Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

Guest KoreanMadonna

Will Hard Candy debut at No.1 on Billboard Top 100 R&B/Hip-Hop Albums? :wacko:

Because Leona Lewis is banned from this Album charts. :thumbsdown:

Edited by KoreanMadonna

If she can debut in the U.S. with 400,000 copies or more, I don't think 1 million worldwide is out of the question. Judging from the slower response to "4 Minutes" in the UK (a major market for her), I think her European numbers *might* be a little lower than we expect - even with it being spring time and not 4th quarter.

I'm still hopeful though. There a good number of Euro-friendly tracks on the album. I think "Give It 2 Me" will probably really pump her sales on that continent. It may not do much back at home.

Europe is not a smaller market and definitely not for Madonna...

what are you talking about??

How can it be a smaller market if it has like double the population of the US??

and especially since Madonna is huge in Europe... why would she open lower there?? in this "small" market?

What are you talking about? I didn't say Europe was a "smaller market", i meant the worldwide albums market is "smaller".

Obviously Europe has a larger population.

Anyway, back to topic, yes, if COADF opened with 1.25m worldwide, then HC could top 1million first week.

up to number 1 at amazon on pre-orders alone

Bestsellers in Music

Any Category > Music

The most popular items in Music. Updated hourly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Hard Candy

~ Madonna (Artist)

54 customer discussions

Release Date: April 29, 2008

Available for Pre-order

List Price: $18.98

Price: $9.99

You Save: $8.99 (47%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Spirit

~ Leona Lewis (Artist)

55 Reviews

5 star: (25)

4 star: (12)

3 star: (7)

2 star: (5)

1 star: (6)

See all 55 customer reviews...

(55 customer reviews) | 9 customer discussions

In Stock

Listen to samples

List Price: $18.97

Price: $9.99

You Save: $8.98 (47%)

35 used & new from $8.49

i think:

425k for the us

400k for EU

about 1m for the mediatraffic report

mariah did 475 with a more popular single so madge should do a little less plus i think alot of the tnt fans who bought the song on i-tunes probably wont be "rushing" out to get the album

it would be nice to top 400k- but i doubt it

330-360 is my guess.

and again it will top 1million US sales- and be certified platinum FOR LIFE!

ugh

new certs update . Hopefully Confessions can recertify @ 2m- but prob not

it would be nice to top 400k- but i doubt it

330-360 is my guess.

and again it will top 1million US sales- and be certified platinum FOR LIFE!

ugh

new certs update . Hopefully Confessions can recertify @ 2m- but prob not

Where is your positive attitude Candy? You're entering in Vanity's territory :nocomment:

In case you don't remember in the past years Madonna albums have ALWAYS opened in Europe with bigger sales than US. Just UK is responsible for bettween 120k albums to 150k albums. I think she will pull those numbers again this time arround... we'll see about it...

So around 450k for US and around 600k for Europe is my predition (equaling COADF opening in Europe)...

I don't know about the rest of Europe... but in Portugal the streets and Shopping Centers are filled with Vodafone Madonna Posters. The Vodafone commercial won't stop playing on the radio and on TV. Fnac shops have 3 to 4 Plasma screens (in different areas of the shop) playing continually the video and promoting that they are going to have a mid-night opening for the album release. There is also a FNAC commercial on the radio and on TV promoting this mid-night opening. Radios are always playing Madonna saying "Hi! This is Madonna and this my new single 4 Minutes". She is also on the cover of "Dance Club" magazine this month (out last Thursday) and I'm sure new covers are coming up next week for sure ;)

COADF didn't have so much promo. This album will sell hugelly well... The TV commercial for the album should start playing on Monday and posters promoting the album should get on the streets on Monday too.

Mariah Carey had a big campaign also... posters on the street and a TV Commercial with Worten (another big shop / Fnac sized) but her album only got to #15 on the Portuguese charts... She was huge here back in 1994/1995.... but then it's just a regular star... not a Megastar sized Madonna...

Remind you that Both COADF and Confessions Live spent 3 weeks at the top of the Portuguese album charts :D

Album sales are declining but I do believe Madonna will keep up selling the same amounts she is used to.

1.2 millions worldwide seems quite OK for this album... 4 Minutes is already a MEGAHIT... even in US... where single sales should get to 1 million next week...

Where is your positive attitude Candy? You're entering in Vanity's territory :nocomment:

Hey Cat. How r u? its been a while

Im actually disappointed of Ms half hearted promotion towards this CD

She has a "monster hit" on her hands and shes "NOT" capitalizing on it.

Its like a few radio calls, and nothing more.

Creating sales needs work. And shes NOT working it.

If "4M" was a medicore hit- then I see her point. But momentum is on her side right now.

and really there is nothing more than 4M thats promoting the cd.

I will always be a fan regardless. BUT I WANT BIG BIG SALES (AND A # 1 SONG)

If "4M" was a medicore hit- then I see her point. But momentum is on her side right now.

Yes, you're right. I feel the same. it's been a long time - since Music - we've been waiting for this moment and our DIVA apparently doesn't care. It's frustrasting. Anyway, I just hope this next week she gives us a big surprise as she's used to...cross fingers. :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

Getting Closer to the release date I am thinking that maybe this may be opening in the 300k range just because it does seem like their has been limited promo. However I wouldn't put past the possiblity of this opening around 400k either because of the fact that any Madonna record is going to open pretty well & she does have a radio hit right now.

Guest tdrob74
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

It's more realistic than 400k-500k.

I totally agree with you Candy, I feel like this song can be a whole lot bigger than it is right now but since Madonna is not putting any effort in promoting it that's why it hasn't hit #1 yet otherwise we would've already been celebrating her 13 #1 in the US by now. What's the point in releasing something new if you're not going to bother promoting it? She has a pretty good chance at getting a #1 and she's not taking any advantage of it. I believe that if she has enough time to spend 2 or 3 hours in the gym there's no real reason as to why she can't promote something as important as her new single/album. I still think she'll do alright, I used to think that she could easily topped herself with this album but now that I see that there's no promotion I have to lower my expectations and say that she'll end up selling 300K to 350K first week and maybe reach 1M within 2 months. I hope I'm proven wrong though.

I think you bitches are going to be suprised by how much it ends up opening with. *crosses fingers*

Can you imagine what will happen here if a miracle occurs and Madonna opens with 600K? :wow:

Guest boytoyville
Can you imagine what will happen here if a miracle occurs and Madonna opens with 600K? :wow:

I would shit myself. :dramatic: