"4 Minutes" on the Billboard Charts

thebigham

Well this is good news. I was actually prepared to see 4M's dropping to maybe nine or ten this week. This song continues to be the top ten's Little Engine That Could.

Edited by Etips

Well this good news. I was actually prepared to see 4M's dropping to maybe nine or ten this week. This song continues to be the top ten's Little Engine That Could.

trust me, if it continues to sell above 120k every week it's going to be in the TOP10...

before the GVH3 comes out this fall.

I think WBR will really put out a GH this fall... after seeing how low the debut of HARD CANDY is at this time...

November will truly be the best to release a new GH for it will also benefit from the concert...

I just don't see them releasing a GH in summer of '09 (dead sales even for M esp she's not obliged to do promo for them anymore) and fall of '09 (too far)

Mimi's single had two versions near the top 10 when the album was released, and it actually lost a few percentage points in sales- so there may not be some big sales boost for 4M next week.

well, the pop bars are still way ahead of LOLLIPOP when combined... and knowing that LIL WAYNE's own sales isn't waning that fast... these versions alone will sell another 180k... one thing I am very much betting on is that it will be another 200k+ week for M in next week's chart...

#4, great news. If only she could get a nice 13+mil jump at radio. Coulda, shoulda, Prada.

200k sales and a 50M BDS audimp would easily place her at #3 next week with 250M... USHER and RAY J is done...

LEONA and LIL WAYNE will hover around 290M-300M

JORDIN don't have much room to grow anymore...

#3, yes, I think so too. She'll have a few more weeks within the Top 10, so that's a plus. The song is a nice, solid hit. We might even see another month in the Top 10.

They (unnecessarily) struggled with the 1992-2001 tracklisting for GHV2 by omitting the pre-Ray Of Light hit ballads (save for "Take A Bow") featured on the Something To Remember compilation, so how can they possibly fluff a CD with enough hits from 2002-2008? "Die Another Day," "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" are her only genuine US hits for this era. If they could sort out a way for the CD to project a holographic animation of Madonna tonguing Britney I suppose the Thin White Duck Mix Radio Edit of "Hollywood" could be thrown in for fun...

It's more wise to bet that Warner Bros. will assemble a full on, multi-disc, career spanning retrospective, not a third volume to complement The Immaculate Collection and GHV2.

Anyway, too early to call this one as once/if Hard Candy takes off it could be more than a year before we see any sort of vault release (I'm thinking xmas 2009).

Anyway... GLAD TO SEE "4 MINUTES" HANGING IN THERE! Far exceded my expectations.

Guest ercos
#3, yes, I think so too. She'll have a few more weeks within the Top 10, so that's a plus. The song is a nice, solid hit. We might even see another month in the Top 10.

hopefully so. AI seems steady and sales are still high....

so how can they possibly fluff a CD with enough hits from 2002-2008? "Die Another Day," "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" are her only genuine US hits for this era.

Anyway, too early to call this one as once/if Hard Candy takes off it could be more than a year before we see any sort of vault release (I'm thinking xmas 2009).

I agree with you on the Xmas 2009 thing... but not on the 3 only hits... not even in US... just for radio airplay... Even "Sorry" was both a sales #01 and TRL #01. "Hollywood" became very mediatic because of the Britney Kiss. Everybody heard that song at least there :D

This Greatest Hits album is for all the world... for 6 billion people... not just 300 million that live in US...

In UK these tracks were TOP 10 in sales (and I think airplay too):

- Die Another Day

- American Life

- Hollywood

- Me Against The Music

- Hung Up

- Sorry

- Get Together

- Jump

- 4 Minutes

You then have "Love Profusion" that peaked #11 and "Nothing Fails" that was a big airplay hit in several european countries. Don't forget that ALL of these singles were also sales TOP 5 in US.

Then you have new singles from HARD CANDY to be released... and to get to the compilation... at least 2 or 3 more songs...

Of Course we are talking just for a few tracks... not sure if she is going to have any new song on the new greatest hits... but she should have at least 1 new song... that would already make it 14 or 15 tracks...

If they release a carreer span Greatest Hits they will kill TIC catalogue sales and this album is always on their TOP 40 (Warners Releases Chart) best selling albuns EVERY year, making it to TOP 20 and even TOP 10 in some years. They don't want to kill its sales so early... they will probably even do a box with the 3 Greatest Hits Inside :D

I wonder if Who's That Girl will make the cut this time? ;)

I wonder if WBR has already learned not to "protect" catalog sales...

they have this principle of leaving out hits from previous albums to protect catalog sales...

they better learn that it's not gonna work anymore since most digital outlets now offer songs separately...

if they are going to pick songs for the career-spanning GH, it better be the best of the best... the real hits with the masses

Guest Bad Robot

This is not the GH thread -- if you guys want to chat about that please move it to the General Madonna subforum!

US 05/10/2008

Hot Digital Tracks Top200

3 (1) MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 4 MINUTES 185 593 163 237 -12,1% 990 372

90 (NEW) MADONNA 4 MINUTES [FEATURING JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE] 0 13 080 NR 13 080

Hot Digital Songs Top200

2 (1) MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 4 MINUTES 201 799 185 159 -8,3% 1 031 730

16.206 remixes sold 2 weeks ago

8.842 remixes sold last week

Year-To-Date Tracks 2008

01 FLO RIDA LOW [FEAT T-PAIN] (ALBUM VERSI 2 124 744

02 BAREILLES*SARA LOVE SONG[ALBUM VERSION] 1 630 398

03 LEWIS*LEONA BLEEDING LOVE 1 540 358

04 SPARKS*JORDIN NO AIR DUET WITH CHRIS BROWN 1 429 747

05 RIHANNA DON'T STOP THE MUSIC 1 398 830

06 BROWN*CHRIS WITH YOU 1 263 734

07 USHER LOVE IN THIS CLUB 1 237 215

08 CYRUS*MILEY SEE YOU AGAIN 1 189 463

09 LIL WAYNE LOLLIPOP 1 006 919

10 MADONNA FEAT. JUSTIN TIMBERLAK 4 MINUTES 990 372

There is no Touch My Body inside Top 25

Guest iMisto
This is not the GH thread -- if you guys want to chat about that please move it to the General Madonna subforum!

Haahaha! I had to scoll to the top again, just to remember what I was reading!! All these posts took me off track!

:lmao:

It depends on HC's ultimate performance. It would be stupid to tag on the recent singles to the compilation if HC is still selling well (especially outside the US).

That Greatest Hits would include only 3 hits... ok, let's count AL and Sorry as hits too,.

Guest missy bi_tch
I wonder if WBR has already learned not to "protect" catalog sales...

they have this principle of leaving out hits from previous albums to protect catalog sales...

they better learn that it's not gonna work anymore since most digital outlets now offer songs separately...

if they are going to pick songs for the career-spanning GH, it better be the best of the best... the real hits with the masses

i think for all that is worth, warner bros. has milked enough of monies from madonna... even sex which the WB execs refused to release sold in millions.

for a last compilation collection, they would wanna appeal to all casual fans who did not buy many of her albums and one that spans her career. they would wisely put in as many hits as possible and sell it for as cheap as possible...

sorta like beatles #1's and may be offered in one-disc/two-disc/three-disc with remixes varieties.