Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

The U.S isn't the be all and end all, when it comes to music. Overall, Madonna does so much better than Mariah or any other female artist on a worldwide scale. Take out the U.S, and E=MC2 would be considered a monumental flop.

you're saying madonna should schedule her albums around the christmas holiday? that's just plain silly.

what is silly about releasing on the Holiday season?

No one knows if the Internet broadcast will increase sales or not. Who knows how many people watched it?

not too many i think... esp in the US where there are lots of Mac users... for sure the downloads and youtubes will make up for it... but as for the ones seeing it live last night, I assure you if they don't have IE as their browser, they weren't able to watch any...

Guest robingr
It would suck if it ends up struggling to sell more than AL in the US.

Looks like 4M is a hit because of Justin's fans which keep away from buying a Madonna cd. If HC sells 275k then she might have lost 100k from the Madonna fans who are not keen on this music/direction. Madonna's image as disco/pop queen is set in stone.

I'm curious as to who is more accurate: HITS (whatever that is), which claims 275,000-300,000, or Keith Caulfield in "Billboard," who says 225,000-275,000.

Guest marsha
I just have to believe that itunes sales of the album will push it into the 300,000 range. PLEASE!

300 + Hits and BB are softies

Guest jamesshot

Holy shit. 225k? I am starting to have that sinking feeling regarding this. That is low. Her not promoting it has hurt. The only thing saving this is 4M doing so well. I hate to imagine what it would open at if that song weren't a bona fide smash.

When BB reports, am I correct in thinking that all downloads do not count? Meaning, if HC does 100,000 in downloads and 250k in actual hard sales, BB will only report the 250k?

Holy shit. 225k? I am starting to have that sinking feeling regarding this. That is low. Her not promoting it has hurt. The only thing saving this is 4M doing so well. I hate to imagine what it would open at if that song weren't a bona fide smash.

When BB reports, am I correct in thinking that all downloads do not count? Meaning, if HC does 100,000 in downloads and 250k in actual hard sales, BB will only report the 250k?

"Late last year, Chris Brown's "Exclusive" posted a first day number of

107,000 and finished the week with 294,000. However, sources close to the Madonna project indicate that with much of "Hard Candy's" first-day figure driven by iTunes sales, its full sales week could end up closer to the range of 225,000-250,000."...

What do you understand with that? :confused:

Guest jamesshot
"Late last year, Chris Brown's "Exclusive" posted a first day number of

107,000 and finished the week with 294,000. However, sources close to the Madonna project indicate that with much of "Hard Candy's" first-day figure driven by iTunes sales, its full sales week could end up closer to the range of 225,000-250,000."...

What do you understand with that? :confused:

What I could tell is that in fact her Itunes sales sapped her first week sales because they only count hard physical sales. That fucking sucks if true.

Guest iMisto

No, I think BB would include iTunes sales as album sales.

Otherwise, I doubt Whoriah would have had 460k+.

They HAVE to include those figures.

Guest northernlad

Huh? Soundscan includes digital sales & physical combined in their totals, it's the RIAA that separates them.

The above article implies that much of the 100,000 total HC posted its first day were based on iTunes preorders rather than actual over the counter sales that Monday, which would suggest physical sales may be on the low side this week.

What I could tell is that in fact her Itunes sales sapped her first week sales because they only count hard physical sales. That fucking sucks if true.

HITS predicts sales bewtewn 275-300k. It seems more accurate.

Guest iMisto

300k... I'll cry.

Hopefully, all the hardcore fans will want both the Deluxe version off iTunes and a hard copy. :dramatic:

At this point I'm just hoping for 250K, which in my opinion will still be a partial flop, but I believe that no matter how bad this week is we have to enjoy it cause the 2nd week will be even worse...LOL LOL :dramatic::dramatic: . Oh the drama, I can just see the lambs having a field day with us....LOL LOL, this is too funny. I can't believe this, she had a hit in her hands, 4M, and she just blew it. Somebody needs to tell her that she needs to get ASS of the throne and get real. If she wants her album to sell she needs to promote it, just because she's Madonna doesn't mean that people are going to rush to buy her stuff unlike us fans. And for those of you who say that this is her last album with WB and therefore she doesn't care than that's just really unprofessional of her, isn't it? She has a contract and promotion is part of the equation when it comes to releasing an album. Oh Madonna, you let so many fans down yet again......unfortunately we should be getting used to this by now but some of us just can't. And this time WB has nothing to do with bad promotion, this time I can honestly put the blame on just one person and we all know who she is.

Guest mattrett

The first-week sales look to be far below what I expected, but so were Mariah's (yes, a big week for her, but coming off a GAZILLION-SELLING album, with a #1 hit single, Oprah and Idol, mid-400,000s is nothing crazy-great), Chris Brown's, Rihanna's.

The media is too dumb and too old-school to "get" that first-week sales are not where it's at in this day and age; Madonna's fans shouldn't be.

The record is going to sell a good number over time. It has several singles, all of which WILL outperform the last CD's singles as "4 Minutes" has kicked "Hung Up"'s ass (in the USA), and she has many, many promo opportunities that were not lumped together in the first week.

It's gonna be fine, breathe.

And don't relate everything to Mariah. Mariah is younger and has 15 years of radio support on her side—she is of course going to move more albums in the first week. Was that ever up for grabs? It was a war faked by Perez for, let's see...hits on his site.

If the album ends up selling as much as Confessions (and i'm sure it will), then it's a success as far as i'm concerned.

The obsession so many here have for her sales is more than a bit scary, and the constant comparisons with Mariah need to cease immediately.

