4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

She's now #1 on Songs, Videos and Ringtones.

The album is #7.

Madonna leaves WBR with a Bang!

I really hope she can sell enough downloads to get to #1 next week, because I don't think Madonna will be so near the top spot anytime soon again, if ever.

So cool seeing Madonna at #1 on so many lists at iTunes. #1 on the Hot 100 next week!!!! Lucky #13. She did say it's the luckiest number in the universe. ;)

ok, i have no life....i just counted the bars at Itunes. :nocomment: i came up with 238. wouldnt it be nice if each bar represented 1000 downloads. :demonic:

ok, i have no life....i just counted the bars at Itunes. :nocomment: i came up with 238. wouldnt it be nice if each bar represented 1000 downloads. :demonic:

but that's not how it's done... pop bars are still very good indicators though

but that's not how it's done... pop bars are still very good indicators though

i iknow its not done that way....just wishful thinking! :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

Madonna 4 minutes #1 on I-tunes ringtones now also. That is number 1 on three I-tunes charts on the front page now. Number one for song,video & ringtone. She is officially Queen of I-tunes in the US right now. Crazy to see more success here in the US than Europe. We haven't seen that in over 8 yrs!

TMB going further down to LOLLIPOP level

iTunesUS04.jpg

last week's digital tallies:

-- 1 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY 285544 999 921 286465

113 2 MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAK 4 MINUTES 217071 999 12523 229594

1 3 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE 186928 -15 219237 723989

2 4 LIL WAYNE FEAT. STATIC MAJOR LOLLIPOP 170769 19 142948 329431

4 5 SPARKS*JORDIN DUET WITH CHRIS NO AIR 137170 7 128745 972406

3 6 USHER FEAT. YOUNG JEEZY LOVE IN THIS CLUB 131926 -5 138414 788725

5 7 RAY J & YUNG BERG SEXY CAN I 113376 -7 121861 565260

74 8 ADKINS*TRACE YOU'RE GONNA MISS THIS 99509 430 18790 195481

8 9 ONEREPUBLIC STOP AND STARE 99393 6 93645 820170

9 10 NAIM*YAEL NEW SOUL 97759 7 91593 721949

Really??? That eff'n sucks!!!!!!!!! :(

What the hell are the lambs doing? Setting up a bazillion accounts? And what about requesting the song online at local stations? Do they know it's the same computer?

Do trust and believe the lambs will stop at NOTHING to get their diva her number ones!! :lol:

It's so awesome to go to the itunes page and see her number one everywhere....Madonna has taken over US Itunes!! I never thought I'd get to say that...lol. Even stranger is seeing her doing so well here and then looking at the UK stats...WOW! How the tide seems to have turned. I know it's still very early in the game but she seems to be REALLY kicking ass here for once, hopefully it will pick up in the UK. Number one on BB Hot 100 actually seems like a REAL possibility at this point, that popularity bar just keeps growing and growing!!! BEAT THOSE LITTLE 20 YO BITCHES ASSES MADGE!!! :bow:

Guest iMisto
Number one on BB Hot 100 actually seems like a REAL possibility at this point, that popularity bar just keeps growing and growing!!!

I hope so! The ringtone pop. bars are MASSIVE! She was number 2 this morning, and now is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY ahaead of everybody now! Including the poor Spark's in 2nd.

Maybe the video really has boosted sales??? Can't wait to see the effects once its being played on TV. Especially TRL, since millions of little teeny-boppers will really get to see it!

Guest iMisto
question is, when will it happen

Well, I know she decided to premier it online, but since that already happened, I'm hoping Mtv/Vh1 will pick it up now.

I'm just scared that they'll ignore it due to her turning them down as the general place to premier a video.... hopefully I"m wrong though, and they'll just play it anyway? :(

Well, I know she decided to premier it online, but since that already happened, I'm hoping Mtv/Vh1 will pick it up now.

