Madonna in Stadiums - First In Music Analysis

agclef

Guest boytoyville

^ Exactly. Madonna's fanbase is crazy. We all love her and will see her in a stadium if need be! Madonna BELONGS in Stadiums. I'm sure they will do the same next time.

I think it's great that S&S did so well and proved the naysayers wrong. However, having watched it at a stadium, I have to say the acoustics are shitty even with floor seats.

I think it's great that S&S did so well and proved the naysayers wrong. However, having watched it at a stadium, I have to say the acoustics are shitty even with floor seats.

I agree:she can fill a stadium (as U2 can, by the way), but please,next time,go back to arenas!

Guest FrozenLight

I think now that she is with Live Nation, they will try to mostly book her in stadiums to recoup their investment. They know that she doesn't go on tour for much more than 4 months so the only way they can get massive grosses on a limited number of dates would be to play stadiums. I wouldn't be surprised if they booked her in stadium shows in NY, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Dallas, Houston in her next tour. I think they were tasting the market this time around and it worked.

Besides look at the past 4 tours:

Drowned WOrld ($76 million)

Re-invention ($125)

Confessions ($193)

Sticky ($280)

It's unlikely they would want a $200 million on her next tour...if anything they would probably want around $350 million (again by playing 60 dates or so). And the only way to do that is to play stadiums

Guest boytoyville

I think that Live Nation & Madonna's team are aware of some of the sounds problems this time around. I'm sure they will continue to book stadiums but increase the sounds performance next time out. I have to say though that I always though that the sound could have been a bit better at all of the shows I have seen. I saw Re-Invention,Confessions & Sticky & Sweet all twice each and I thought that sound could have been louder at all of those shows.

I think that Live Nation & Madonna's team are aware of some of the sounds problems this time around. I'm sure they will continue to book stadiums but increase the sounds performance next time out. I have to say though that I always though that the sound could have been a bit better at all of the shows I have seen. I saw Re-Invention,Confessions & Sticky & Sweet all twice each and I thought that sound could have been louder at all of those shows.

I think they already made some improvements for the Latin America shows with regards to the sound. Most reports I've read said the sound was awesome and judging from the youtube videos, it seems like it has improved a lot. I noticed they also added another video screen towards the back of the stadium behind the sound board which is slightly elevated from the floor.

Guest boytoyville

^ I noticed that as well. I'm sure they are going to learn from any mistakes this time and go into the next tour much improved in reference to the sound. I'm so excited about the next tour already! hehe

never under estimate the power of madonna.

she is limitless it seems.

i for one miss stadium shows and i wish i could see one again.

the arenas are intimate and controlled..but the stadiums are grand

and vast. im not saying i prefer them, but i dont mind them.

I think they already made some improvements for the Latin America shows with regards to the sound. Most reports I've read said the sound was awesome and judging from the youtube videos, it seems like it has improved a lot. I noticed they also added another video screen towards the back of the stadium behind the sound board which is slightly elevated from the floor.

that´s good,because in my concert in Paris the sound was simply ok,I was behind the speakers and I was a little bit dissappointed about it.And another screen? good for them, but a little bit late!

It's unlikely they would want a $200 million on her next tour...if anything they would probably want around $350 million (again by playing 60 dates or so). And the only way to do that is to play stadiums

and I´ll be very angry: camping in front of the France stade, but angry :americanlife:

Guest Rainbowz

Louder?

I saw S&S at MSG and dam I couldn't hear afterwards...that shit was loud as fuck.

Maybe I woulda thought differently if I wouldve seen her in a stadium though.

And seriously people have been predicting Madonna's downfall like people predict the end of the world. Hasn't happened yet. :tongue:

Edited by Rainbowz

Guest Topaz Scorpio

If you go to concerts to enjoy a vast crowd of people cheering and dancing and could care less about actually seeing the artist who is performing then a stadium show is for you.

Personally, when forking out $350+ for a concert ticket, I like to actually get a view of the singer other than on some video screen. I mean I can pay $19.99 and watch it at home on my DVD player for THAT experience. :manson:

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Louder?

I saw S&S at MSG and dam I couldn't hear afterwards...that shit was loud as fuck.

Of course it was. Only those trying to lamely attempt to validate a stadium concert experience being superior to an arena show would say otherwise.

Guest BytheBay
Of course it was. Only those trying to lamely attempt to validate a stadium concert experience being superior to an arena show would say otherwise.

yeah cause heaven forbid they have thier own opinion...no they are liars.

Guest heartmadonna.

in oakland after the show i couldnt hear my friend talking to me, and i think i was screaming at her, we both were like fuck but i love the feeling. she better come back to oakland again, or at least san jose. somewhere on the northern cali side.