Hate her all you want, but Mariah is a way bigger music star in America than Madonna. Deal with it and move on!

Madonna could perform card tricks on Letterman, sing on Oprah, or lock lips with Ellen, and she still wouldn't touch Mariah's sales.

Madonna will debut next week with her 7th #1 U.S album, and all some of you psychos can do is cry over some fucking numbers. That's not being a fan, it's being fucking crazy. I'm sure Madonna will garner way more positive press next week for her #1, while her "fans" will be throwing themselves under a shortbus in utter dispair.

Ugh

Sorry Madonna is a bigger music star than Mariah even in the US, granted she sells more albums and get bigger airplay than Madonna today but that doesn't equate her to being a bigger star sorry. It's like her number 1 record she;s 1/100th of the star the Elvis or the Beatles were and a 10th(that's being generous) of what Madonna is. FACT. NEXT.

Sorry Madonna is a bigger music star than Mariah even in the US, granted she sells more albums and get bigger airplay than Madonna today but that doesn't equate her to being a bigger star sorry.

I said she's a bigger music star, and she is.

Madonna can't touch her album sales or radio play, and those are the facts.

E=MC2 will be one of the biggest U.S albums this year. Deal with it.

Is Madonna a bigger star and icon on the world stage? Most definetely yes.

Comparing the two of them on the U.S charts is foolish, and always a losing battle for Madonna.

People need to stop

At this point I'm just hoping for 250K, which in my opinion will still be a partial flop, but I believe that no matter how bad this week is we have to enjoy it cause the 2nd week will be even worse...LOL LOL :dramatic::dramatic: . Oh the drama, I can just see the lambs having a field day with us....LOL LOL, this is too funny. I can't believe this, she had a hit in her hands, 4M, and she just blew it. Somebody needs to tell her that she needs to get ASS of the throne and get real. If she wants her album to sell she needs to promote it, just because she's Madonna doesn't mean that people are going to rush to buy her stuff unlike us fans. And for those of you who say that this is her last album with WB and therefore she doesn't care than that's just really unprofessional of her, isn't it? She has a contract and promotion is part of the equation when it comes to releasing an album. Oh Madonna, you let so many fans down yet again......unfortunately we should be getting used to this by now but some of us just can't. And this time WB has nothing to do with bad promotion, this time I can honestly put the blame on just one person and we all know who she is.

i dont usually say much BUT i have to agree 110percent!!! she has to many people in "her camp" kissing her A$$ and not telling her SHE'S not ALWAYS RIGHT! as she will learn Wed,hate to say it,,Mariah wins this round of the so called "diva battle" kudo's to her,,,sadly ;(

Edited by cmaslow309

I have no problem with Mariah selling more in the US and never have this is the first time i'm even comparing them on this forum but take a look at tour ticket prices and the ammount of people who want to see Madonna and then compare them to Mariah laughable at best.

Mariah makes R&B that is huge right now in America and is YOUNGER than Madonna by over 10 f*cking years.

Say "she sells more than Madonna deal with it people" don't say "she is a bigger music star in the US" that's just wrong or bad phrasing.

LMFAO at people saying Madonna has "let down so many fans." :lmao:

How exactly has she let US down?? By putting out a wonderful collection of songs and debuting at the top of the album chart?!

If the number of copies Madonna sells is letting you down, then seriously, take a breather. Are her album sales putting food on your table? This makes you sound insane.

This thread is about ALBUM SALES, not TOURING where Madonna kicks her and everyone elses ass.

I NEVER compare the two of them. All i'm doing is pointing out the absurdity of this fan created diva battle, that's taken over this forum.

It's like some people are getting off on the drama of comparing their record sales, and then having a fit when Madonna doesn't live up to their unrealistic goals.

Madonna is not stupid or lazy. If she wanted to pimp her album out on every show, or hire homeless men to carry a banner with her pic on it through Times SQ, she could have. Unlike Mariah, she has a husband, and 3 kids that are more important than dragging her ass all over the planet to make "fans" feel better about worshipping her. Until today Mariah had nothing else going for her beyond her obsessive promotion.

I prefer Madonna's approach. Hard Candy is great, and people will come around to it. The panic mode mentality around here is just insane. The record has been out barely 72 hrs, and some of you are already seeing an AL sized flop.

Chill

You can phrase it whatever way makes you feel better, but bigger album sales means bigger musical star imo.

In the U.S of course.

that's fine but not taking into account that she is 50 and comparing her to a 30 something is absurd.

Madonna in her day was bigger and better. I'm out.

fine this thread is about charts/sales i'll succumb :)

but a big lol at her being a bigger music star due to airplay and sales at this moment ;)

I agree, but this time she was so, but so close to get a new #1, but a little bad timing and zero promo evaporated that possibility.

that's fine but not taking into account that she is 50 and comparing her to a 30 something is absurd.

Madonna in her day was bigger and better. I'm out.

fine this thread is about charts/sales i'll succumb :)

but a big lol at her being a bigger music star due to airplay and sales at this moment ;)

I think we both can agree on that. :thumbsup:

Thank God Britney didn't release a record this week, or this place would really be unbearable. :dramatic:

Perhaps the days of Madonna CDs going double or triple platinum in the U.S are over?

I blame U.S radio for that! The only reason they're playing 4 MINUTES is because it's a Timbaland/Timberlake track.

U.S radio programmers aren't interested in Madonna, they closed their minds to her some time ago.

Now it's just generic R&B/Rap crap and Nickleback. :thumbsdown: