Official Houston "Sticky n Sweet" thread

Guest jamesshot

Guest mirwais72

It depends on how many people are logged on trying to do the same thing. During the Astros presale, Lesbi and I logged on to get tickets and it took less than a minute. It was great. Tickets kept popping up and we kept throwing them back in. We didn't buy the first ones that came up because we ended up getting better seats waiting. We ended up with Section C, Row 22 and 23. On Saturdays, other sales are going on at the same time so I am not sure if that makes a difference on the wait time. If it takes more than 10 minutes, I would worry throwing tickets back in for fear it might take longer to get back in the cue. If you have time, it pays to not get the first tickets offered to you. In this case, you have to decide. Good luck!!!!

Guest boytoyville

Looks like ticketmaster is busy for this show. You have to wait for 3 minutes to get tickets to pop up!

Fuck!!! I was holding some a seat in section E row 16 but my damn credit card wouldn't pass.. apparently the paymente I gave yesterday for the credit card hasn't been updated yet!! I'm so pissed because now I can't even find any seats for $350.. and I have to leave soon. bull shit.

I guess I won't be getting any tickets today.. I called my bank and it takes them about 3 days to process the payments. Ughh.... I knew I should have payed earlier this week... I just hope I can find good seats as the date approaches... I really don't want to pay more than what they're actually worth.. but shit I wanna see her concert!!!

:(

Guest mirwais72

Lesbi and I got tickets together during the Astros presale thanks to his co-worker. We got Section C, Rows 22 and 23 and I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THOSE! That's on top of the ones I had before which I have to get rid of. Lesbi did general sale today for some friends and did some cheaper seats. After talking to him, I decided to CALL Ticketmaster (which is old school, I know). I told myself if they offered anything in the first 5 rows or if anything decent came up, I would get them. I set those high standards because I knew nothing would be available.

I called at 10:20am or so and I got through in 2 minutes. The girl was very nice and as she was looking, I felt bad that I was going to deny the tickets because she worked so hard to find them. She comes back and tells me she has SECTION E, ROW 7! I asked her to repeat it because I was seconds away from shitting my pants. Impuslively, I BOUGHT THEM! (No, I can't afford them!)

Ticketmaster and the whole ticket process is a tricky thing. Calling Ticketmaster is old school but when I think about the thousands of us online trying to get tickets, it makes sense.

Is there a thread already started to find out where everyone is sitting? It would be cool to meet the faces of the everyone in here!!!!

Guest vermicious knid

Got mine!

Apparently I am the only one not going for the lettered sections. I chose the $95 category. Section 127, row 35.

Guest mirwais72

I have had some high priced seats and low priced seats at various dates for Madonna's shows. Any experience is an amazing one. There is something about a live show and as you know, she can put on a SHOW! Enjoy!

So, what are the odds of a second show in Houston? She added a show in Vegas and Denver today. Denver is right before Houston. She doesn't play on Fridays so there are about three days she can play with to add another date. So far, I think the places she added an extra date were arenas. Not sure if she would do a two day stadium stop.

Any thoughts?

Guest boytoyville

Looks like this show is selling very well. Only tix coming up on ticket master now are at the 400 level.

I have had some high priced seats and low priced seats at various dates for Madonna's shows. Any experience is an amazing one. There is something about a live show and as you know, she can put on a SHOW! Enjoy!

So, what are the odds of a second show in Houston? She added a show in Vegas and Denver today. Denver is right before Houston. She doesn't play on Fridays so there are about three days she can play with to add another date. So far, I think the places she added an extra date were arenas. Not sure if she would do a two day stadium stop.

Any thoughts?

why do you say she 'added' a show in Denver and Vegas? You mean a 2nd show for each?

Guest boytoyville

^ There has been no second date added to Dever or Vegas on ticketmaster yet.

*edit* I see they have been added to Madonna.com though!

P.S. Why does Madonna.com only list the US dates in their listing,are the internatinal dates listed in a different section?

This is what I am looking at. https://tickets.madonna.com/

They are building a beautiful stadium right now in TX. She should go there for her next tour.

The stadium is gong to have a HUGE high definition video board :) Imagine how cool an HD video board is going to look :) The people that are far away would get to see the show in HD :)

Center-Hung - Sideline Displays (2)

Width: 159' 7-1/16"

Height: 71' 4-3/4"

Total LEDs: 10,584,064

Pixel-Pitch: 20mm

Screen Area: 11,393 square feet

Power Consumption: 635 Kilowatts

Screen Weight: Approx. 170,000 lbs

Video Source: 1080p HDTV

Resolution: 2,176 x 4,864

Installation start date: October, 2008

Installation completion date: June 1, 2009

Center-Hung - End Zone Displays (2)

Width: 50' 4-3/4"

Height: 28' 6-3/4"

Total LEDs: 2,088,960

Pixel-Pitch: 16mm

Screen Area: 1,439 square feet

Power Consumption: 80 Kilowatts

Screen Weight: Approx. 25,000 lbs

Video Source: 1080p HDTV

Resolution: 1,080 x 1,920

Installation start date: October, 2008

Installation completion date: June 1, 2009

cowboystadium.jpg

2412787248_1b47ab2aea_b.jpg

Guest mirwais72
^ There has been no second date added to Dever or Vegas on ticketmaster yet.

*edit* I see they have been added to Madonna.com though!

