4 Minutes/Hard Candy at USA iTunes

thebigham

I'm slightly confused about something.... what EXACTLY are the lambs, besides Mariah fans... and why don't we organize like them??? I mean, if they're willing to buy a gazillion Mariah singles, why wont we do the same for Madonna?

I know, on my own I bought 5 "4 Minutes" off of iTunes. Why don't we organize better?

Because that's what sets us apart I guess? We are not chart obsessed loons, despite what this thread/subforum might suggest ;)

Mariah will be #1 for another week, even if her sales are dropping her airplay is still rising. For Madonna to be #1 she will need to gain much more airplay than what she is getting and atleast maintain the same amount of sales.

Madonna will be #2 or 3 next week.

Guest iMisto

I guess... But I can't help but want Madonna's music to be successful on the charts. Is there any Madonna site, that you know of, that is focused on pushing her up the charts??

And, after reading through these forums, it sure seems like people 'want' Madonna to hit #1 but I don't see a spot for them to act on it. I'd love to see an organized effort to hit stations with requests, and start up mass downloads. Like, what if each person in the group set a side $20 and downloaded the single 20times? I dunno, simple stuff like that.

On my own, I've been able to get 10 or more people to pre-order the album, and download the single, who might otherwise never thought about it.

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but I would love to find a site dedicated to Madonna like that. Not that there's anything wrong with this one!!! LOL I think you guys are wonderful!

I guess... But I can't help but want Madonna's music to be successful on the charts. Is there any Madonna site, that you know of, that is focused on pushing her up the charts??

Pray hard for 4M to have a 100K lead over TMB.

Mariah will be #1 for another week, even if her sales are dropping her airplay is still rising. For Madonna to be #1 she will need to gain much more airplay than what she is getting and atleast maintain the same amount of sales.

Madonna will be #2 or 3 next week.

Are you sure Madonna won't be #1 next week?

newbitmapimagexl9.jpg

Mariah's downloads are not just dropping...they are dropping FAST now that the lambs accomplished their mission and bankrupted themselves getting her to #1 on billboard.

Meanwhile Leona Lewis' downloads are either dropping or Madonna's downloads are rising because just 12 hours ago Madonna, Mariah and Leona were virtually tied on the popularity bar and now Madonna is pulling farther a head.

Plus I think Madonna's downloads will increase even more once the video comes out.

Mariah may be a head in airplay and increasing getting more but madonna's airplay is rising as well.

I'm by no means a chart expert but I think Madonna's airplay is rising as well as downloads mean while it's obvious that Mariah's downloads are dropping FAST. I think Madonna does have a shot at #1 next week

I think the sales week ends Friday, so Mariah already had 2 days at #1 at iTunes. It doesn't matter, her airplay is HUGE so she'll be #1 again easily. Madonna will probably stay at #3.

Pray hard for 4M to have a 100K lead over TMB.

Is that the kind of lead madonna would need over mariah in downloads to hit #1 next week on billboard?

Unfortunately yes.

The worst part is 4M may need even higher (120K lead) 'cos TMB has an advantage on video streaming.

Assumption:

4M - 35m (airplay by end of the week. Current: 31m) + 220 (downloads)*** = 255 chart points

TMB - 140 (airplay by end of the week. Current: 122m) + 100 (downloads) + 10 (video Streaming) = 250 chart points

*** Just an assumption. It's unlikely to happen therefore don't throw stones at me for this.

Is that the kind of lead madonna would need over mariah in downloads to hit #1 next week on billboard?

Madonna needs almost 75k lead... By the way! 4 minutes is no2 on amazon, Bleedong Love no5, and Touch My body no21!!hahaha

Edited by Jasonakos

Unfortunately yes.

The worst part is 4M may need even higher (120K lead) 'cos TMB has an advantage on video streaming.

Assumption:

4M - 35m (airplay by end of the week. Current: 31m) + 220 (downloads) = 255 chart points

TMB - 140 (airplay by end of the week. Current: 122m) + 100 (downloads) + 10 (video Streaming) = 250 chart points

Dammit! :americanlife:

I think the sales week ends Friday, so Mariah already had 2 days at #1 at iTunes. It doesn't matter, her airplay is HUGE so she'll be #1 again easily. Madonna will probably stay at #3.

