Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

found this posted on M Tribe.

some more news from "insiders".....

***Jamie King is currently trying to convince Madonna to perform the following songs:

"Open Your Heart"

"Borderline"

"Physical Attraction"

"Express Yourself"

"Vogue"

"Justify My Love"

"Rescue Me"

"Erotica"

"Bedtime Story"

"Take A Bow"

"Human Nature"

and a few others.He's come up with some exciting new choreography/themes/ideas for these songs and plans to show Madonna when she returns to the rehearsals in New York.

***Madonna will definitely perform something from the Dick Track 'I'm Breathless' album.That's one of her favorite albums.

sounds exciting! If she performs many of those songs,I'll be satisfied :)

Any word yet on who will be the music director on this tour? I doubt it will be Stuart Price again.

It's Kevin Antunes. He was the musical director for Justin's FutureSex/LoveShow tour.

EY was done a couple tours ago- the BAT rendition is a very formidable performance to compete with- some didn't care for the RIT one, and probably feel it's best to leave it alone for now.

Madge can still have a good setlist if she doesn't do any older tracks (meaning 1983-1999) she did in the last two tours.

Guest Danny86
Madge can still have a good setlist if she doesn't do any older tracks (meaning 1983-1999) she did in the last two tours.

HG, I'm curious, how would you fill up the Sticky & Sweet setlist? Let's assume that out of 20 songs, she'll do 10 HC tracks, so there's room for 10 old songs. I know you'd want the remaining TIC tracks, especially "Borderline", but what else? :)

Hmmm... Let's say 22 tracks, cause u know "Hung Up" and "Music" will be incorporated in there, too. :) "Ray of Light" may be another shoo-in, and while it's one of her best tracks, I'd have no problem with it being left out.

From the 80s, I'd be very pleased if these tracks were performed:

Everybody (fuller version, not cutting out a verse like she did in COADF promo)

Borderline

Physical Attraction (would be cool if Ms. King can get her to do this, too)

Dress You Up

Over and Over (unlikely, but would be great)

Open Your Heart

Cherish

Till Death Do Us Part (unlikely, but this following "Miles Away" would work well)

From the 90s:

Take a Bow

The Power of Good-Bye (also maybe part of a MA/TDDUP trilogy)

Guest Danny86

Cool list HG! I'd only object against the 3 tracks from the first album. I only want "Borderline", the other 2 are not that great. Oh and not a fan of "Dress You Up" either, I'd prefer something like "Rain" instead of that one.

I can live without RAIN

I can also, as said before, live without lessee know SINGLES and album tracks

GO FOR THE BIG ONES MADGE

*gets ROCK VERSION of CHERISH*

I would love any of the following:

Think of Me

Lucky Star

Stay

Physical Attraction

Dress You Up

The Look of Love

Back In Business

Jusitify My Love

Erotica (normal version)

Bad Girl

Deeper and Deeper (not the crappy RIT slow version)

Skin

Shanti Ashtangi

Human Nature (club mix)

Bedtime Story

Love Tried To Welcome Me

You'll See (not acoustic)

I Want You

Love Profusion

Sorry

but definitely no guitar performances as they are booooooooring. But you know we are going to get one as she wants to prove she can play. :blink:

I also don't get the real passion for Open Your Heart. I suppose it wasn't a No1 in the UK. Same with Take A Bow - got to No.16 so I never think of it as a big song.

I've not actually bought a ticket. I'm looking forward to the demo versions leaking and that is about it!

Kat (madonnamad forum) who has been very reliable in the past

well i wasnt gonna say anything yet but I can confirm that

she's doing Vogue with a european house dance mix style

and confirming La isla bonita as well

More info to come

Kat about LIB

i said the exact thing to my friend

and i quote

"LOL shut up...that woman loves that fucking song"

ok, back to VOGUE (LOL)...to HolidayGuy...its ok if you want to call me "daft"...i think you;ve called me worse on here, but to be truthful, i didnt think Vogue sounded any different. I wonder what the point is in re-recording a tune, only to lip it instead? talk about a lot of work for no real reason? Apparently the only one fooled was me! I mean, i of course thought it was LIVE when i was there in person, and realized later it was probably not. I guess parts of it were different now that i think about it..i just didnt think it was an AWFUL version like some on here are quoting. it wasnt THAT different.

Guest Danny86

I hope that European house dance mix of "Vogue" does not mean another mashup like "Music" on the promo tour... :confused:

The problem with the re-recorded RIT version of "Vogue" is that she doesn't give it the powerful voice that the original has, where she basically belts out the song vocally.

i thought it was fine. Loved it in fact. Vouge always seemed more like a presentation than a song to sing. she didnt exactly knock it out of the park in the Girlie SHow either and i think the RIT version was way more fun to watch than the GS one. but that one was ok too.

i thought it was fine. Loved it in fact. Vouge always seemed more like a presentation than a song to sing. she didnt exactly knock it out of the park in the Girlie SHow either and i think the RIT version was way more fun to watch than the GS one. but that one was ok too.

I agree. I thought it was a great performance, lipped most likely, but whatever.

madonna doesnt belt out anything anymore

When has Madonna ever belted out anything? That's not her musical singing style. She's not Aretha Franklin. I enjoy her more subdued vocal style. I didn't think Vogue on the RIT was so different from the original.

Guest boytoyville

I will just shit my pants if she does vouge! I WOULD BE SO HAPPY! The Re-Invention Tour version & performance was INCREDIBLE & one of the best performances of all her tours. I want to see a nice big chorographed vance routine again!

subhuman, glindathegood and boytoyville! :thumbsup:

nice to see 3 positive posts in a row!

one last thing about vogue, i give anyone the right to their opinion, and if someone didnt like the performance, thats cool, but that one post a few pages back where someone said the re-recording was absoultely horrendous, made it sound like it was done over beyond all recoginition and that was a little extreme. she didnt do that bad a job with it. It would make sense that if she was gonna lip synch the tune anyway, why go over the top with the re-recording, i'm sure she made a version that was easy to lip.

I truly doubt too, that anyone left the concert extrememly disappointed with Vogue. i was beyond thrilled leaving that concert and i definately remember the buzz leaving the show and people were excited she did that song, no one said "wow, everything was great but that re-recorded version of vogue!"

most people just appreciate things for what they were. That was one hell of an opening performance.

I'd love for her to perform Vogue :) I just hope we don't get a rock version of HU!