I'm just scared that they'll ignore it due to her turning them down as the general place to premier a video.... hopefully I"m wrong though, and they'll just play it anyway? :(

they have to understand it, they are premiering USHER's video on APRIL 7...

so they should understand why MADONNA debuted it in iTunes

so I guess MADONNA loons are far richer because 4 MINUTES actually will gain more sales for next week...

unlike the other one which will experience a huge drop

:chuckle:

Madonna loons are probably more determined... Madonna hasn't been this close to a #1 in nearly a decade :dramatic:

not true. That's like saying if you buy an album more than once, only one is counted. This isn't a request line or something. lol Soundscan counts each copy bought, whether they were bought by one person or a million persons.

I think iTunes only counts once whereas soundscan counts each and every purchases.

The popularity bar between TMB & 4M on it's 1st week were so close and 4M outsold TMB almost at all other download sites but the the results turned out to be the other way round i.e. TMB sold 70K more than 4M.

Are you absolutely sure that the video downloads do not count toward the single sales? I remember reading, a couple of years ago when "Sorry" came out, that sales of that particular video counted towards sales of the "Sorry" single.

Guest flotando

Isn't it like impossible Madonna sells 100.000 more downloads than Mimi this week? Mariah will be around 170.000, I think. Madonna would need 260.000... I think it's way too much!

I think iTunes only counts once whereas soundscan counts each and every purchases.

The popularity bar between TMB & 4M on it's 1st week were so close and 4M outsold TMB almost at all other download sites but the the results turned out to be the other way round i.e. TMB sold 70K more than 4M.

I wonder that too... what I am thinking actually is the video sales of TMB that gave it a big lead... it was always #1

or we looked so much into MADONNA's lead in AMAZON but foreign purchases must have pushed it high and won't count

the lead wasn't really close though, you have to look at the pop bar that was recorded Sunday night, and not Tuesday

I think Leona Lewis is performing on Good Morning America today (April 4), so she could see a good bump from that. Hopefully though, Madonna's video debut will be the real buzz of the weekend and spur sales.

Guest FrozenLight

I'm very excited and I agree that it will be a close call by the end of the week. I would think that at this point she probably has a lead of about 30 to 40K downloads over Mariah. It would be irritating if say that sunday she has a lead of 70K and misses the top position by just a few downloads. If anything this week and the week of the albums release are her best chance for number one.

Does the bar that we see here already includes sales from video streaming or is it only for downloads of the song?

Guest FrozenLight

We have to give it to mtzlplk for being so optimistic. I remember when he said 300K download when most people were thinking of 110K or so...in a way he was the closest to the actual numbers achieved...and who knows going by the lead M is getting her sales may very well increase this week

It seems tha TMB will fall to no.4 very soon! Good!!! :clap:

if by end of sunday it's significantly lower than LOLLIPOP which sold 170K last week (+19%)

assuming LOLLIPOP stands still... TMB's fall will be like 285k to 150k... that's HUGE...

It seems tha TMB will fall to no.4 very soon! Good!!! :clap:

And again I have to ask: are u certain that the video sales of 4M do not count towards the sales of the single?

HG is working on it, he must've e-mailed someone from Billboard...

counted or not though, it can only increase her current lead farther from her closest rival...

and that Good Morning America performance of Leona, can it really benefit from it... who watches GMA?

We have to give it to mtzlplk for being so optimistic. I remember when he said 300K download when most people were thinking of 110K or so...in a way he was the closest to the actual numbers achieved...and who knows going by the lead M is getting her sales may very well increase this week

actually, i didn't predict it to do 300k, I only stated that figure just to give a scenario in order to overtake M...

but I was the first to bravely predict it'll do 220k though in BR's thread, because I know the JT and T fans will greatly contribute...

I am actually surprised that 4MINUTES is gaining despite selling huge in its opening week...

I think it will do 250k minimum when the numbers are out on APRIL 9...

sorry I quoted 3 posts... I don't know how to do that multi-quotes :shy: