What's your least favorite opening song on a M's album?

TearsInHeaven

120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your least favorite opening song on a M's album?

• Lucky Star
    • Material Girl
    • Papa Don't Preach
    • LIke a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Survival
    • Drowned World (My Substitute for Love)
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Hung Up
    • Candy Shop
    • Girl Gone Wild

What's M's worst album opener?

Mine is Candy Shop, followed closely by Survival. Although i do like both of the songs i think they pale in comparison to other openers such us DWMSFL and HU. They both lack a bit of personality and groove.

Share your opinions!

Poor Survival. That song is great! For me it's CS. GGW was a close second, but the intro saves it and makes it a great start to the album. CS just sounds like a fucking demo - hell, it IS the demo.

Poor Survival. That song is great! For me it's CS. GGW was a close second, but the intro saves it and makes it a great start to the album. CS just sounds like a fucking demo - hell, it IS the demo.

hahahaah. The only thing i like about CS is the magnificient live rendition in MDNA Tour.

Papa Don't Preach is my least favorite. I hardly listen to the song. GGW continues to be a excellent dance song, but I think the prayer opening is so silly & cheesy. AL song has not aged well, but at least it's somewhat experimental & different from other pop crap.

Favorites by far are Erotica, DW, HU, & Music

Survival... even if I didn't like the others (to be honest I love all of them she has a knack for great openers) it just doesn't work as an opener, it feels flat and boring compared to the rest of the album which is full of beautiful, interesting moments.

Don't remember Survival at all so I'd say it's that one since I never bothered to listen to it twice. Besides, What are my other choices?? LAP, Hung Up, Music, Erotica?? LOL.. yeah it's "Survival."

You people voting for "Survival" and "Drowned World" deserve swift smacks upside the head. Fantastic songs that perfectly represent the albums they're introducing, both musically and thematically.

I voted "Girl Gone Wild."

"MDNA" is a great break-up record -- she is angry, hurt, spiteful, sorry -- and "Girl Gone Wild" touches on exactly none of that. On top of that, "GGW" is just weak. It's a generic dance track that could have been recorded by pretty much any artist. (It seems particularly Britney-esque.)

Now, "Gang Bang" or "I'm Addicted" -- they'd have made spectacular openers for "MDNA."

Girl Gone Wild. It starts out with an intro that makes you think "Omg that album's gonna be killer!", but after the 30 second mark that quickly changes to "WTF this is some generic shit!!!". And the worst thing is, it doesn't represent the album's sound, theme and lyrics AT ALL. MDNA is not filled with dance songs, and even less with dance songs containing mediocre production and shallow lyrics.

You people voting for "Survival" and "Drowned World" deserve swift smacks upside the head. Fantastic songs that perfectly represent the albums they're introducing, both musically and thematically.

I voted "Girl Gone Wild."

"MDNA" is a great break-up record -- she is angry, hurt, spiteful, sorry -- and "Girl Gone Wild" touches on exactly none of that. On top of that, "GGW" is just weak. It's a generic dance track that could have been recorded by pretty much any artist. (It seems particularly Britney-esque.)

Now, "Gang Bang" or "I'm Addicted" -- they'd have made spectacular openers for "MDNA."

I was considering GGW for the exact reasons you mentioned, plus it's rather weak as far as M songs go. Also agree that ppl who pick Drowned World should be smacked LOL. It's like they make jaw-dropping choices to deviate from the crowd, which is something I usually admire. But, come on, sometimes it's just plain ridiculousness.

Papa Don't Preach is my least favorite. ..

What?