Why didn´t she mention Steven Bray during her R&R Hall of Fame speech???

promise to try

Guest Pud Whacker

her notes were just points to hit...im sure she forgot a few more that she remembered after the fact. she was probably a nervous wreck up there.

Because he was a bad lay.

And you think Babyface was good? :demonic:

I agree with pud. I watched her acceptance speech again for the 20th time (I'm sure) this morning, and she becomes more noticeably nervous to me. When I've done public speaking, which hasn't been much, but when I have, I'll have something written down, but tend to skip parts on a whim. So, it's not unusual.

I agree. He should have been mentioned. He was a cornerstone of her early hits and definitely has earned a legacy among her collaborators. From what I recall she fell out with him in the 1990s and there has been bitterness ever since. She tried to stop him from releasing Pre-Madonna material.

She should call him and make things up again.

Stephen Bray should have reworked Mother And Father, taking only the chorus and making a brand new song and she would have had the smash hit she wanted with Remix and REvisited

UGH!

I think it's clear that once you have a falling out with M you are pretty much dead to her.

She is not seeing the light by doing that! At least that's one of the teachings of Kabbalah!

yes DEF and instantly noticed she 4got Shep and S Brey lol. Either it was completely calculated and done SO on purpose or quite the opposite (she was a nervous wreck, got sidetracked and it was un-intentional lol). No in between. Gut feeling tells me its more thae 1st than 2nd theory LOL. She was up there a LONG ass time, and was reading the names etc..,so ya I think it was an F.U snub LOL. I can kinda see her 4gettin Shep cause his main noteworthy success w/ her was the song Vogue (to most non hardcore fans), while Stephen made numerous smash, timeless M songs which defined her 80s sound and success :(

maybe she's over the 80's stuff and considers her new stuff as the REAL songs?

he wasnt worth mentioning to begin with.

I was pleased when she mentioned BABYFACE...:dramatic:

Shep and Steve should have been mentioned. Fuck Babyface he produced what two or three shit songs with Madonna?? Look at how many great songs Steve and Shep came up with. Flop speech!

Actually he produced her most SUCESSFUL song to date which was "Take A Bow"..... :thumbsup:

Actually he produced her most SUCESSFUL song to date which was "Take A Bow"..... :thumbsup:

TAB is soooo not Madonna's most successful song to date...radio played the sh*t out of it but that was it,its sales weren't that impressive...

Songs like Like a Vrigin,Like a Prayer,Vogue and i would even say Music were much bigger hits than TAB.

Guest vermicious knid

From what I recall she fell out with him in the 1990s and there has been bitterness ever since. She tried to stop him from releasing Pre-Madonna material.

I remember reading that he was upset that she got Shep Pettibone to remix the Like a Prayer songs. Does someone else recall this?

She probably felt betrayed by Steven Bray. Although will someone remind me what was the deal with Shep again? I didn't realize she had a falling out with him. Didn't she still acknowledge him in the credits for Bedtime Stories?

TAB is soooo not Madonna's most successful song to date...radio played the sh*t out of it but that was it,its sales weren't that impressive...

Songs like Like a Vrigin,Like a Prayer,Vogue and i would even say Music were much bigger hits than TAB.

Well it was #1 for weeks on Billboard's Hot 100, and beating out the record held by "Like A Virgin" :nocomment:

Well it was #1 for weeks on Billboard's Hot 100, and beating out the record held by "Like A Virgin" :nocomment:

So you think TAB is a bigger hit than LAV because it spent 7 weeks at the top instead of 6?I don't even consider TAB as one of M's many classic hits...

Weeks spent at #1 had a LOT to do with the way charts were calculated back then that's why i don't think of TAB as her biggest hit...actually i don't think anyone does.

So you think TAB is a bigger hit than LAV because it spent 7 weeks at the top instead of 6?I don't even consider TAB as one of M's many classic hits...

Weeks spent at #1 had a LOT to do with the way charts were calculated back then that's why i don't think of TAB as her biggest hit...actually i don't think anyone does.

Of course LAV is the hit that made her an esablished artist.....i'm just suprised how some deny TAB as being the bigger success between the two when the facts don't lie.

Denial Maybe?

Of course LAV is the hit that made her an esablished artist.....i'm just suprised how some deny TAB as being the bigger success between the two when the facts don't lie.

Denial Maybe?

LMAO...denial? Even Hung Up sold more than Take a Bow in the US...i repeat,TAB may have spent the most weeks at #1 but that hardly makes it her biggest hit.

Let me ask you something,do you consider Mariah's Honey a bigger hit than say,Shania's You're still the one(wich actually never hit #1)?

She probably felt betrayed by Steven Bray. Although will someone remind me what was the deal with Shep again? I didn't realize she had a falling out with him. Didn't she still acknowledge him in the credits for Bedtime Stories?

Shep sued her for credit on several Bedtime Stories songs. I believe Tony Shimkin (Shep's former assistant) suggested in an interview that Shep was probably out-of-line to do so as Madonna keeps a book of ideas and sometimes she re-uses things from unreleased material on future projects. I believe Madonna's "thanking" of him in the credits of Bedtime Stories happened before he actually filed a law suit. Shimkin also implied that Shep wasn't very honorable in his business affairs as he screwed him [shimkin] out of co-writing royalties on the Erotica album.

I remember reading that he was upset that she got Shep Pettibone to remix the Like a Prayer songs. Does someone else recall this?

Actually, it was Pat Leonard who was mad about the remixed songs on The Immaculate Collection - particularly Shep's new version of "Like A Prayer" which was more frothy and house-oriented than the rock-gospel original.