Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

Guest missy bi_tch
1st Week: 250,000

2nd Week: 75,000

well to be certain, it wouldn't be a damita flop...

then again, i would say that it might follow a bedtime storish kinda trajectory... the thing is there's no take a bow to save it ...

1st Week: 250,000

2nd Week: 75,000

That would be a flop in my book!

And no way... COADF opened with 350 without any radio support

I can't see this open with 100k less with a first single that is a hit...

no no and no again

under 350 for me would be a big disappointment

bitch better start promo though...

this album is worth promoting... I mean doesn't she like it or what is the problem?

If anyone here thinks opening with 250 is a hit. THEY ARE DELUSIONAL.

Anything under 300k. Is NOT impressive. sorry

Agree!

coming off a hit single and being one of the biggest artists in the world and names in the bussiness... offcourse 250 is not a hit...

Guest marsha
LOL! I think she can do 470k. Now she has more airplay than Coadf, she had a very successful tour and 4M is a huge hit: 1 million people already downloaded it, so I think half of them should buy the album too :thumbsup:

hope secretly 500k but think it's not realistic, especially since some told how idiot it is awaiting such figures;-) but hey, I like to be stupid, so, get stupid, hey !, I raise prediction: 502K. peak #1 of course. I'm a gaaaaaambler! ;-)

I'm lowering my estimation to 270-300k (from 350) because this album is getting zero promotion, which matters a lot.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! You people have no faith! 400k and up Madonna! Thats IT!

well, we'll know the number in about 36 hours when HDD estimates it! Then we can crown the person who is right!

I dont even trust their estimate. They predicted 600,000 for Mariah didnt they? I think if anything Madonna spreading out promo all this week should help sustain sales through the week and maybe the bulk of the sales wont be so front ended like most albums are. And when do pre orders get added in? Does HITS use those when putting out their estimate?

Guest fighting_spirit
Agree!

coming off a hit single and being one of the biggest artists in the world and names in the bussiness... offcourse 250 is not a hit...

Both Mariah and Leona are hyped 10x more than Madonna, yet Mariah sold 460k after promoting the hell out of her album on every major show and Leona had a debut week of 200k+ even though she's the hottest new thing right now. Both singers have #1 singles with much stronger radio support. Madonna on the other hand did not promote, her single isn't doing half as good on the radio, and 4 Minutes already fell to #2 in iTunes - therefore how could we expect her to sell higher?

I don't think 300k is possible unless her MSN broadcast was very successful in the US, but even that is hardly promoted!

Guest marsha
Both Mariah and Leona are hyped 10x more than Madonna, yet Mariah sold 460k after promoting the hell out of her album on every major show and Leona had a debut week of 200k+ even though she's the hottest new thing right now. Both singers have #1 singles with much stronger radio support. Madonna on the other hand did not promote, her single isn't doing half as good on the radio, and 4 Minutes already fell to #2 in iTunes - therefore how could we expect her to sell higher?

I don't think 300k is possible unless her MSN broadcast was very successful in the US, but even that is hardly promoted!

10X ?????? on Saturn?

Leona's pretty unknown. she's doing well with 1 song. nothing fresh with Mariah. 4M sold more in a month than the brit and the brat. M has huge fan base. great reviews. Timba/ Justin/ Kayne... Sure, the promo is poor.

I don't agree...

I actually think promo IS important, but there can also be a risk that a person is over-exposed. Also Mariah haven't really come around as a nice person at all during her promos so that could be a turn-off for alot of people and also hopefully people is finally understanding how generic her music really is. Remember how TMB fell in digital sales after just one week while 4 Minutes still is one of the most popular songs? And yes 4M fell to #2 on iTunes but after how many weeks on top? Did you expect it to be #1 forever or what? It still outsold alot, even without promo.

Leona has been really hyped too but she has just one single out and she's a newcomer. She doesn't have the fanbase as Madonna and the big name and people doesn't really know what to expect from her.

I agree that Madonna NEEDS promo desperately to get those big numbers, but still under 300 and for me under 350 is a disappointment.

Guest missy bi_tch

350k #1 for my prediction...remembering that madonna fanbase is smaller and timber and timba fans might not warm up to an album with their faves on second billing as readily...

Guest jacobsen

I think it will be something around 400k too.

I know about airplay, promotions but look at the single sales. The best one among these divas. So why album can go the same way??

So do any of you know if she's doing any type of promotion at all? So far I haven't heard anything other than her mini concerts which will only reach her fans and that's about it. Is she doing any TV shows? Radio shows? Anything other than the Pre taped Today show. What the hell is wrong with her....I love her but this is just really stupid of her part not to promote her new single and album. And before anyone goes on an on as to how much 4MTSTW has sold I still think that if she would've promoted it she could've had her 13th #1 by now and yes more than likely she will reach #1 with her album but she could've sold a whole lot more with promotion. What about Europe is she doing any promo in Europe at all...maybe I'm missing something here.

68494057567895678956789567898234267068461336592316438961436485945048362522373849

23712431224236238393723623632622222226737838393939999999993736363633839390969996

9 copies in the first 1 second of sales!

10X ?????? on Saturn?

Leona's pretty unknown. she's doing well with 1 song. nothing fresh with Mariah. 4M sold more in a month than the brit and the brat. M has huge fan base. great reviews. Timba/ Justin/ Kayne... Sure, the promo is poor.

:lmao: lmao

I don't think Madonna's fanbase is smaller than Mariah's... not even in the US. :noway:

many many more people KNOW of M (whether they love, hate, indifferent or just know of who she is), versus the heffa cow, yet that same heffa cow *does* clearly have more bonafide hardcore crazed fans in the US (just refer to MCs record sales there) simple as that. Outside the US, well most know the deal with that.

Anways Im awaitin the Hits Daily forcast!! <crossing fingers> for around 300k something tells me it just wont be much more than that even here in the 12th hour. She WILL get #1, yet due to the time of the year and the state of the market , record gas prices etc etc..shell get her 300k or so and betta be damn proud lol!