Official Houston "Sticky n Sweet" thread

Guest jamesshot

Guest mirwais72

FINALLY! Well, it feels more official now! For some reason, it worried me it didn't show up. I was almost kind of hoping tickets weren't sold through Ticketmaster given all the horrer stories people told. Personally, I never had any problem with them aside from their extra fees. I need to stop reading all of the negative posts and comments.

So, I guess it's safe to say we won't get a seating chart until opening night. ICON mentioned it was "under wraps" until then. WOW, SHE'S COMING AFTER 18 YEARS!

Guest mirwais72
But how will we know how close are we to the stage when buy tickets?

Well, we probably won't! I mean, there has to be a reason ICON said the stage is under wraps until opening night. Sometimes I think it might be because they are rushing things and they don't know what the stage looks like. Sometimes I think she is going to surprise us with an amazing stage that no seat will be a bad seat. (That last one is wishful thinking!)

9 DAYS UNTIL GENERAL SALE!!!!

Guest mirwais72

I was worried about the stadium being so big but from the looks of it, it might be a great venue after all. I am not sure about acoustics in a retractable ceiling but they greyed out some of the sets on the side and that's good. The floor seats look like there are so many. WE CAN ONLY HOPE!

WHO ELSE IS SHITTING WITH EXCITEMENT?

Thanks Eddie for sharing...we have been waiting for that!

Guest mirwais72

I hate to be the "Debbie Downer" of the group...it's not my style. But ICON sent out an email today regarding presales and whatnot. (By the way, Ticketmaster doesn't mention a presale for Houston but it will be May 27th @ 10am according to ICON!)

So, I know the seating chart was released by Ticketmaster for the Houston show but it doesn't make sense that we are the only ones who got a seating chart. Word is the other seating charts for the other venues are not correct. So, in today's email, this message was shared again:

* We understand the frustration with not having the exact seating chart to review when you are purchasing tickets for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour. Like all previous Madonna tours, the Sticky & Sweet tour will be a visual delight for all her fans. And while the exact staging and performance elements of the Sticky & Sweet tour are strategically under wraps until the tour opens, fans should be assured that the tour promoters have worked very closely with the design team to ensure that all seats on sale will offer the best possible sight lines. And the ticket allotments during the Icon presales have been chosen to provide members with the best possible locations and sightlines as well. In the coming weeks, Icon members will also have a chance to enter exclusive contests and win front row concert tickets. Stay tuned for more details.

Any thoughts?

Guest jamesshot

No catwalk? At least not that we know of.

I think I will see what I can get on sale day. If nothing good, I will wait.

No catwalk? At least not that we know of.

I think I will see what I can get on sale day. If nothing good, I will wait.

Are you willing to take that risk?

I am confused. I got an email from ICON and it talks about the VIP packages:

"The Candy Shop" V.I.P. Packages

You're invited to the Candy Shop!

"The Candy Shop" V.I.P. package for the upcoming shows in East Rutherford, NJ, Boston, Toronto and Vancouver are now on sale!

Packages for the November 6 concert in Los Angeles, the November 16 concert in Houston and the November 26 concert in Miami will begin for Icon members only during the fan club presale starting on Tuesday at 10 AM LOCAL TIME.

The Candy Shop VIP Party Package includes:

* A sweet seat in either PL 1 or PL 2 so you can watch Madonna's signature moves up close

* An exclusive gift from the tour you can't get anywhere else, even the merch booth

* Your own VIP laminate for access to the Candy Shop party

* A pre-show reception with drinks, food, the incredible company of Madonna fans and, of course, the vibe of Hard Candy to get you in the mood.

I know the VIP packages will be sold in Houston, do you think those will be the closest to the stage? What is PL1/PL2?

Guest jamesshot

"The Candy Shop" V.I.P. package for the upcoming shows in East Rutherford, NJ, Boston, Toronto and Vancouver are now on sale!

Packages for the November 6 concert in Los Angeles, the November 16 concert in Houston and the November 26 concert in Miami will begin for Icon members only during the fan club presale starting on Tuesday at 10 AM LOCAL TIME.

* A sweet seat in either PL 1 or PL 2 so you can watch Madonna's signature moves up close

* An exclusive gift from the tour you can't get anywhere else, even the merch booth

* A pre-show reception with drinks, food, the incredible company of Madonna fans and, of course, the vibe of Hard Candy to get you in the mood.

I know the VIP packages will be sold in Houston, do you think those will be the closest to the stage? What is PL1/PL2?

Hmmm. Wish we knew how close they are. Dammit! This is stressful.

Guest mirwais72

I saw that too! There is so much confusion and I think I am going to let it go. We don't have any control over the amount of information that we do or don't have. I will be purchasing tickets on May 31st because even though I am sure there will be great tickets available later on in the months, I don't think I am willing to wait.

I saw some VIP Packages for other cities and the seats were awful for $575. If it offered a seat in the first 5 rows, I would take those in a minute.

I saw some VIP Packages for other cities and the seats were awful for $575. If it offered a seat in the first 5 rows, I would take those in a minute.

