Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

Guest iMisto
HC *will* have "legs", big muscular toned Madonna legs lol thatll go for many miles if GI2Me gets any love from US radio! The song in itself is a smash hit just binding its time. No one here should even go there in comparing the American Life album/ Hollywood as a 2nd single vs. GI2Me. The single reason HC will plummet will be if radio simply refuses to play it cause its M for their usual bshit reasons. Yes, the song is a fast disco-tinged stomper, edgy, not your cliche mid tempo generic slow jam, yet it has an infectious killer chorus and strong pop vibe. Look at Rihanas DSTM and David Guetta Love is Gone, which I hear all the time and is WAY more clubby/ non mainstream sounding than GI2Me! "This" is her modern day classic smash hit. If it catches on somehow, starting w/ a few influential DJs than spreading like a forest fire, this album will eassssily surpass 1 million and I think end up w/ around 1-1.5 million (hopefully more).

That's why we need a Madonna-Army. We need to request request request. Seriously. I'm ready to start organizing for the next Madonna single, if you guys are.... ;)

Please, will somebody agree with me to head a team of M-Dolla warriors?????

Rarely have legs? Ray of Light spent 78 weeks on the BB 200; Music spent 55 weeks (I believe). The studio/new-material albums that had the less least amount of legs:

American Life: 14 weeks

I'm Breathless: 25 weeks

Confessions on a Dancefloor: 37 weeks

Bedtime Stories: 48 weeks

Erotica: 53 weeks

COADF did only spent, what was it, 10 weeks in the top 40? If we're looking at time in the top 40, that and AL are the 2 that spent the least amount of time in, followed by IB with 16 weeks. But, every other album spent at least 25 weeks in the top 40, whic his decent.

Erotica spent 15 weeks in the top 40.

Guest marsha
That's why we need a Madonna-Army. We need to request request request. Seriously. I'm ready to start organizing for the next Madonna single, if you guys are.... ;)

Please, will somebody agree with me to head a team of M-Dolla warriors?????

Let's KICK KIIS-ASS (2nd biggest pop station. #1 impostor)

They play the song 2/3 times a day. we don't want charity.

Request:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationp...p?c_let=KIIS-FM

Can someone post the links to request the biggest markets?

Hmmm, will this album sell more than AL in USA? I said it time and time again.

SPRING = BAD SALES.

I think this album will out-sell American Life in the USA. However, the more frightening reality is that it may not outsell Damita Jo. :nocomment:

I think I'd be happy if it managed to Soundscan 1.3 million copies during its run. However, with Warner dragging their fucking ass and Madonna refusing to do any major TV promotion, it may not even get that far. Such a tragedy.

I would hope it would break the 300k barrier in its debut week (in USA sales), but that looks to be a fantasy at this point.

Guest iMisto
Let's KICK KIIS-ASS (2nd biggest pop station. #1 impostor)

They play the song 2/3 times a day. we don't want charity.

Request:

Can someone post the links to request the biggest markets?

I requested! Thx Marsha. We need to start up a thread with links to ALL major stations. Do they know if you request multiple times?????? Must find out, cause I request CONSTANTLY, putting in diff. info. and sometimes no info.

Let's get this shit going people!!!!

Ok... I need to add to the HC-legs discussion...

it really depends on the promo given and obviously radio support...

if the promo will go on like this... don't expect anything...

and since radio isn't really supporting (the support doesn't equals the demands at all for 4M)... then the demands needs to be at least AS high as for 4M for radio to support a song like GI2M that has no really US appeal... and also no T & JT on it...

If she and her team is clever enough to get their act together and do some good promo for the 2nd (or upcoming singles) then that might help album legs...

the only singles that I see could have radio support though is Devil Wouldn't Recognize You & Beat Goes On...

Miles Away might get Hot AC support.. but not much more... and really to be a hit it'll need some POP/Top40 support too... so I would skip that as a single in the US... at least not one of the first singles where it's crucial that she keeps up monumentum for the album..

I can see DWRY & BGO get some support on Pop, hotAC & Rhythmic... maybe not as much as with 4M but still... so at least the 3 major directions might spin those songs...

Guest marsha
I requested! Thx Marsha. We need to start up a thread with links to ALL major stations. Do they know if you request multiple times?????? Must find out, cause I request CONSTANTLY, putting in diff. info. and sometimes no info.

Let's get this shit going people!!!!

good imisto. easy to know with your IP. but I'm not sure they care. the more you request, the best is their audience. good for e-adverstisement. KIIS is a major station. 2nd biggest Pop. The top 3 have 5M+ AI each. The song is one of the most requested, #2 on Jojo's countdown. so people like the song but they don't want to play it. 2 or 3 times a days. it's dropping fast. the song should los 1M+ AI because of KIIS next week. weird, unfair. 4M is on heavy rotation or will move on heavy rotation of main pop stations. KIIS almost ignore the song and plays You-Know-Who every hour! they digust me. hope KIIS will be thrown out pop panel. The only reason they play 4M is probably requests and JJ countdown.

Guest marsha
Ok... I need to add to the HC-legs discussion...

it really depends on the promo given and obviously radio support...

if the promo will go on like this... don't expect anything...

and since radio isn't really supporting (the support doesn't equals the demands at all for 4M)... then the demands needs to be at least AS high as for 4M for radio to support a song like GI2M that has no really US appeal... and also no T & JT on it...

If she and her team is clever enough to get their act together and do some good promo for the 2nd (or upcoming singles) then that might help album legs...

well said. agree 100%

Guest iMisto
good imisto. easy to know with your IP. but I'm not sure they care. the more you request, the best is their audience. good for e-adverstisement. KIIS is a major station. 2nd biggest Pop. The top 3 have 5M+ AI each. The song is one of the most requested, #2 on Jojo's countdown. so people like the song but they don't want to play it. 2 or 3 times a days. it's dropping fast. the song should los 1M+ AI because of KIIS next week. weird, unfair. 4M is on heavy rotation or will move on heavy rotation of main pop stations. KIIS almost ignore the song and plays You-Know-Who every hour! they digust me. hope KIIS will be thrown out pop panel. The only reason they play 4M is probably requests and JJ countdown.

Well, I just requested it 10X. Hopefully, they'll play it 2night or tomorrow morning. Ugh.