Wrong.

Sales: Mon -> Sun

Airplay: Wed -> Tue

Sales: Mon -> Sun

Hopefully Mariah's song will continue dropping FAST on iTunes.

Hopefully by some small miracle Madonna's downloads are increasing still and hopefully the music video will help promote new downloads for the song.

I'm Agnostic but I will still pray for Madonna to have at least a 100K download lead! LOL

I'm by no means a chart expert but I think Madonna's airplay is rising as well as downloads mean while it's obvious that Mariah's downloads are dropping FAST. I think Madonna does have a shot at #1 next week

FOR MADONNA to be #1 next week:

- must have 40k lead in downloads against LEONA (186k -15%) and LIL WAYNE (170k +19%)

- must maintain a popularity bar more than twice long compared to USHER (132k -5% - will unleash his videos APRIL 7) and RAY J (113k -7%)

- must have a 90k lead in downloads against MARIAH

now think what are her odds of getting to #1...

QUESTION: What is up about the 6 versions of NUDE by RADIOHEAD ? It has Guitar Stem, Bass Stem, Voice Stem, Drum, String and the ordinary versions all charting in the iTunes TOP 100...

QUESTION: What is up about the 6 versions of NUDE by RADIOHEAD ? It has Guitar Stem, Bass Stem, Voice Stem, Drum, String and the ordinary versions all charting in the iTunes TOP 100...

they could have a million versions and they still won't have great sales I'm sure

Look at this spanish blog about Madonna & Mariah current chart positions on Hot 100:

http://elcliche.com/contenidos/ver/1757

There is a fight to death between madonna and mariah fans in Spain.

In some blogs lambs even threaten us with death!!!! It's crazy!!!!!!

madonna-mariah-total.jpg

TEE HEE

Guest Bad Robot

They're having a remix competition and selling the separate parts of the song.

They're having a remix competition and selling the separate parts of the song.

so it's just basically the instruments of the song just filtered out and made into separate tracks?

What does Billboard say about this new trickery?

Is MADONNA actually #1 in iTunes because she is still gaining?

if she maintains that kind of lead over USHER & SPARKS, which is double... selling steadily around 125k-135k for 3 wks now...

could she actually move up to 250k of downloads in her 2nd week?

and LIL WAYNE who gained +19% to have 170k of download is still very far from her...

Digital downloads recap for last week:

1 CAREY*MARIAH TOUCH MY BODY 285,544

2 MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 4 MINUTES 217,071

3 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE 186,928 (-15%)

4 LIL WAYNE FEAT. STATIC MAJOR LOLLIPOP 170,769 (19%)

5 SPARKS*JORDIN DUET WITH CHRIS NO AIR 137,170 (7%)

6 USHER FEAT. YOUNG JEEZY LOVE IN THIS CLUB 131,926 (-5%)

iTunesUS01.jpg

My goodness, Madge just might steal #1 next week......

possibility...

unless we are misreading the popularity bars... but for last week it was a little accurate with the final tally

the differences must have come from the other download sites

in popularity bars as of sunday midnight, mar 30 US time:

TMB was more than half of USHER and SPARKS which were more over half of 4 MINUTES...

if you do the math, you can assume the popularity bars to be accurate... but remember there are other download sites besides iTunes

the reliable popularity bar will be the one that we will see by APRIL 6 midnight US...

I haven't been this interested in the charts since the Music era. lol The video should also gather some interest in the song for Saturday & Sunday and give 4M a boost or hold it steady against the other chart challengers. Way to go, Madonna!!!!

I believe that this is further proof that the general public isn't THAT interested in Touch My Body. It was the LAMBS trying to get her 18th number 1 that downloaded the song so much. Well, she can keep as many number ones as she wants, nobody is going to remember them when she is no longer around...

AND THIS IS WHY BILLBOARD NEED TO CHANGE THERE RULES

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

this is just like DFAU Christmas of 2005... climbed fast, dropped fast after achieving #1...