Guest marsha
w 16/2008

UK Airplay

3 (6) Madonna - 4 Minutes

1 AMERICAN BOY ESTELLE FEAT. WE

2 HEARTBEAT SCOUTING FOR GIR

orgasm!

19? take that Mimi !

It's ridiculous to compare Madonna and Mariah outside the US...

Countries that Touch My Body hit no1: USA, USA, USA oops sorry.. It's the only one:)

Countries that Hung Up hit no1: Sorry but I won't spend my whole day here writing more than 43 countries:)

Guest marsha
It's ridiculous to compare Madonna and Mariah outside the US...

Countries that Touch My Body hit no1: USA, USA, USA oops sorry.. It's the only one:)

Countries that Hung Up hit no1: Sorry but I won't spend my whole day here writing more than 43 countries:)

of course it's ridiculous to compare overseas. MC is Mimiss Nobody overseas. just like the number 19. better than 18. whatever...

Most Consecutive Top 10 hits

Madonna (35) RECORD

non-Top10 by Madonna

14 Lucky Star Mar 1984

56 Borderline Jun 1984 but 2 Borderline (reissue) Jan 1986

16 Take A Bow Dec 1994

16 Oh Father Jan 1996

11 One More Chance Mar 1996

11 Love Profusion Dec 2003

That is all!

What about 'Hey You' lol? x :demonic:

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=63780

Lucky 13 for Madonna, Queen of Pop

PA Entertainment

Pop queen Madonna showed no sign of relinquishing her crown as the most successful female solo artist of all time by clocking up a lucky 13th UK number one single.

Her track, 4 Minutes featuring Justin Timberlake, deposed British hip-hop star Estelle who slipped to number two with American Boy featuring Kanye West after four weeks at number one.

The song 4 Minutes is taken from Madonna's album Hard Candy, which is released on April 28, and is the first time she has released a single featuring a guest artist, according to the Official UK Charts Company.

For Madonna, 49, it marks a further milestone in a career which has seen her amass more UK number one singles than any other female solo artist.

Kylie Minogue trails behind her with seven number one singles to date.

Meanwhile in the album chart, Brighton indie-popsters The Kooks saw their keenly-anticipated second album, Konk, storm into the top slot.

X Factor winner Leona Lewis's album, Spirit, climbed three places to number two, while Mariah Carey's new release, E=MC2, entered in at number three.

Sun 20 Apr

Congratulations, Madge! Well, done on scoring your 13th UK No.1! Let's see if we can pass pestlife this year. ;)

Oh, and how wonderful that Mariah's new album can only debut at No.3 even after all that promotion she did. She must be quite annoyed by that chart placing. :D

Guest Azelover

Yeah GI2M will be huge. Unless something bigger happens at the same time it's definitely gonna be her 14th UK #1, it just has that written all over it.

I am so happy for Madonna right now. I'm still hopefull she can get to #1 here in the US aswell because she really deserves it. I'm buying all her remixes this coming week since I still haven't bought any yet. I started downloading Itunes the other day but my computer started acting up so I cancel it but will definately try this week. Does anyone know how many remixes are out there? and which one's are the best? thanks.

Guest AntiVirgin

Fantastic ! She will easily get another #1 or two of HC, esp with the way downloads impact the overall UK charts.

The Beatles record is completely within reach in about 2-3 more albums time !!! thats like 2012-2014 @ her churn out rate

Guest Caresse Henry

From the BBC:

Madonna claims UK singles crown

Madonna has gone to the top of the British singles chart, claiming the 13th UK number one of her career.

Her single 4 Minutes, featuring Justin Timberlake, knocked Estelle and Kanye West's American Boy into second place.

Madonna's number one, taken from her 11th album Hard Candy, comes 23 years after she first topped the UK chart.

NME News

Madonna scores 13th Number One

Madonna has recorded the 13th Number One of her career after her new single 'Four Minutes' jumped three places to the top of the UK singles chart.

The track, which also features Justin Timberlake, knocked Estelle into second spot with 'American Boy' after climbing up from Number Four.

According to The Official UK Charts Company, Madonna has had more UK Number One singles than any other female solo artist. Kylie Minogue comes closest to her with seven.

AFP

Madonna tops British singles charts for record 13th time

LONDON (AFP) — Pop diva Madonna Sunday set a record by topping the British singles charts with her 13th number one single -- the most by any female solo artist.

Her new track, "4 Minutes", which features Justin Timberlake, pushed Estelle's "American Boy" featuring Kanye West, which had dominated the charts for the preceding four weeks, into second position.

The 49-year-old's 13th British chart-topping singles are nearly twice as much as the next closest female solo artist, Kylie Minogue, who has seven.

In The News

Madonna only needs Four Minutes to grab number one spot

Madonna has knocked Estelle from the top of the UK singles charts with her single Four Minutes.

With the help of Justin Timberlake and Timbaland, the Material Girl has grabbed her 13th UK number one single to end Estelle's month-long reign at the top of the charts.