Guest Danny86
If you go to concerts to enjoy a vast crowd of people cheering and dancing and could care less about actually seeing the artist who is performing then a stadium show is for you.

Personally, when forking out $350+ for a concert ticket, I like to actually get a view of the singer other than on some video screen. I mean I can pay $19.99 and watch it at home on my DVD player for THAT experience. :manson:

I think you're ignoring the fact that the people who are praising the stadium experience saw the tour in Europe where it's possible to get to the front with general admission / golden circle tickets with paying like $100. ;)

posted on yahoo.com's homepage today: -link-

Madonna In Stadiums

Posted Sun May 11 8:34am PDT by Bob Lefsetz in The Lefsetz Letter

It is important to study history, so one does not repeat the same mistakes. Don't Guy Oseary, Arthur Fogel and Madge herself remember U2's PopMart tour? The biggest, baddest band in the world, one beloved by Gen-X'ers everywhere (the true Gen-X, in its forties now, the one from Douglas Coupland's novel), books stadiums and...DOESN'T SELL OUT!

Maybe the record was rushed to completion. Or maybe the fan base was aging and didn't want to sit that far away.

Stadium shows are for youngsters, and YOUNGSTERS DON'T WANT TO SEE MADONNA! Especially not at these prices.

Why take this risk? Either she plays to empty seats or you've got to give tickets away. In this Internet era, do you think everyone's not going to KNOW?

They call it ARENA ROCK. Not Arena POP, or Arena DANCE! Blow it up even bigger, and IT'S GOT TO BE ROCK! It's got to be big and ballsy, anthemic. Madonna might have brass balls, but her music DOES NOT! Rock has historically been the guarantee in arenas. It's the ONLY guarantee in stadia. Why go against this? Why try to reinvent the wheel? Why take the risk?

To prove that Madonna is the biggest, baddest act on the planet.

Well, that's certainly questionable, but that's what she needs. For her ego.

Even the Eagles don't play stadiums. And they own the biggest selling album of ALL TIME! Their audience doesn't want to go. And sit that far away. Do you really think fortysomething women, driving minivans, still carpooling their kids, want to get all dressed up to sit in the upper deck and eat hot dogs? Watching a miniature Madonna down below?

No way. At least not until she admits she's a has-been.

Oh, the album may be running up the chart, but people don't want to hear Hard Candy live. Just like they didn't want to hear Page Plant's new material when those two toured. They eventually eviscerated almost all of it from their set and focused on Zeppelin tunes. The steady stream of people to the bathrooms and concessions made them feel less like superstars and more like...wannabes?

Madonna refuses to believe her time has passed, that she's a has-been. Everybody inside knows she won't go out with a greatest hits show. But that's what you need to sell stadiums, that's what you need to get oldsters to leave home and spend a fortune.

Maybe once. Maybe they'll come to the train-wreck once. But they'll stay home after that. And there's no talk of this being Madonna's RETIREMENT tour.

Who's advising her? Madonna's such an egomaniac, she won't hire a real manager, someone familiar with the game of choosing the right building, of scaling, of ticket counts. She thinks it's all about TV and radio, that they drive people into a frenzy where they HAVE to go to the show. Uh-uh. That was the eighties, the nineties, but not today's music world. Money is made on the road. And the show's got to be about the audience, not the performer. At least if you want people to come back at these inflated prices. You've got to DELIVER!

Maybe she'll change the set list to drive ticket sales.

But you know the show can't be good... SHE CAN BARELY SING!

She makes a deal with Live Nation and the stock she gets immediately tanks by half. She decides to play venues way too large for her. She needs the aforementioned Irving Azoff. But she won't listen to him. Because Madonna knows EVERYTHING!

No one knows everything. Not even me. But I've got a feeling, this tour is a mistake.

Ive got a feeling that this guy is a fucking moron. :lmao::lmao:

I forgot all about this negative shit article. This dumb bitch was WRONG about every point he was trying to make. I love it! Wish I could contact him directly and laugh in his bitch ass face. I love when people are so smug acting like they are Nostradamus only in the end to fall flat on their face. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Plays scene from Swept Away when Madonna take a drink of water...

"Not so smug now are you?"

I was just reading on Canada.com the disappointment of fans who went to see Madonna in Vancouver. Yes, Madonna can put on a great show blah blah but when your paying out so much money it isn't good enough when the sound is shit in the stadium. Madonna's people, the promoters whatever it's all their responsibility to make sure people are getting their money's worth.

Guest thehiltonsuite

What a fucking idiot! I love it! And The Eagles don't have the biggest album of all time. We all know what that is!

I just love how journalists and music "experts" always have this need to write M off, just to have her prove them wrong shortly after. :demonic: