New York MSG shows

rafter69

I'm in Section 108, Row F for Tues.

It's not the best, but I guess it's okay. I'm just happy to be there.

I don't think I will have the time or money to do more than one show on this tour. So I'm happy with what I got.

just found these "NOSEBLEED" seats:

Madonna

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Sat, Oct 11, 2008 08:00 PM

Your Ticket(s)

Section

Row

Seats

Description

E

11 - 12

Price Level 4

MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING

Type

2 Standard Admission

Ticket Price

US $64.50 x 2

Convenience Charge

US $10.60 x 2

LOL

this sucks

level 100

level 200

all $400.00?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's absolutely insane..................i'm sorry.....i don't mind paying $400.00 if i'm close to the stage..........but $400.00 to be all the way in the back on level 200?!!!

come on....ridiculous....really...pissed...i don't even think i want to go to this shit.

Kind of weird how they just added the Saturday show, no great seats available and they kept going from the back floor sections, to section 100 , section 200, section 300, section 400.

I was trying to get good seats but ticketmaster has me blocked now

if all of the tickets were sold to scalpers then she sold out. she's made her money already. :rant:

LOL well true when you put it like that SHE did indeed sell out, but not sold out in terms of bums on seats on the night :lol:

I really didn't see any difference in this sale than the Confessions sale. If anything, I think my seat is a little bit better than the seat I had at the first Confessions show which was at the very back of the floor.

It's always hard to get good seats at MSG because it's in NYC and MSG gives tons of seats to people like season tickeholders for basketball and hockey. Everyone wants to see a show in NYC so there are so many more people trying to get seats.

I really didn't see any difference in this sale than the Confessions sale. If anything, I think my seat is a little bit better than the seat I had at the first Confessions show which was at the very back of the floor.

It's always hard to get good seats at MSG because it's in NYC and MSG gives tons of seats to people like season tickeholders for basketball and hockey. Everyone wants to see a show in NYC so there are so many more people trying to get seats.

some of the seats are more expensive. They kinda realized that they can get away with charging floor prices for some of the higher sections on the sides because the stage is still close. thus, i ended up paying $354.50 per seat in Section 221. A bit ridiculous but I panicked and bought them. oy vey.

Guest boytoyville

Hang in there guys! I know tickets are hard to get but you just never know! She is selling out fast so props to Madge for that! I'm proud of M-Dolla!

If the site doesn't come up then you've been IP blocked by ticketmaster. It happened to me once years ago. They block people if they think they've done too many searches in a short time frame. The block on that IP # is usually for 24 hours. You'll need another IP to get back on the site in the meantime. They do this IP blocking to deter scalpers, but of course scalpers are sophisticated enough to circumvent this with a gazillion IPs at their disposal. And they have programs which bypass that whole captcha code crap. This is a part of the reason why tours "sell out" so fast. Scalpers are able to buy up many seats very quickly. Literally 1000s of tickets per show. Watch stubhub and and scalper ticketing sites swell with many more NY tickets soon. :americanlife:

i can't even get the ticketmaster site to work anymore.....it says page unavailable.

Ticketmaster blocked your IP adress, you prob tried getting tiks a couple of times, u have to use another computer or IP adress to get in again,

oh lovely.....haha

in addition to the insane prices..and trying to find something that would justify me spending around $400.00 for a seat in the back of Madison Square Gardens......at the top?

haha now i'm blocked.......lovely.

Just got two tickets, and my friend says we are "further from the stage than last time but closer to the floor," which she thinks sounds better, but I think sounds worse. I don't care, though; I'm just grateful to be going, plus I usually watch the screens anyway. We are paying $187.50 for the Saturday the 11th show.

They better add another date. I went into the Saturday sale the minute it was offered, all bad seats offered. Which proves all the scalpers have them.

In no way am I going to pay a shitload of money to sit in 300 or 400. You cant see anything there and its depressing!

Why go to a concert to watch screens?

I've dont it before and it sucks.

They better add another date. I went into the Saturday sale the minute it was offered, all bad seats offered. Which proves all the scalpers have them.

In no way am I going to pay a shitload of money to sit in 300 or 400. You cant see anything there and its depressing!

Why go to a concert to watch screens?

I've dont it before and it sucks.

I honestly don't mind watching the screens. Because I had good seats for CT, but there were so many dumb fucks around me, getting in my way, that I relied on the screens anyway lol.

I honestly don't mind watching the screens. Because I had good seats for CT, but there were so many dumb fucks around me, getting in my way, that I relied on the screens anyway lol.

Well if it doesnt bother you fine, I did that once and found it to be a waste of my time being there.

Well if it doesnt bother you fine, I did that once and found it to be a waste of my time being there.

Oh I completely understand. I think a lot of it has to do with being short and not that aggressive. Most of the artists I attend regularly (Jewel, Tori Amos, etc.) perform in smaller venues, particularly here in Maine, and people remain seated for the majority of the show. So when I attend a big event at MSG or someplace like that, where people are standing in the aisles and dancing and blocking your view, I just naturally have to rely on the screens. I'm not a dwarf, but pretty short.

But I totally get your point.

Guys, don't worry if you don't get tickets right away. Stay away from scalpers. Just make yourself available for the date you want & check ticketmaster the day of the show. I've done that many times and scored floor tickets all but on 2 occasions. For Madonna you may have to sit at least one level up but it'll be decent to good viewing.

so anyone think I got majorly screwed in the ass with $354 tickets for section 221? Should I call and ask why 200-level seats were so pricey? maybe it was a glitch???

You got majorly SCREWED!

so anyone think I got majorly screwed in the ass with $354 tickets for section 221? Should I call and ask why 200-level seats were so pricey? maybe it was a glitch???

Yes I think you've been screwed. Because it's MSG in NYC and Madonna they assume they can get away with those prices. Loge seats towards the stage (though not up close) and the very back of the floor cost price level 1. I certainly wouldn't want to pay price level 1 to sit there while people much, much closer are paying the same. And people literally just a couple rows away at this show are paying price level 2. If section 221 cost price level 2 that would be an alright price for me.

Guest northernlad

they'll laugh at you. just try 2 scalp them & either wait it out till they release more seats right before the show (which with as few shows as she's doing there this time they may not...) or land an easy floor seat in Boston or Philly & commute.. it would be the better value

Guest northernlad
:blink: you've obviously never been in msg. I was closer 2 the stage than that last time and my ticket was only 165. he has every right 2 be disappointed