Moscow press reports/reviews

Camacho

That Zhizn tabloid is the more crap than even the Sun. I hope Pera didn't have a heart attack after this news :gross:

I think there's no reason to worry anymore.

September 12th at Luzhniki stadium is confirmed by TicketPro and all should be fine :)

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/09/01/concertads.shtml

madonna.jpg

Madonna Concert Ads Removed From Moscow Streets for Security Reasons

Moscow authorities demanded that cellular provider Vimpelcom remove the billboards featuring ads with the slogan: “Break your way to Madonna concert!” the PRIME-TASS news agency reported Friday.

Chairman of the Moscow city committee for advertising, information and decoration has sent a letter to Vimpelcom asking to change the slogan as it could allegedly be considered as a call for violent action during the concert, the company reported in a press-release.

Vimpelcom said it would replace the billboards despite the fact that they believe that the slogan was not in any way calling for violence.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/09/01/concertads.shtml

madonna.jpg

Madonna Concert Ads Removed From Moscow Streets for Security Reasons

Moscow authorities demanded that cellular provider Vimpelcom remove the billboards featuring ads with the slogan: “Break your way to Madonna concert!” the PRIME-TASS news agency reported Friday.

Chairman of the Moscow city committee for advertising, information and decoration has sent a letter to Vimpelcom asking to change the slogan as it could allegedly be considered as a call for violent action during the concert, the company reported in a press-release.

Vimpelcom said it would replace the billboards despite the fact that they believe that the slogan was not in any way calling for violence.

OMG! She's gonna cancel the show! :crazy:

some scary looking people were protesting today :

06_09_04_03_l.jpg

Orthodox union declares Holy Inquisition against Madonna

Orthodox and patriotic forces are meeting in Pushkin Square in downtown Moscow in a demonstration against Madonna's forthcoming Moscow show.

Some 100 people holding banners and orthodox flags with a large crucifix placed in the center are participating in the meeting.

"We declare a new Holy Inquisition that will fight against the sacrilege of crosses, icons, Russian Orthodox symbols, including during Madonna's show. The singer is an advocate of Kabbalah," chairman of the Union of Orthodox flag-bearers Leonid Simonovich-Nikshich said at the meeting.

The main goal of the inquisition will be "to fight against slander, rather than to kill people," he said.

btw title on that photo sais "Hail christ, death to antichrist" :manson:

I hope she cancels the show. Everything that could go wrong with getting this show put together has gone wrong.

that's why she shouldn't cancel the show

she should show them who's the boss :americanlife:

and plus i'm going there so she can't do it :boxing:

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20060904/53496365.html

Orthodox groups protest "anti-Madonna" concert in Moscow

MOSCOW, September 4 (RIA Novosti) - Hundreds of Orthodox Christians gathered in central Moscow Monday to demand the cancellation of a Madonna concert later this month in the latest wave of criticism to hit the American singer's controversial tour.

Religious groups in Europe condemned a section of the pop star's show, which will play in Moscow on September 12, that features a song with the 48-year-old apparently being crucified on a giant cross studded with small mirrors. Representatives of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Muslim community have advised believers to stay away.

"The pop star calling herself Madonna is abusing the Cross," said Valentin Lebedev, head of the Union of Orthodox Citizens. "At her concert in Luzhniki stadium, she will sing her songs hanging on the Cross in the image of Christ wearing a crown of thorns."

The protesters at the sanctioned demonstration carried black posters and flags with inscriptions such as "God Save Russia" and "With Belief in God, Freedom or Death!"

Some of the protesters pierced a picture of the American pop icon with a wooden stake and then demonstrably tore it apart. They also cursed the organizers of the singer's tour, Confessions on the Dance Floor, and then moved on to praying.

Leonid Simonovich-Nikshich, an organizer of the action and head of the Union of Orthodox Brotherhoods, was even more outspoken, "We have declared a new holy inquisition that will fight all villains who oppose Christ, sacred symbols and the Orthodox Church."

He said the Cross was an instrument saving humankind from sin and death.

Vladimir Osipov, head of the Christian Revival Union, said Madonna was an "American Satanist", "an anti-Christ forerunner and anti-Madonna," because everything she did contradicted the image of the Virgin Mary.

Osipov also accused the American singer, who raised a storm of criticism from religious groups in 1989 with the video to her hit Like a Prayer and has since courted criticism with explicit videos, of taking Christianity for a soft target.

"I would like to see her abusing the religion of international bankers - she would have immediately been cornered and sent back to the streets," he said. :retard:

The protesters said they hoped the authorities in Moscow would cancel Madonna's debut concert, which has already been forced to change venue because of crowd-safety concerns, and called on the public to be more active in expressing its discontent.

At least 40,000 tickets to the concert in Luzhniki that can accommodate 70,000 people are already thought to have been sold.

Guest jamesshot

I love when these nuts dont realize she was born Madonna and didnt take it up as a stage name.

These people seem like true representations of Christ.........NOT!

