Madonna in Stadiums - First In Music Analysis

agclef

She sold out stadiums in Europe... why couldn't she in the states??

US have a really odd relationship with Madonna... they don't buy her albums but as soon she's touring they spend all those m-dollas to see her live... which is very expensive... and her stops are always sold-out... like 10 shows a row in one city... so doing 2 stadium gigs would be kind of the same amount but in less shows so I can see her sell-out stadiums... I don't see the fuss...

Didn't this same guy write an article a couple of months ago about what a flop 4 minutes and Hard Candy would be?

He was wrong about that, so now he has to say the tour will fail.

He says that to sell tickets you have to deliver. Well, we all now Madonna always does that!

How much where the most expensive tickets? Everyone wants to see Madonna live, but most people won't pay a lot to see her. From your ticket, it looks like the WTG tour was pretty affordable. I dunno how well Dodges stadium will sell since the tickets are expensive. When she does lots of arena shows in row in LA, you see a lot of the same people at several shows. It will be interesting to see if she can sellout Dodgers stadium.

Exactly, that the point. many fans went more than once to the show, because she played more than once in one city. With this tour she makes big money very quick, but I believe it will have an effect on later tours, because you only go once to a expensive stadium show and can't see her because she is so far away. Her prices are not for stadiums. She will sell out this time, but not the next three tours if they are stadiums too.

I saw the CT in 2 stadiums, I was on the floor. Very close to the stage ( third row ) but it is not the same like an arena, because the stage is much much higher you can't see as good.

here you go - a scan of my ticket

$22.50

594ca52d.jpg

:lol:

Pud...i recently came across my stub for the same tour...i saw her in Washington DC at RFK Stadium...i had floor/field tix===row 22, seat 19 and mine were 20 dollars. and i remember standing in line and people pissing and moaning over 20 bucks...how dare she...who does she think she is...charging TWENTY DOLLARS! How times have changed!

Like i said, my row was 22 and it seemed like i was in another city it seemed so far away. I am gonna go to MSG to see her like she should be seen. That Houston show is a stadium too right? Late November? Thats gonna be a cold bitch of a night. :scared:

:lol: Even when you have the #1 album in close to 30 countries and the #1 song on the planet, she is still a "has been". :lmao::lmao:

But I do agree about the stadium thing though. I would NOT want to see her in one at all. Seeing a dot dance around on stage is not something that would interest me so if she said she was doing a stadium only tour I would be really pissed and would consider not going. Thank god that is not the case though.

Guest valhum

Damn those pics of Dodger's are cool yet scary. I wanna go there because it might be cool with all the huge amount of fans, etc but by god!! i need to get good seats :lol:

Skin69, i always like your posts! :thumbsup:

are you going to MSG shows or New Jersey?

MSG all the way.

I should also add that one reason why all shows might not sellout in the US is because our economy is in the crapper. People might be less willing to pay money to see her when they cant keep a roof over their head. Really, its getting bad. lol

That Houston show is a stadium too right? Late November? Thats gonna be a cold bitch of a night. :scared:

Minute Maid Park has one of those roofs that opens and closes...so it would be considered an "indoor" event. Besides Houston really doesn't have much of a "cold" weather...it's just HOT or Cool!

actually,,,this time around,,,,only 2 of us are going again,on confessions there was like 15 of us wanting to go,no one wants to go see her just for the fact they are afraid her show is gonna be boring again and not enough mixture of old and new,,,im actaully thinking thats whats gonna happen,,,i will go of course,,been going to everytour since 1987,,still holding out hope she wont be predictable as the last 3 tours,,,thou by the looks of her recent "promo" tour,,im gonna be wrong and its gonna be the same ol show ;( always hope she will once again surprise and SHOCK in a good way

Edited by cmaslow309

what on earth was predictable about the last 3 tours? Drowned World was nothing like she had ever done before and Re-invention was as different as you could get from Drowned World which came before it. Confessions wasnt really like RIT either as it relied heavily on the new cd?

MSG all the way.

I should also add that one reason why all shows might not sellout in the US is because our economy is in the crapper. People might be less willing to pay money to see her when they cant keep a roof over their head. Really, its getting bad. lol

I'm going to MSG as well. Keep me posted on what day you go. Would be fun to meet you.

A friend of mine that lives in Mexico (just over the border from texas) is going to the houston show and invited me, i would have considered that had it not been a stadium. I didnt know it was one of the ones that had a roof, but that said, even if you're first row, its miles away (no pun intended) I used to think stadium shows were some sort of status thing, like you REALLY made it once you could do stadium dates. But now (from my own personal opinion) i think it looks more impressive when you have 6 or 7 Madison Square Garden dates vs. 1 stadium show. I mean when i was in New York for the Confessions tour, it was so cool to see her dates listed..all those dates in June, the early July dates and then the mid July dates. She had so many!

Guest iMisto

How was Confessions predictable?

The bitch landed in a specially-constructed disco ball worth millions. wtf?

How was Confessions predictable?

The bitch landed in a specially-constructed disco ball worth millions. wtf?

I know! and who would ever predict we'd hear songs like Vogue or Material Girl ever again? I think that was a bizarre post.

Didn't this same guy write an article a couple of months ago about what a flop 4 minutes and Hard Candy would be?

He was wrong about that, so now he has to say the tour will fail.

He says that to sell tickets you have to deliver. Well, we all now Madonna always does that!

Yes same guy and he's written other ignorant bashing articles on her over the years. He hates her. He is obsessed trying to create negative buzz about her and will pull lies out of his ass to do so.

Guest northernlad

this article is beyond retarded (not that sales can't be a bit sluggish, but it w/ do just as well as u2/rolling stones)

Honeslty dont see her selling out stadiums. She couldnt do 7 nights at MSG for RIT>

erm, she did 8 shows in the new york area w/ that tour & they all sold out.

This guy is an idiot, he has no idea what he's talking about.

Its just insanity pure and simple. A negative article on Madonna just for the sake of bashing her. Facts need not apply.

Guest boytoyville

I am really thrilled to see Madonna doing stadiums! It's so impressive! I'm especially thrilled about the US stadium dates as it might expose some new people to the album! SO EXCITED!

Bob Leftetz is an idiot, and avowed Madonna hater. Absolutely everything he writes about her is negative and full of shit. There really is very little differene between him and Roger Freidman, who is at least unintentionally entertaining.

Despite the deafening whine on this board, the tour will be huge, and probably top the confessions gross.

The majority of these stadium dates seem to be in europe or canada, where people actually like that sort of thing, so i'm sure she won't be singing to 50 thousand empty seats. From what I can see, the only stadiums she's doing in the U.S are L.A, miami, and houston. and i'm sure they will sell out as well.

I personally have no desire to see a blonde dot on a stage, so i'll be seeing her at my usual spot, MSG here in New York. :headbang:

• 7 months later...