Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

I actually wonder why BDS estimated it to be just 225k-250k... it sold much of the 100k from pre-orders they say, and they expect only 125k-150k additional physical sales and digital ones?

Since when BDS monitors record sales? :confused:

Guest Bad Robot
music sold 423k to be exact...

obviously different people have different expectations...

i think 300k is not a bad figure given that april is not a hot month...even confessions was released in 05 in apr, it might do less too

Actually Music sold 419,601 copies in its first week. :)

HITS:

WEAKEND CHARTS: MADONNA WILL ROLL IN BATTLE OF DIVAS

Will Top Both Mariah Carey and Leona Lewis, But 25k’ll Get You Into Top 10

May 2, 2008

Hard Candy is sweet indeed.

Madonna’s final studio album for Warner Bros. before embarking on her deal with promoter Live Nation will debut at #1 on next week’s HITS Album Sales chart with a total of between 270-290k.

She’s easily the topper in a three-way battle of the dueling divas which also includes Mariah Carey’s previously #1 Island/IDJ album E=MC2 at 85-90k and J/Syco Music newcomer Leona Lewis’ Spirit at 80k.

Hard Candy is actually one of six newcomers in the Top 10, which would ordinarily be good news. Unfortunately, it takes a little under 30k in sales to get there.

Columbia R&B star Lyfe Jennings will bow in the Top 5 with between 70-75k for his third album Lyfe Change, as will The Roots’ Def Jam album, Rising Down, with a first-week number that appears to be between 65-70k.

Def Leppard’s Universal album Songs from the Sparkle Lounge is up next with 50-55k, boosted perhaps by their appearance on Dancing with the Stars this week.

Island trip-hop pioneers Portishead are back with Third, their first studio album in 10 years, showing surprising strength at 45-50k, good for a Top 10 debut.

SBMG/Commercial Music Group’s Now 27 keeps going along at 28-30k, followed by Big Machine/Universal Republic country star Taylor Swift (26-30k).

Reprise’s Tom Petty reunion of his early Florida band Mudcrutch rides some critical kudos and a series of intimate performances at the Troubadour to a bow inside the Top 10 at 26-28k, where it will duke it out with Rhino’s Juno soundtrack.

Guest harbors
HITS:

WEAKEND CHARTS: MADONNA WILL ROLL IN BATTLE OF DIVAS

Madonna's final studio album for Warner Bros. before embarking on her deal with promoter Live Nation will debut at #1 on next week's HITS Album Sales chart with a total of between 270-290k.

:janetflop:

Only 270k????

200k less than Mariah.

Fucking americans.

:lmao:

Guest iMisto

Well, just between my bf and myself, we have purchased 5 copies. 1 pre-order on iTunes. 2 physical copies, and 2 Limited Edition copies(those count?).

This does NOT include the co-workers I got to buy the album.... something like 4-6 of them. I got TONS of customers and friends to buy it too. I'll see what happens.

But, if the sales figures comes out to like... 300,525.... than I'm claiming the last 25 as part of MY p r o m o!!! :tongue:

what a horrible market. i could probably release an album tomorrow, send my mom out to buy it, and make the Top 200.

Guest iMisto
what a horrible market. i could probably release an album tomorrow, send my mom out to buy it, and make the Top 200.

:rotfl:

Only 270k????

200k less than Mariah.

Fucking americans.

true... they have become the country of bad taste...

and people complain about Eurotrash!?!?

gosh i'd rather dance all night to "no no... no no no no... no no no no... no no there's no limit" than touching a Cow's body :chuckle:

This is not the first time Madonna is outsold in US by another female artist. Not only Mariah but Whitney, Paula, Janet, Celine and Britney all had better moments than Madonna in history of US charts. As far as I remember Whitney's second album was selling more than "True Blue" in US. Paula and Janet were more succesful in US during "Like A Prayer" era too. Didn't Celine stop "Ray of Light" from being #1? Didn't Britney sell 1 million of album in just two weeks? So get over it.. I've written here countless times, Madonna hasn't been everybody's darling in US since she started to hit the nerves of conservative Americans with "Like A Prayer". So this is not new.. Looking at how great the songs are and how well is "4 Minutes" doing in US, I don't think this album will flop in US at all..

