Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

i estimated 250K. its better to be surprised than disappointed, huh?

well, we can overestimate and still not feel disappointed...

it's just the same as underestimating just for the sake of not being disappointed...

the real moral of the story is for WBR and MADONNA:

FROM NOW ON, RELEASE NEW ALBUMS ONLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON...

and dare i say it?

MADONNA deserves this sales debut...

well, i was predicting 600,000... so this is a real disappointment. :bruised:

WHY did you predict 600k anyway?

WHY OH WHY?

yeah. i don't get it either. i would've expected a bigger opening than COADF. did she promote COADF more?

for the US, she appeared in David Letterman, a commercial and some radio promo...

an exposure at CSI: Miami... and of course the EMAs made news worldwide, the first time the infamous leotard was seen LIVE...

for the US, she appeared in David Letterman, a commercial and some radio promo...

an exposure at CSI: Miami... and of course the EMAs made news worldwide, the first time the infamous leotard was seen LIVE...

And she did TRL right before it hit right? And one of those Dateline type shows. And a few morning shows. And did she do Regis?

And she did TRL right before it hit right? And one of those Dateline type shows. And a few morning shows. And did she do Regis?

Yeah, i forgot about TRL... all i can vividly remember is that after appearing on Letterman, she immediately went to Europe for the EVMA early November... she was at Letterman around Oct 20-21 i think, when the HU single was released Oct 17... I can't remember if she went back to US after EVMAs...

if we are to compare the amount of promo she did for COADF and HC, we can say that HC had a lot more... yes HC had more compared to COADF but the problem is her HC promos are for niche audience (magazine covers, dozen radio interviews, today show don't count) unlike COADF promos which may be few but reaches a wider audience... (Letterman, TRL, CSI:Miami, EVMAs and TV ad announcing the album's arrival)... those are few but very well-targetted promos...

To be honest, I think the amount of promo isn't all that different. I really don't think her appearances on Letterman really drive album sales. Maybe, just maybe, it really is the overall poor sales climate. I was hoping with a huge lead single she was going to be able to overcome it. I guess not. It's not the end of the world and at least it's yet another #1 album. I'm hoping like everyone else this album will have better legs and not suffer the all too common 60-70% sales dive during the second week.

I'm hoping like everyone else this album will have better legs and not suffer the all too common 60-70% sales dive during the second week.

but let's brace ourselves for it... she's not going to do any US promo next week...

True. At this point expect the worst. :dramatic:

just want to mention this... MARIAH has an extensive 2nd week promo...

GMA performances and that Empire State Building thingy and still fell 61%... so a lot worse may happen when you do no promo for the 2nd week

we'll lean of the good "word of mouth" promo when the buyers hear how good this album really is... because it is really good...

Mariah was also on Gayle King's XM radio show today. This woman leaves no stone unturned.

and so she deserves reaping her big album sales in the US as rightful rewards for the hard work she's doing...

something doesn't seem right...she has the #1 album on I-Tunes and AMAZON......plus all those sales (the physicalone's) and they are only predicting maybe 300?

anybody want to chime in here?

Seems odd to me too but remember internet album sales are low regardless. That's why some weird ass albums are sometimes Top 10 at iTunes but barely anywhere on the BB album chart.

and so she deserves reaping her big album sales in the US as rightful rewards for the hard work she's doing...

4 Minutes is promoting this album right now, which isn't a bad idea but a little more interest in the project from M would sell some more.

Guest missy bi_tch

forget it...swan song or not, madonna isn't gonna care...

she put out her last studio LP for warner bros. she couldn't wait to leave...

just want to mention this... MARIAH has an extensive 2nd week promo...

GMA performances and that Empire State Building thingy and still fell 61%... so a lot worse may happen when you do no promo for the 2nd week

we'll lean of the good "word of mouth" promo when the buyers hear how good this album really is... because it is really good...

Mariah freaking made a fool out of herself on GMA...

after that mess of performance and attititude sales should have been dropping 100%!

nope

only some deluded people on here think so...

if it would have been shown on TV... then maybe... now it's just a fan-affair...

Now my only hope is the second week sale not decrese more than 50% :dazed:

well, we can overestimate and still not feel disappointed...

it's just the same as underestimating just for the sake of not being disappointed...

the real moral of the story is for WBR and MADONNA:

FROM NOW ON, RELEASE NEW ALBUMS ONLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON...

and dare i say it?

MADONNA deserves this sales debut...

you're saying madonna should schedule her albums around the christmas holiday? that's just plain silly.