Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

Guest missy bi_tch
I don't think Madonna's fanbase is smaller than Mariah's... not even in the US. :noway:

i think it is when it comes to record buying (causal fans will not buy)... concert-wise, maybe (people who loves her 80s stuff would still go) ... US that is

Digital sales alone could get near 100K, I'd think. COADF had first-week digital sales of 32K, and that was in the digital-albums "infancy."

I don't know if I'm comfortable making a prediction- I'd like to think as much as COADF- but if it ends up a little smaller, still pretty good.

So many of the positive comments I've seen written about the 4M video on whatever websites are streaming it are obviously from kids... it's so odd to see... I wonder if today's parents would be OK buying their kids a Madonna CD with that cover?

it will sell well!

she really topped herself with this disc

Close to 400k in the US.This album is fueled by a successful hit single that's been in the Top 10 for five weeks.This will ensure that the CD sells extremely well in its first week.

I imagine it is possible that Warner and Madonna have access to all the pre-order numbers up until now and maybe that is why she isn't promoting that much in advance? Maybe they already know it is gonna be HUGE so why promote when the first single is selling the album well enough for you?

Guest nothingfails0603
So many of the positive comments I've seen written about the 4M video on whatever websites are streaming it are obviously from kids... it's so odd to see... I wonder if today's parents would be OK buying their kids a Madonna CD with that cover?

well, many of today's parents bought Like A Virgin and True Blue when they were kids, so they probably like the idea of sharing Madonna with their kids, like kids who listened to the new music Aerosmith and Rolling Stones came out with in the 90's when I was in high school did with their parents who grew up on them in their first go-rounds

Well there is no promo and Mariah's team or some crazy lamb or both together is doing what they can to make it invincible on iTunes USA...

So I dunno now...

but under 350 is a flop for me and you people can delude yourselves how much you want with 250 being a hit opening week..

Guest robingr

Comparing the exposure of HU with 4M and then the album sales I think 375k seems accurate. But if there's less other promotion for HC than COAD maybe it'll balance out and HC sells 320k?

Guest robingr
I imagine it is possible that Warner and Madonna have access to all the pre-order numbers up until now and maybe that is why she isn't promoting that much in advance? Maybe they already know it is gonna be HUGE so why promote when the first single is selling the album well enough for you?

That would be :thumbsup:

But are you insinuating that Mo only does promo if she has too? :electropop:

HDD projecting 275-300 based on one days

flop :thumbsdown:

:(

and you deluded people who think it's a good opening... don't even say anything...

i'm sad now... hope it's not true...

and bitch decided that promo is for pussies... well at least it seems like that...

so much for US comeback :(

HITS:

Hard Candy Will Bow on Top, Lyfe Jennings, The Roots, Def Leppard and Portishead Also Debut

April 30, 2008

Madonna will leave Warner Bros., the only label she’s ever known, with a bang.

Her final studio album for the Bunny, Hard Candy, is on track to sell between 275-300k, which will handily end Mariah Carey’s two-week reign with E=MC2, according to one-day sale reports from those retailers still standing around this great country of ours.

The Material Gal has one more album, a greatest hits collection, to go before splitting for a long-term deal with concert promoter Live Nation. The album’s her first since 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floor, which sold more than 8 million worldwide. In the U.S., it debuted at #1, selling 351k copies in its first week, taking the top spot from Carrie Underwood’s Some Hearts. In its second week, Confessions on a Dance Floor sold 210k copies and slipped to #4 with a 39% sales decrease. To date, the album has sold over 1.7 million copies in the U.S.

Columbia R&B star Lyfe Jennings’ Lyfe Change, his third album, is on track to sell between 75-80k, which should be good for a Top 5 bow, fueled by the single, “Never Never Land.” His last disc, 2006’s The Phoenix, debuted at #2 and went on to sell 450k.

Veteran Def Jam rappers The Roots return with Rising Down, their first since 2006’s Game Theory, with a first-week sales number in the 50-60k range

Hair metal mainstays Def Leppard’s Universal album Songs from the Sparkle Lounge is doing better than expected, thanks to the band’s appearance on last night’s Dancing with the Stars, where they performed their new single, “Nine Lives,” which features Tim McGraw. One-day sales estimates peg their total at 45-50k. The band’s U.S. tour with Styx and REO Speedwagon is already underway.

Island Records trip-hop pioneers Portishead return with their first studio album in a decade, and third overall, the cleverly dubbed Third, on track for an impressive 40-45k in sales after their critically acclaimed performance at Coachella last weekend.

Tom Petty’s Mudcrutch album on Warner Bros. looks set for 25-30k after a string of intimate performances with his one-time Gainesville, FL, bandmates at the Troubadour in L.A., his old stomping grounds.

Epic Records' SoCal atmospheric pop-rockers Augustana’s Can’t Love, Can’t Hurt is on target for 20-25k

The market was down 8% vs last week, down 11% vs same week last year and now down 11% year-to-date…. as Hollywood continues to burn outside HITS’ Sunset and Vine headquarters..

Zezwer, go away. You are the most annoying poster.

whatever..

i'm not gonna live in a bubble if that's what you're suggesting...

if an opening week under 300k is great for you... then bring out the champagne and start the party...

now let me be disappointed if I want to...

I have and had high expectations on this one unlike most people on here... so don't even say anything thank you very much.