P.S. Why does Madonna.com only list the US dates in their listing,are the internatinal dates listed in a different section?

This is what I am looking at. https://tickets.madonna.com/

Before some of the presales, there used to be a link on that very same page that allowed you to toggle back and forth from US shows and other shows. I don't see it there anymore. It's funy that they have a link to Viagogo to get UK tickets from this page. Could it be that those shows are sold out? Who knows.

All the dates are listed here though...

http://www.livenation.com/madonna/

Guest vermicious knid
Looks like this show is selling very well. Only tix coming up on ticket master now are at the 400 level.

I went to check and the first thing offered to me was something in the 200 section.

Guest boytoyville
I went to check and the first thing offered to me was something in the 200 section.

If you search for two tickets like most people do you only get level 400. If you are looking for a single ticket you get the 200 level. So basically what is left for most people searching for tix is 400 level.

Guest boytoyville
Before some of the presales, there used to be a link on that very same page that allowed you to toggle back and forth from US shows and other shows. I don't see it there anymore. It's funy that they have a link to Viagogo to get UK tickets from this page. Could it be that those shows are sold out? Who knows.

All the dates are listed here though...

http://www.livenation.com/madonna/

Actually they are missing many dates as well including all of the "extra" added Canadian shows, Extra new york,chicago date..etc... It's not up to date either by any means. They have always had this problem. I never understood how or why live nation & madonna.com can never post ALL of her tour dates. It's like they want to keep them secret! lol Not to mention that they still have the Philly date listed as the 19th on that site. :rant:

Guest mirwais72

Yeah, I noticed it was updated but it did have all the US shows and otherwsie all together. They should release al the dates but I wonder if they don't because many are not confirmed. I am sure they have many reserved in the event she does a second show but I think extra shows are determined by ticket sales of the first. Who knows...I am ready for ther tour to start!

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder when we will officially hear how Houston did?

You can say it's sold out! Those limited view seats are soooooooooo bad! I know, I bough 4 tickets for a friend of mine, that was all that was left....and they were $165 each.

I still don't have a ticket, lmao. I probably won't buy any till Sept or October.

Stubhub's prices have been going down, there are also good seats available through eBay. Even craigslist's Houston has many listings.

I have checked several ticket brokers and their prices are $1,000-$2,000 for the floor seats that sold for $350! :shock:

By the way, Houston friends or whoever wants, please call KODA fm, the biggest AC station in Houston.. They don't play enough Madonna :confused:

Request Line: (713) 212-5991

By the way, Houston friends or whoever wants, please call KODA fm, the biggest AC station in Houston.. They don't play enough Madonna :confused:

Request Line: (713) 212-5991

We also need to request her on 104 KRBE, it's the biggest radio station in Houston!

We also need to request her on 104 KRBE, it's the biggest radio station in Houston!

Ok, but promise me that you're gonna call! I cannot call from Greece, they're gonna understand my accent!lol

713-390-KRBE (5723) On KRBE ask the Hard Candy singles and even Music and Don't tell me. It's not 100% top40 station

Here is the biggest Hot AC IN hOUSTON Mix 96.5: REQUEST LINE: 713-212-5965 Here request everything! 80s 90s and Hard Candy singles! They play 4 Minutes, no10 on their playlist!:)

Here is the all new HOT 95.7(you know, the big posters all over the city:)) (713) 390-5957 or text your favourite song to 43952(Come on, if you don't want to call at least send a text! It's just a text message!! That station says all the time that it's the new generation of top40 radio in America, they're writing history and things like that lol and people decide what the station is gonna play! Next week please write 'Give it to me-Madonna and send it! The song will be delivered to the radio and it's very important. And of course text 4 Minutes. The song can easily be a re-current in top40 stations)! Here request the Hard Candy singles

And do not forget KODA fm! It's no1 in ages above 30. (713) 212-5991 Request 80s and 90s and even Music and Don't tell me

:thumbsup:

Please do it! Her airplay in Houston is not so good compared to markets like Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, San Diego etc.. The hot AC and AC stations must support her more. And we should be grateful that the New CBS radio station Hot 95.7 showed interest for Madonna! Do not forget the Madonna posters all over the city. And now that she is coming in November there is a good chance for more older hits to be added and of course for the top40 stations to support the rest of the hard candy singles. Don't forget that Houston is now the sixth largest music market in America

I can do that for all the big radio markets if you want. The only problem that she is facing in her career now is the airplay in America. The calls might not work so much always in top40 formats but if you call AC,HOT AC and Adult Hits formats it counts! It's my pleasure to make lists like that. Here it's pointless to make calls because every 10 minutes they play Madonna, whatever format it is :thumbsup: So I guess that we should all focus on that.. But I wish I could call.. So I need your help

Guest jamesshot

Perez reports Houston is sold out. That should be about 45,000+. Good job Madge!

This will be the MOST she has played to in Houston.

Guest mirwais72

The official site for Minute Maid Park says that the official stats for seating in the park is 40,950. If you notice on the seating chart, there is a lot of gray area of seats which were not sold because of obstructive viewing. It isn't a lot but either way, even if it's 35,000, it's excellent. I am still confused as to why she chose stadiums...I guess less shows in certain cities. It would have been great to have had 2 nights in Houston at Toyota. Toyota seats 19,000 for concerts. I think Reliant Stadium has horrible acoustics and that would have sucked. It doesn't matter, she is FINALLY coming back to Texas and I couldn't be happier.