THE BEAT GOES ON in US Radio

mtzlplk

At my local station, "Music" got the same reaction in a "Hit or Miss" segment, where people had to ring in and indicate whether they thought it would be a hit or a miss. Overwhelming "miss" vote....then it went on to become the 4th biggest selling single of the year in the country :)

Yes, my local radio station did the same sort of thing when it came out, instead of "hit or miss" it was "Q it or Screw it". The majority said "screw it". I'm sure a month later when it was all over MTV and radio they were dancing their asses off to it like everybody else. It seems like Madonna has been a guilty pleasure of sorts since the Erotica backlash (maybe even before that). Nobody wants to admit they like her, yet somebody besides us diehards have kept her on top for 25 years.

Yes, my local radio station did the same sort of thing when it came out, instead of "hit or miss" it was "Q it or Screw it". The majority said "screw it". I'm sure a month later when it was all over MTV and radio they were dancing their asses off to it like everybody else. It seems like Madonna has been a guilty pleasure of sorts since the Erotica backlash (maybe even before that). Nobody wants to admit they like her, yet somebody besides us diehards have kept her on top for 25 years.

But Music is indeed better than this, the Hey Mr. DJ part is LEGENDARY, there's nothing that iconic on TBGO.

But Music is indeed better than this, the Hey Mr. DJ part is LEGENDARY, there's nothing that iconic on TBGO.

Oh yes Alex! I hope my post doesn't imply that I think TBGO is equal to Music, because I don't think so. I was just making an observation in general, not neccesarily about TBGO. I've just noticed this same scenario seems to happen over and over even when she releases new stuff, whether it be brilliant or atrocious.

Guest Madlover033003

its all about "INSTRUMENTATION" on TBGO :lol:

Guest new digs

I remember quite a few people knocking "Music" when it was released. Even after it became a hit, there were still many taking pot shots at it because of the lyrics:

Hey Mister D.J., put a record on I wanna dance with my baby…when the music starts

I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazy…Music makes the people come together…I like to boogie-woogie…

Not exactly deep, clever, or meaty lyrics. Truth be told, if I wasn't a Madonna fan, I would have probably rolled my eyes at it too.

I remember when "Vogue" came out. During make it or break it in Chicago on B96, 63 percent said to break it. :lmao:

REALLY?!?!?! I have to say VOGUE is THE MADONNA song every MADONNA fan would love from first listen...

I remember people thinking Vogue was TOO GAY when it frst came out (mainly the video due to it's gay roots)

Guest Beautiful Stranger

There's nothing wrong AT ALL with the lyrics to "Music."

Its a dance pop song. The lyrics couldn't have been about child abuse or the holocaust.

It doesn't matter what we like or what we love, it's going to happen.

Phoenix's two stations, one Hot AC and one Pop played it the other day. However, I think WB is cracking down as no new spins have happened in the past couple of days.

I remember quite a few people knocking "Music" when it was released. Even after it became a hit, there were still many taking pot shots at it because of the lyrics:

Hey Mister D.J., put a record on I wanna dance with my baby…when the music starts

I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazy…Music makes the people come together…I like to boogie-woogie…

Not exactly deep, clever, or meaty lyrics. Truth be told, if I wasn't a Madonna fan, I would have probably rolled my eyes at it too.

Well, it's still a heap more intelligent than "umbrella ella ella eh eh eh..." Puhlease!!!

I think that the INSTRUMENTATION part is sooooooo cheesy!!!

Don't like it at all :gross:

That's one part I REALLY like---geez. Hopefully on the album version it will be longer and there will actually be an "instrumentation" break with cool sound effects, that would be nice.

There's nothing wrong AT ALL with the lyrics to "Music."

Its a dance pop song. The lyrics couldn't have been about child abuse or the holocaust.

AUSHWITZ MAKES THE NAZIS GET TO KNOW YOU.

AUSHWITZ MAKES THE GERMANS HATE THE JEW.

YEAH!

Guest Beautiful Stranger

It doesn't matter what we like or what we love, it's going to happen.

Phoenix's two stations, one Hot AC and one Pop played it the other day. However, I think WB is cracking down as no new spins have happened in the past couple of days.

Radio stations briefly started playing "Revenge" as if it were her new single before "Music" was officially released, its no big deal.

Its not like WB is going to be forced to make this the album's lead off singe because of huge airplay or something.

Radio stations briefly started playing "Revenge" as if it were her new single before "Music" was officially released, its no big deal.

Its not like WB is going to be forced to make this the album's lead off singe because of huge airplay or something.

Actually, radio thought "Revenge" was the theme song to "Die Another Day", not a single before "Music." It leaked in the summer of 2002. :)

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Actually, radio thought "Revenge" was the theme song to "Die Another Day", not a single before "Music." It leaked in the summer of 2002. :)

Really? My mistake. :)

I wish WB wouldn't tell the radio stations to stop playing the song - who knows, it could end up doing fairly well at radio even if it isn't a big hit.

Wait, I remember Revenge leaking in the fall of 2002 along with Like A Flower and that other Ray of Light outtake. I'm also positive that none of those 3 ROL demos came out at the same time as Music.

--Oh wait--nevermind--already noted--well aren't I a drunk bitch.

Yeah, I actually remember hearing it on an online station once and the DJ saying that it was a "fantastic song to be the them for a Bond movie."

Never mind the fact that it was utter CRAP. :|

Yup, but this was all a good two years after Music leaked. When Madonna was rumoured to have recorded a Bond theme, radio stations got their hands on the drunk bitch's Ray of Light outtakes (specifically Revenge) and started promoting it as her "new Bond single". Which ofcourse we all know now to not be true at all.

Guest new digs

I wish WB wouldn't tell the radio stations to stop playing the song - who knows, it could end up doing fairly well at radio even if it isn't a big hit.

IA. As much as Madonna's been hurting for airplay these past 4-5 years, I don't see why she or WB would stop radio from embracing one of her songs...even if it is something that was "leaked," or a track that they don't plan to put on the album. Let it be a teaser. If it garners a good response, then they could tact it on as a B-side to the first official single. If not, then they can ignore it.

I liked Revenge but I think it was due to all the excitement over getting little snippits of it at a time

Madonnas Ashram was the website wasn't it