Guest iMisto

Wonder what will happen to the NEXT album... :D

Will Madge have more freedom with LN? Will she reach for the stars(or higher) since it will be her FIRST with LN?

I should just enjoy HC, while it's here. ahahha! :dramatic:

Portishead got a Top 10 album. Amazing.

290k for Madge is very respectable these days.

Wonder what will happen to the NEXT album... :D

Will Madge have more freedom with LN? Will she reach for the stars(or higher) since it will be her FIRST with LN?

I should just enjoy HC, while it's here. ahahha! :dramatic:

I think the era with the first LN album will be VERY interesting...

actually I think there'll be a new ROL in the making...........

but right now i'm just enjoying this era and I love HC...!!!

I think the era with the first LN album will be VERY interesting...

actually I think there'll be a new ROL in the making...........

but right now i'm just enjoying this era and I love HC...!!!

I'm very curious to see how Live Nation will handle the album! It will be very interesting! I'm very confident

Mariah sold just under 500k of the follow up to an album that sold 5m+ (so we're looking at 10%, roughly - I don't know the figures offhand). Madonna is heading towards selling just under 300k of the follow up to an album that sold 1.7m (so we're looking at around 17%).

Who is performing better?

Mariah sold just under 500k of the follow up to an album that sold 5m+ (so we're looking at 10%, roughly - I don't know the figures offhand). Madonna is heading towards selling just under 300k of the follow up to an album that sold 1.7m (so we're looking at around 17%).

Didnt Mariah sell over 6 million? Anyway according to JD, Mariah's new one is going to sell 10 million in America. :lmao:

Guest harbors

what a stupid thought!

what a stupid thought!

Um....why? People are claiming that HC is "flopping" because it's not going to sell 400k or something like that, and it's being compared to E=MC2. Well over 5 million Americans own TEOM, but only around 10% felt motivated to go out and buy her next album straight away (of course, she well have sold a certain proportion of copies to people who never bought TEOM). Madonna has motivated roughly 17% of those who bought COADF to go out and buy her follow up (again, the "new buyers" figure has to be considered here). It's a valid point and worth making in the face of claims that she's flopping or under performing. Obviously Mariah will outsell Madonna (she has done for the past 18 years in the US), but comparatively speaking, Madonna is doing slightly better.

Guest missy bi_tch
What records are released next week? Will M be able to get 2 weeks at the TOP of the charts?

i expect second week sales to be 100k-130k

it's not a janet jackson-sized flop...that kindof flop sells below 200k following 2straight flop albums

Guest missy bi_tch
I'm very curious to see how Live Nation will handle the album! It will be very interesting! I'm very confident

well, since live nation is not a label, wouldn't madonna's albums be licensed to different record companies around the world... that might lead to different p romotional strategies? (why is the word p romo blocked)

for some markets, live nation might even allow Warner to distribute the albums under license

well, since live nation is not a label, wouldn't madonna's albums be licensed to different record companies around the world... that might lead to different p romotional strategies? (why is the word p romo blocked)

for some markets, live nation might even allow Warner to distribute the albums under license

Yes.. and the good thing is that LiveNation will be able to see which label is the best for each country so I guess we will able to have the best P R O mo able.. I hope..

Um....why? People are claiming that HC is "flopping" because it's not going to sell 400k or something like that, and it's being compared to E=MC2. Well over 5 million Americans own TEOM, but only around 10% felt motivated to go out and buy her next album straight away (of course, she well have sold a certain proportion of copies to people who never bought TEOM). Madonna has motivated roughly 17% of those who bought COADF to go out and buy her follow up (again, the "new buyers" figure has to be considered here). It's a valid point and worth making in the face of claims that she's flopping or under performing. Obviously Mariah will outsell Madonna (she has done for the past 18 years in the US), but comparatively speaking, Madonna is doing slightly better.

Your % logic is just so retarded.

Your % logic is just so retarded.

Why? Please avoid dismissing something without backing up your claim.

It's plain to see that a greater proportion of those who bought COADF have now gone out and bought HC, than those who bought TEOM and E=MC2.

"Retarded" and "stupid" - thanks, guys! Talk about an open mind :thumbsup:

290k for Madge is very respectable these days.

We're even arguing the same point and you still feel the need to criticise ;)

Is just that the % thing is not the way the charts work.

I love you too ;)