New York MSG shows

rafter69

Guest Damaris
No no no!!! Don't panic and don't buy anything from stubhub! At least not now. There will be more tickets released on ticketmaster awhile from now. I've done that many times for Madonna and other big tours at MSG. I almost never bother with the initial public sale. If you feel you must go through stubhub, Ebay or some scalper site, don't consider buying from them for a long while. They start their prices extremely high now when there's nothing available on ticketmaster (to take advantage of panicking people who can't get anything on ticketmaster). The scalpers have a HUGE inventory for each show and months from now it will become a competition with other scalpers to get rid of their leftover seats. Their prices will gradually drop over the months as the show approaches. This happened on the last two tours and those shows had more hype/anticipation/commotion than this one's been getting so far. Be patient for more tickets to be released on ticketmaster and check back there frequently, or at least wait for prices to significantly drop on stubhub, Ebay, etc.

*wipes forehead with hand* Whew Thanks, you just saved my wallet!

Guest AudioMIXXER1123

I am going to the Jersey show October 4th IZOD CENTER. Section 236 Row 10. Anyone else going?

Haven't gotten anything yet. Hope there will be decent floor seats for *2* and not singles. I got 7th row in Philly fopr RIT, but was just 1 seat.

The $350 tix Ticketmster has made available thus far are NOT worth that price. Thought of doing the auction, but...

Okay, so at SOME point floor seats should be available through ticketmaster at the normal $350 price?

Is this how it worked for the CT? They jacked up the prices for non floor seats and then everything came down?

There have been floor sests avilable thru regular Ticketmaster- i.e. for New Jersey, they all were at the back, Section 4. And, they had lower level, on side, for $350- again, I don't think those seats are worth that (via regular buying).

I'm not sure how the auctions work- do we see bids others are placing?

From StubHub:

MSG Oct 6

Section Row Qty Price

Floor 9 J 2 $18,000.00 each View Details

You gotta be fucking kidding me with this? Who da fuck is stupid enough to pay $18,000 just to see Madonna? I mean, I'm big fan, but this is ridiculous.

From StubHub:

MSG Oct 6

Section Row Qty Price

Floor 9 J 2 $18,000.00 each View Details

You gotta be fucking kidding me with this? Who da fuck is stupid enough to pay $18,000 just to see Madonna? I mean, I'm big fan, but this is ridiculous.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: $18,000!!!!!! DEAL! :lmao:

I bought tickets with the pre-sale and got in the 300's. I tried on the 19th to get something closer. I went to the 10/07 date and got nothing. The second I got back to the page with all the shows listed I clicked refresh and the added date appeared and I tried it right away and got through quickly. I was offered section 5 row J which I thought was too much to the side so I tried again. This time I had to wait approx. :40 seconds and was offered sec. 91. After that I went back to the main page and clicked refresh for 40 minutes in case they added another show. In the end I tried again for the 11th and got sec. 5 row N. I was hoping for 6 or 7. If there's more dates I'll try again. If I get something better I'll try to sell what I got. If not I'll hold onto what I got and try Ticketmaster the day of another date and see what happens. If I get something then I will try to sell the sec 5 ticket in what little time I have. I've never been on the floor before so I really want that experience. Everything is so complicated.

Guest boytoyville

^ Any floor seat in general is hard to get for a Madonna show. Looks like MSG shows are petty much sold out for now & the IZOD center in NJ only has single 95$ tickets left.

^ Any floor seat in general is hard to get for a Madonna show. Looks like MSG shows are petty much sold out for now & the IZOD center in NJ only has single 95$ tickets left.

I got floor seats so easily last time though. I mean it took a bit but they filtered out more tickets closer to the show date. I hope they do that again and I hope the prices arent the insane amount they are right now. No offense to my home state but I dont want to see her in NJ. :americanlife: And I will NOT see her in Atlantic City after the trainwreck crowd I heard about last time.

Guest FrozenLight

Iwonder if they plan on just keeping those 3 MSG shows and then instead of ading shows there going for a one stadium show at Giant Stadium instead? Maybe that's the reason they're holding on for right now

Guest Damaris

I bought my Van Halen tickets at TicketsNow the day after the concert

for a great seat at a great price!

Hopefully the same will happen with Madonna

Guest boytoyville

^ Good for you! Only 3 MSG shows this time! Crazy. She did 6 MSG shows for Re-Invention & 2 East Rutherford & 6 MSG shows for Confessoins. I wonder why they decided to only go with 3 MSG dates this time, especially when they all sold out really fast.

Guest boytoyville

^ Hopefully. Seems like they are into taking their sweet time adding additional dates this tour!

my tix came in the mail today!

was nice to have them in my hands now! :demonic:

4 of mine too. haven't opened the envelope yet. i plan to resell 2 of them.

Guest northernlad
They'll most likely add more MSG shows

Probably just a show, for the 12th; there isn't room for others otherwise. I'd say they planned 6 New York shows just like CT (2 at Izod, 4 at the Garden), but because someone screwed up having the 1st Jersey show on a Friday they've only got 5 now. It's still possible the Philadelphia show was moved back (they were obviously planning for 2 shows there too) to allow a final Garden show on the 18th. And then there's the 9th, but I think she'd object to doing that many shows in a row.

My tix came too! i wanted to trade them out for cheaper seats but i'm just gonna keep them. there are tons of empty dates for more NY dates. I'm sure she'll add at least two more.

UGH! I wish I could get presale for MSG but I waited too long to sign up. I wish I would've done it back in March as planned but time went by so fast... let's hope plan B works out.

Internet Presale Info

Fan Club Presale:

Start:Mon, 06/09/08 12:00 PM EDT

End:Wed, 06/11/08 12:00 PM EDT

Citi Cardmembers:

Start:Tue, 06/10/08 10:00 AM EDT

End:Thu, 06/12/08 12:00 PM EDT

Internet Onsale Info

Onsale to General Public:

Fri, 06/13/08 09:00 AM EDT

VIP Package:

Start:Fri, 06/13/08 09:00 AM EDT

End:Sun, 10/05/08 12:00 PM EDT

I WANT FLOOR SEATS AT NORMAL PRICE GODDAMNIT!!!!!

Will they sell for a more normal price between 350 or 400 once the show dates get closer?