fans are just never going to be happy. Whatever.

Why are people so convinced the sun shines out of Madonna's ass and will defend absolutely anything? Jesus, grow a brain.

dear that's the POWER OF MADONNA :dramatic:

She should pull a Bon Jovi..This weekends show at Brussels stadium was

flopping..so they had a 'sale' on tickets..all tickets at €25 :chuckle:

The people who payed full price were very upset. :fag:

'boytoyville' stop acting like Madonna's fan fluffer & pull that cork out of ur arse.

& Foo Fighters r huge in the UK.

Guest boytoyville

^ I never said the Foo Fighters weren't big inthe UK but lets not be silly & put them on the same level as Madonna. Oh & somebody needs to be a "fan fluffer" around here with all the negativity around her these days anyway.

Guest jamesshot
HONEY TRUST THE SAME FANS WAS BUYING THE SAME 8 DATE TICKETS THERE.

R U SAYING OTHERWISE?

Oh come on Vanity.

Guest boytoyville

Just searched ticketmaster & there is no GA left for Wembely, & shit seats left with even a singel search. Maybe they will decided to go ahead & add a second show there. Who knows.

This is the first Madonna gig since Blonde Ambition that I am not going to see.

The thought of going to Wembley Stadium to Madonna as a speck on the horizon is not appealing, if I had managed to get Golden Circle tickets I would have gone but without those tickets it's rather pointless.

Roll on the DVD

The most she's ever played at Wembley Stadium was three nights - I'm sure the Saturday was intended as a second night but they didn't realise that the UKers wouldn't pay £65 to sit on the fifth tier at the back of the stadium.

The Girlie Show sold out, despite the backlash at the time because the tickets were of a reasonable price - the economies of scale mean she could have charged a one price ticket (like she used to do) and people sat/stood where they could get.

The biggest joke of this tour is that she chose to open in Cardiff :lmao: and that can't even sell out because the hotels can't cope with demand for rooms from people outside the city. :lmao:

This is the first Madonna gig since Blonde Ambition that I am not going to see.

The thought of going to Wembley Stadium to Madonna as a speck on the horizon is not appealing, if I had managed to get Golden Circle tickets I would have gone but without those tickets it's rather pointless.

Roll on the DVD

I take your point but the DVD will no doubt be as crap as the one for the CT which is a nice production but totally fails to capture the live event. Bootlegs and youtube clips will be your best option.

The biggest joke of this tour is that she chose to open in Cardiff :lmao: and that can't even sell out because the hotels can't cope with demand for rooms from people outside the city. :lmao:

But she sold that out for the Confessions Tour. :confused:

I think it was a mistake to play two large stadiums (especially one as massive as Wembley) in the same territory (UK), or at least to put them both on sale at the same time. She can get away with it in France, but I am not sure about anywhere else.