Pussy Riot about M

Pressston

I rarely post now but i think it's important enough, from a member on tribe :

Guys this is a bit of an exclusive but not a good one. I don't know if any of you have irish tv on satellite but just on rte1 ( main tv channel here) Pussy Riot have made their first appearance since they were released from prison tonight on The Saturday Night Show . I'm kinda aghast to be honest . There was a long interview with them explaining what they stand for bla bla bla and then came the definitive question, the presenter asked " so madonna has been a big supporter of yours and she's introducing you at this big event etc , she says she is a freedom fighter , do you think she is etc".
Well it was replied with the biggest , let's call it reductiveness. They both openly laughed at the remark , made the most disrespectful stares and looks to their interpreter to which the presenter had to intervene and proclaim " let's hope for madonnas sake she's never going to see this" !!
I actually sincerely hope she doesn't see it or maybe it might be a good idea to show her. Mefears pussy riot are taking the complete piss out of her and don't rate her at all genuine. Sad really .
Sorry I'm not good at uploading stuff but I'm sure this programme will be online somewhere from tonight. It's rte Saturday night show .

and she's introducing them on stage in 3 days...

EDIT : Now we've got the video and it seems it's not that bad (as it often happens).

i posted this somewhere else too.. but yeah maybe this deserves its own topic. I think M should know and teach them a lesson. you don't fuck with madonna.

I'm confused though, I saw an interview with a documentary maker who met pussy riot and she totally disregarded (rather: made fun of) the help of yoko ono (who apparently asked them to perform with her some day?) and she led on that they were more interested in madonna.

Well, no one said they had to be fans of hers or think she's fighting for freedom of expression in the same way that they are. Although, if I was Madonna, I am not sure I'd feel like introducing someone who I stuck up for that turned around and laughed at me. But whatever, Madonna's been attacked for doing desperate things since New Years (and long before).

I don't know why exactly, but I kinda saw that reaction from Pussy Riot coming?

Anyway, M should just give them TKOD (the kiss of death) - even though they are highly unworthy of even that - and be done with it.

but didn't pussy riot publicly thank M including the father of one of the members? like I said, they seemed fine about M a while ago.

or maybe it's the "freedom fighter" thing that made them laugh. Or they just realised the mass hysteria they caused internationally and are full of themselves now & think they're above pop artists.

Guest Rachelle of London

I saw it coming too. I remember during the tour when M was in Russia and someone posted about them not being grateful for Ms help and in fact they probably saw it as a hindrence , I can't remember which member it was though

but didn't pussy riot publicly thank M including the father of one of the members? like I said, they seemed fine about M a while ago.

or maybe it's the "freedom fighter" thing that made them laugh. Or they just realised the mass hysteria they caused internationally and are full of themselves now & think they're above pop artists.

Agree with you. They think they're above.

anyway, I dont give a damn about them btches....No one will talk about them after 1 year, but we still talk about the gorgeous Madonna for 30 years- Thats a difference.

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonna's good intentions are there, and that's all that's important. if they don't like her, that's their problem.

I agree.

Madonna's good intentions are there, and that's all that's important. if they don't like her, that's their problem.

but if the public knows they mock her, the joke seems to be on her. now this is true shade.

Guest Rachelle of London

but if the public knows they mock her, the joke seems to be on her. now this is true shade.

Most of the public don't even know who they are. It's disrespectful considering M done what she did and practically brought them in the limelight but as Adreeyen said, that's their problem. Madonnas intentions are good and she's highlighted many people being imprisoned for speaking up not just Pussy Riot. m will be remembered long after their publicity dries up. I hope she looks fabulous at the concert too

Madonna should just forget about those ungrateful bitches.She brought alot of attention to their situation and this is how they thank her?? They're too stupid to realize that Madonna was on their side.

I believe that even Madonna's biggest critics will see these ungrateful bitches for what they are - ungracious cunts who think they have power after a great deal of public support and free promotion from the likes of M. Their 15 minutes of fame are up - back to dyke obscurity, drinking gatorade and wearing dungarees.

Guest Rachelle of London

Best thing for Madonna to do is show up at the concert and give a great speech. Pussy Root are just a small blip on social injustice cases worldwide.

Of course they seemed fine about M. But back then they were in jail, so they were the humble victims wrongfully accused. At that time, anything and anyone that could have brought attention over their situation (i.e. get them out of jail ASAP) was welcome. They may not be fans, but Madonna is a BIG name when it comes to attention from the media.

It's not like Madonna herself got them out of jail, so it's not like they owe her something, but a small ammount of gratitude towards somebody who made an effort and defended them and supported their cause would have been nice, even if they genuinely don't like Madonna as an artist or anything else.

But hey! Madonna ain't gonna lose sleep over some wannabe punk rock rebelious chicks from Russia not saying "thank you".

well i guess she could say publicly about not caring whether they like her or not, that it's the cause/the situation in russia that's wrong and needed to change.. something like that. otherwise it seems like such a mockery for M

I'd read an interview with the one that was freed first several months ago and Madonna was mentioned but she didn't seem impressed by the support from her. A shame but I can understand how they may feel like its a bandwagon. Things are pretty bad in Russia but I still think they should be grateful god any support.

The international furore must have helped secure their release.