Same here! I just can't wait. Have so many things going in the next few days.

Guest jamesshot

Here is the email Hec sent me regarding getting good seats.

"Patience, frequently monitoring ticketmaster and Ebay/scalper sites and good timing.

Chunks of seats near the stage are withheld from going on sale when the shows initially goes on sale to the public. The venues don't have the exact dimensions needed for the staging till at least a couple weeks before the actual show. The stage is uniquely built at each venue. They refrain from selling seats because they don't want to accidentally sell seats that might end up not existing once they have the final stage plans. And when they have the final plans they they'll want to try to squeeze in more seats wherever possible.

And also scalpers are able to dump some unsold tickets back to ticketmaster. And unsold VIP tickets to friends and family of the show get dumped back on ticketmaster.

Most of these tickets getting released back on ticketmaster almost always takes place the week of the show leading up to the very day of the show. It varies but it's usually a couple days before the show leading up to the day of the show. Especially for MSG shows. It's a nerve wracking way to get tickets but worth it when you score amazing seats. I've gotten tickets a bunch of times from the 10th row up to the 2nd row this way.

I monitored many shows on the past 2 tours, including shows I had no intention of going to. I'm not exaggerating, but at every show (except for Montreal -- but that's because their tickets were handled by some weird local ticketing company instead of ticketmaster) very good to really AMAZING seats (right up to front row) were released for sale. But that required checking ticketmaster frequently morning to early evening the week or day of the show. I've gotten seats in the first 5 rows many times this way.

Online scalpers sites. All of those tickets you see on stubhub are the same exact tickets being offered on all the ticket scalping sites. They're all the same and have the same inventory. It's like a huge network of scalpers. They have enormous inventories and they don't sell a lot of them for awhile. They also try to flog them on Ebay for months. I watch many auctions for great seats fail many, many times to get bids and the price drops each time it's gets reposted for a new auction.

Anyway, on stubhub, Ebay and scalper sites their insane prices gradually drop and drop over the course of months and months. On the RIT for a few shows I bought them off scalpers the week of the show for face value. On the CT I bought a 10th row ticket for $100 below the face value cost the day of the show. The scalper sites get desperate to resell them when it's close to showtime and they often still have a lot of great seats. Though you know, for that show I saw front row pop up on ticketmaster but by then I already got my ticket from the scalper and didn't want to go through the trouble of selling it on such short notice with the show taking place in just a couple hours.

Watching ticketmaster is kind of hard especially if you're not near a computer often during the day to monitor it. And they pop up very randomly and unexpected and you have to act fast if you catch them there. But I've done it many times. If you can't monitor ticketmaster I would recommend you try online scalpers, but seriously, don't even bother trying to buy anything till the week of the show and be willing to wait to not place an order till the day before. Whatever price they are asking for then is much less whatever stupid price they were asking for 5 months earlier. And possibly around or even below face value.

I'm a bit spoiled and picky and don't really like to settle for anything less than great for her. I haven't bought anything for this tour yet and I'm a little nervous of likely not getting anything for MONTHS till late September, early October. That's so far from now. But I've done this so many times I think I'll score for multiple shows. I really don't think anything's going to pop up for a long while but I'll keep you updated and try to help!

Don't panic! "

Guys, don't panic and be patient. You have so much time. Your show is about 6 months away. You have a lot of time and opportunities to prepare and hunt.

And OMG don't even consider those VIP packages. They are a rip-off. They are so not VIP! On forums nearly every fan bitterly complained about them on past tours. In most cases the "VIP" seats they offer are just ok at best (at least 1/2 way back in the venue). And those other added features are quite lame and so not worth the extra $225. The pre-party is very cheap -- warm stale beer, wiener dogs and chips! The gift is likely a poster or lithograph which is mass produced and not so collectible when you discover 100s of them selling for $5-$10 on Ebay after the tour is over. All those crap features are worth probably $25! Save your $$$. You're better off using it that $575 on a scalper who can get you a much better excellent seat. You'd very likely find a very similar and even much better seat yourself on ticketmaster than what's offered in the VIP packages, and save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

If you really really want peace of mind for months try to get a decent seat when they go sale on ticketmaster, but for months afterwords keep checking back there frequently, you'll very likely find something better on ticketmaster. You can try to Ebay your original seat, but be aware you might need to sell it below face value because Ebay will be flooded with many people desperately trying to sell their seats by then. Oh, and yeah, if you want to try a scalper wait till then since their prices will be a lot lower than what they're delusionally asking for now.

I think it's outrageous and unprofessional how ticketmaster and Madonna Inc. expects people to plunk down A LOT of $$$ for seats on ticketmaster without having an accurate official staging layout there! :grr: I doubt I'm finding and buying for myself for a long while anyway (for NY shows), but I hope this staging layout is cleared up before this tour starts in August.

Guest mirwais72

Thanks Hector! I know it's great advice and I know you are right. I had already seen RIT in California so I didn't think I was going to see her anywhere else. Well, last minute, I got tickets for the last show in Miami and got 5th row. Waiting last minute didn't worry me because I had already seen her three times in CA (once from the pit thanks to my friend who won those passes). But this time around, I don't have tickets for any show so it makes you nervous.

Thanks again for your advice!

I got this from one of my reliable myspace friends...her name is LAURA!

Take it as you will, nothing has been confirmed, but the person who gave out this info has been 100% accurate thus far, he knew the tour name before it was announced as well as ALL of the dates, so I believe him :-D As well from here on out, I need a favour from everyone! If you are going to post a bulletin with any tour info like a set list, can you please put **spoiler** in the title so I don't read it :-D I'm going to the opening show and I want to be surprised :-D So that means I won't be posting too much info on the tour before hand, so madonnatribe. com is hands down THE best site for tour info, it really is so I would visit them regularly :-)

From Digital Distortion:

So I got another look at the picture. It appears that the end of the catwalk isnt going to be round, it will be squared, kind of like Confessions was. I think there is going to be some sort of round rotating platform on the end of the catwalk stage, which is what I saw in the picture and thought it was round on the end. Kind of like the large rotating circle she had on the main stage for Girlie Show. Again, just speculation based on the picture I saw, I dont know what else that large circle would be. It also seems to pretty much be the same width all the way down the catwalk even onto the end "stage" area. It doesnt flare out too much at the end of the catwalk.

I also have a little bit better understanding of the seats around the catwalk...I think..lol.....it looks like along the side of the catwalk there will be about 4 seats..then around the sides of the stage area about 2 seats and then full rows across the front. I tried to update my pic to make it a little more accurate to what I think its going to look like.

Stage.jpg

Guest mirwais72

Yeah, I read this too. Apparently, he has leaked lots of info that turned out to be true in reference to this tour. Who knows. If he is right, that would be better than no catwalk. PL1 and PL2 as mentioned in the ICON email might be those few seats just outside the catwalk. Who knows...it's all wishful thinking on our part.

We have less than 8 days before general sale. Let's see what kind of tickets we can get. Hector's advice was good advice. I think we will all know what to do come May 31st.

Guys, don't panic and be patient. You have so much time. Your show is about 6 months away. You have a lot of time and opportunities to prepare and hunt.

And OMG don't even consider those VIP packages. They are a rip-off. They are so not VIP! On forums nearly every fan bitterly complained about them on past tours. In most cases the "VIP" seats they offer are just ok at best (at least 1/2 way back in the venue). And those other added features are quite lame and so not worth the extra $225. The pre-party is very cheap -- warm stale beer, wiener dogs and chips! The gift is likely a poster or lithograph which is mass produced and not so collectible when you discover 100s of them selling for $5-$10 on Ebay after the tour is over. All those crap features are worth probably $25! Save your $$$. You're better off using it that $575 on a scalper who can get you a much better excellent seat. You'd very likely find a very similar and even much better seat yourself on ticketmaster than what's offered in the VIP packages, and save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

If you really really want peace of mind for months try to get a decent seat when they go sale on ticketmaster, but for months afterwords keep checking back there frequently, you'll very likely find something better on ticketmaster. You can try to Ebay your original seat, but be aware you might need to sell it below face value because Ebay will be flooded with many people desperately trying to sell their seats by then. Oh, and yeah, if you want to try a scalper wait till then since their prices will be a lot lower than what they're delusionally asking for now.

I think it's outrageous and unprofessional how ticketmaster and Madonna Inc. expects people to plunk down A LOT of $$$ for seats on ticketmaster without having an accurate official staging layout there! :grr: I doubt I'm finding and buying for myself for a long while anyway (for NY shows), but I hope this staging layout is cleared up before this tour starts in August.

During the last tour, do you know if the same thing happened for the Canadian shows (ie. Toronto)?

What happened? Extra good tickets being released? It didn't happen for Montreal on the CT and it was because those tickets were handled directly by an incomptent antiquated local ticketing company that's worse than regular ticketmaster. Toronto on the RIT I can't remember it well when exactly but I do remember people being able to get some tickets from ticketmaster well after the public sale. As for scalpers, if you feel you must go that route and are worried you won't see ticket drops on ticketmaster, wait to buy from scalpers till much, much later on and shop around carefully. Wait till the week of the show. Their prices will be a lot lower than the nonsense they're asking for now.

Guest mirwais72

I would like to think YES but so far, she has only added extra shows to her arena stops and not the stadiums. I could be wrong. I suppose we won't know until after presale and general sale is over. I hope it does as well as I think it will. People are coming to Houston from all over. Have you guys seen the new billboard? It's a tour advert with the date and all that good stuff. There is one on 45S, on San Felipe going towards Kirby, and one on 59/Kirby. I am hoping to get a pic of it to put it on here so you guys can see it. I was surprised they were all over...a good sign,I hope!

i did the citi card presale got pretty good seats ( better than i thought)

section f row 7 and section b row 5

Good for you!!! :thumbsup:

I have a friend that did the pre-sale through Icon and she got Section D, row 24. She messed up and let go of really close seats the first time around. It may work out to her advantage if there is a catwalk.

So is that a VIP ticket that you got? How much was it? If you don't mind saying...