:wacko:

Stadium May Collapse During Madonna Concert — Designer

Created: 05.09.2006 17:32 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 17:45 MSK, 25 minutes ago

MosNews

Designer of the canopy roof of Luzhniki Stadium Nodar Kancheli said he does not exclude the possibility of the stadium collapsing during Madonna’s September 12 concert, Ekho Moskvy radio reported Tuesday.

The notorious architect of Transvaal Water Park, which collapsed in February 2004, killing 28 people and injuring numbers, was found guilty of criminal negligence but was amnestied Monday under a law passed by the State Duma in April.

In an interview with the Ekho Moskvy radio station Kancheli spoke about the laws of physics, claiming that the structure could collapse if audio frequency resonated with the vibration frequency of the building. Meanwhile, Kancheli hopes this will not happen.

Luzhniki Stadium with a total capacity of 84,745 seats is the biggest sports stadium in Russia.

The stadium (at a time the Central Lenin Stadium) was the chief venue for the 1980 Summer Olympics, the spectator capacity being 103,000 at that time.

It also hosted the final game of the 1957 Ice Hockey World Championship between Sweden and the Soviet Union, attended by a crowd of 55,000 and setting a new world record.

Kancheli took part in construction of several most famous and significant buildings in Moscow — the cupolas of Jesus Christ Savior Cathedral, the reconstruction of Bolshoi Theater, roof over the stands at the Luzhniki Stadium, the roof of the Dinamo stadium, and others.

:wacko:

Stadium May Collapse During Madonna Concert — Designer

Created: 05.09.2006 17:32 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 17:45 MSK, 25 minutes ago

MosNews

Designer of the canopy roof of Luzhniki Stadium Nodar Kancheli said he does not exclude the possibility of the stadium collapsing during Madonna’s September 12 concert, Ekho Moskvy radio reported Tuesday.

The notorious architect of Transvaal Water Park, which collapsed in February 2004, killing 28 people and injuring numbers, was found guilty of criminal negligence but was amnestied Monday under a law passed by the State Duma in April.

In an interview with the Ekho Moskvy radio station Kancheli spoke about the laws of physics, claiming that the structure could collapse if audio frequency resonated with the vibration frequency of the building. Meanwhile, Kancheli hopes this will not happen.

Luzhniki Stadium with a total capacity of 84,745 seats is the biggest sports stadium in Russia.

The stadium (at a time the Central Lenin Stadium) was the chief venue for the 1980 Summer Olympics, the spectator capacity being 103,000 at that time.

It also hosted the final game of the 1957 Ice Hockey World Championship between Sweden and the Soviet Union, attended by a crowd of 55,000 and setting a new world record.

Kancheli took part in construction of several most famous and significant buildings in Moscow — the cupolas of Jesus Christ Savior Cathedral, the reconstruction of Bolshoi Theater, roof over the stands at the Luzhniki Stadium, the roof of the Dinamo stadium, and others.

i'm running out of ideas, what else could go wrong now. :bruise:

Guest bedtimestorynyc
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20060904/53496365.html

Orthodox groups protest "anti-Madonna" concert in Moscow

MOSCOW, September 4 (RIA Novosti) - Hundreds of Orthodox Christians gathered in central Moscow Monday to demand the cancellation of a Madonna concert later this month in the latest wave of criticism to hit the American singer's controversial tour. ..........

i'm embarrassed for my own people!!!!!!! bunch of motherfucking nutcases!!!!

I saw today on the TV that some chechenian terrorist want to blow off a bomb during the concert...I think she should quit and cancel the concert: one thing is to put your life in danger, and other thing is to put other people´s life in danger. I know that nobody obligue people to go to her concert, but, I don´t know :confused:

Guest northernlad

Pera have they cancelled the previous pricing? I imagine it would be a bit difficult to justify where the $935 people would go...

She should still do Helsinki sometime - Finland worships that woman.

I think that might be lined up for her next outing, as they've considered it before. Besides, she'll definately do Sweden (likely Ullevi Stadium) at least one more time before she calls it quits and she'd likely do 2 shows at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki then too, since she likes to cover related geographic areas.

I think she should quit and cancel the concert: one thing is to put your life in danger, and other thing is to put other people´s life in danger. I know that nobody obligue people to go to her concert, but, I don´t know :confused:

:manson:

some scary looking people were protesting today :

06_09_04_03_l.jpg

Is it wrong to think the second left guy HOT?! :rosey:

PUNISH me you fundaMENTAList!

Oh and it's so funny they used that Madonna pic! :D

Jeez, couldn't they have found a more recent picture? That look is so "1995." :lol:

I have to admit, I am going to be relieved when the concert here is over and she is safely in Japan.

Pera have they cancelled the previous pricing? I imagine it would be a bit difficult to justify where the $935 people would go...

They didn't say anything about cancelling previous pricing, but there were no new top price tickets on sale yesterday.

Anyway, many people aree waiting to exchange their tickets

afplive178381.jpg

afplive178395.jpg

^ I'll probably have to wait in that long line on sunday :boxing:

... and Madonna's stage equipment started to arrive yesterday :

tassphotoslive112634.jpg

tassphotoslive112635.jpg

just 6 more days left :D