Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

Guest iMisto
Lamb estimate: 250.000

Low estimate: 370.000

High estimate: 465.000

Mtzplk estimate: 500.000

I love how the lamb estimate is lower than the low estimate!!! LOL

now that EMC2 has sold 500k, madge fans will top this for Madge and HC. now possibly at 560k to 600k!!!

as much as I would like that to happen, I believe MADONNA fans outnumber MADONNA loons... and both are outnumbered by MARIAH lambs...

US/Hot 200 : 320,000 - 380,000 , #1

Europe/Europe Albums Charts : 650,000 - 700,000 , #1

World/United World Chart : - 1,000,000 - 1,100,000+ , #1

Edited by NiCk

Guest LikeAHugeMFan!

^ agree. more and more Im feelin this will debut #1 with around 300-325. 350k (tops). Even w. a stronger US 1st single, airplay, more or less good-great buzz and media attention, due to the market, time of the year I think she may sell less 1st week than COAD (which came out during holiday season '05)

^ agree. more and more Im feelin this will debut #1 with around 300-325. 350k (tops). Even w. a stronger US 1st single, airplay, more or less good-great buzz and media attention, due to the market, time of the year I think she may sell less 1st week than COAD (which came out during holiday season '05)

Agreed

Agreed

See I disagree. I think people are dying for some good music vs. the overcrowded market when COADF came out. My guess 450,000 topping both COADF and Music.

But lets face it none of us really know what the hell we are talking about or have any clue what it will sell. We all have opinions and theorys but they really mean shit.

Guest marsha
See I disagree. I think people are dying for some good music vs. the overcrowded market when COADF came out. My guess 450,000 topping both COADF and Music.

But lets face it none of us really know what the hell we are talking about or have any clue what it will sell. We all have opinions and theorys but they really mean shit.

:D yep and that's why it's fun, if we knew, we wouldn't drag along this kind of topics. I think we like poker gamblers.

Guest iMisto

I don't think it's true that lambs outnumber Madonna fans/loons. Actually, I would put money on the exact OPPOSITE.

What the problem is, from what I see, is that Madonna fans, typically older, don't pay as much attention to the music industry as, say... the young little lambs. I can't tell you how many customers I have, that when I tell them HC is coming out, they're totally surprised, cause they didn't know M had a new album!! But they're gunna get it NOW.

So... I think if Madonna EVER promotes her albums right, she'll be set. But she prob. wont.

Guest jamesshot
Um, duh. :confused:

Its not a "duh" thing. It could meet expectations. I don't think it will. It will either disappoint or surprise.

Guest harbors
Its not a "duh" thing. It could meet expectations. I don't think it will. It will either disappoint or surprise.

:lmao: . you still dont get it.

Guest jamesshot
:lmao: . you still dont get it.

I don't. Most of the time albums meet expectations. This time, I think its a relatively new position for M. She has an American friendly album and a radio hit. I think most people will be surprised one way or the other.

Guest jacobsen

Why is she releasing her album on Tuesday in the USA? It will affect her sales for the first week that would be higher if it was out on Monday...

Why is she releasing her album on Tuesday in the USA? It will affect her sales for the first week that would be higher if it was out on Monday...

Tuesday is the standard release day in the U.S.

THIS IS FROM ANOTHER BOARD:

The "street date" became Tuesday in the mid-90's, when media distributors (movies, video, music etc) consolidated the previously wild street dates to cut shipping and tighten on early releases.

They institued stringent restrictions to retailers in an effort to keep the playing field fair. Nontheless, larger chains such as Target and Walmart continually put their product out as early as the previous Wed or Thurs.

The Tuesday date gives usual ample shipping time for equal distribution around the nation. Distributors routinely receive

product around a week in advance, unless their is extreme paranoia from the studio or record company.

350k US

250k Europe

750k inc rest of world

Just for the record, the US have 300.000.000 people and Europe's population is almost 700.000.000

Only the 27 European Union countries which are full of Madonna fans have 497.000.000 people! After Confessions on a dancefloor, one of the most successful albums in the european music history(and please don't compare that album with albums that were released 10 or 15 years ago because Confessions would have way bigger sales number then) Hard Candy will have a huge opening week here

350 US 250 Europe?

I think 350+ US

400+ Europe...

Europe has more people and Madonna's main market...

Didn't COADF open with 800k worldwide first week? If so then why would HC open with more in a smaller market.

Didn't COADF open with 800k worldwide first week? If so then why would HC open with more in a smaller market.

Europe is not a smaller market and definitely not for Madonna...

what are you talking about??

How can it be a smaller market if it has like double the population of the US??

and especially since Madonna is huge in Europe... why would she open lower there?? in this "small" market?

Guest patrickovy

According to mediatraffic COADF sold 1,233 millions in its 1st week.

I hope HC will surpass 1M :):inlove: