waste of space

CMoody

Madonna: "End the me, me, me syndrome....Decrease your ego...."

-Spends the previous year immaturely jabbing Lady Gaga and allowing fans to wait hours before show starts with zero explanation or apology. :huh:

Madonna: "End the me, me, me syndrome....Decrease your ego...."

-Spends the previous year immaturely jabbing Lady Gaga and allowing fans to wait hours before show starts with zero explanation or apology. :huh:

i'm sure it all makes sense in her head. whatever.

i'm sure it all makes sense in her head. whatever.

I am sure it does. I think it's more of a "do as I say, not as I do" kinda thing :lol: Who cares, I love it when she's a mega diva, so the whole "no ego" BS she has been obsessed with the past decade has always been very amusing to me. Her massive ego is WHY she is MADONNA.

I know, it's so annoying.

It is...and that is why I keep talking about it :wink:/>

As the great Madonna once said: "Speak the truth, shame the devil.....(even if it makes you a total hypocrite)"

Last bit I added :kiss:

But I have long learned around here that unless it's blind adoration, it's best to say nothing at all....:turns off mic, heads to MTribe:

Oh wait, it's not blind adoration, it's just repetitive observations...well, she started it by posting that Kabbalah blurb.

To me, it's as laughable as if Honey Boo Boo posted an Instagram pic that said "GO VEGAN"....

I don't think being late or supposedly throwing jabs has anything to do with ego. I have a consistant problem being on time and I do defend myself when someone tries to humiliate me. I can tell you my ego is not very big.

I saw a lot of jabs thrown at Madonna but from her out of no where for no reason comments towards people who have done nothing to her? No I haven't seen that. I can count one possible one but it was within her right to do so.

Edited by Larkspur

IMO, being late for things is completely ego-driven. The idea that your time is more valuable than someone else's. You may not be consciously thinking to yourself "I don't mind making him/her wait, he/she doesn't have anything better to do anyway", but that is essential what you're doing. Life is short, people are busy. They should never have to spend their precious time waiting for you.

^^ Well then I must be the only person in the world who is always late who thinks very little of herself. In fact I think it's egotistic for people to think that a problem someone has with being on time is about them.

Edited by Larkspur

I don't think being late or supposedly throwing jabs has anything to do with ego. I have a consistant problem being on time and I do defend myself when someone tries to humiliate me. I can tell you my ego is not very big.

I saw a lot of jabs thrown at Madonna but from her out of no where for no reason comments towards people who have done nothing to her? No I haven't seen that. I can count one possible one but it was within her right to do so.

Post 11 pm show starts on an 8pm ticket with no explanation, no apology, no acknowledgement of the disrespect (despite the venue booing before the show) to MOST people says: "I don't give a shit, it's about ME, I am worth the wait so sit there and take it." To me, and MOST people, that's 100% EGO.

IMO, being late for things is completely ego-driven. The idea that your time is more valuable than someone else's. You may not be consciously thinking to yourself "I don't mind making him/her wait, he/she doesn't have anything better to do anyway", but that is essential what you're doing. Life is short, people are busy. They should never have to spend their precious time waiting for you.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Post 11 pm show starts on an 8pm ticket with no explanation, no apology, no acknowledgement of the disrespect (despite the venue booing before the show) to MOST people says: "I don't give a shit, it's about ME, I am worth the wait so sit there and take it." To me, and MOST people, that's 100% EGO.

Well that's their egos talking. She hasn't given an explanation so everyone automatically goes there. They think about themselves first. It can't possibly be anything else.

^^ Well then I must be the only person in the world who is always late who thinks very little of herself. In fact I think it's egotistic for people to think that a problem someone has with being on time is about them.

When you're sitting around waiting for someone for an extended period of time, who is late for something that was pre-arranged at a specific time, it's a little hard not to take it personally. What that has to do with ego, I'll never know. Even if the person who is late is so self-involved that they can't consider the fact the others are being affected, the fact is that they are.

Well that's their egos talking. She hasn't given an explanation so everyone automatically goes there. They think about themselves first. It can't possibly be anything else.

If it was anything else, she'd have acknowledged it. She is fully aware that she is making people wait for hours.

Not bashing Madonna here... just sayin'.

nobody said destroying the ego was easy, if Madonna would have destroyed it already she would be enlightened, it's the goal of every spirtiualist out there

:thumbsup:

I guess I'll die another day

nobody said destroying the ego was easy, if Madonna would have destroyed it already she would be enlightened, it's the goal of every spirtiualist out there

True dat!

Well the best thing for me to do when I give my opinion is give it, maybe make a couple posts and then stop because I have learned that the majority of people rarely entertain possibilties. They think everything is set in stone and they judge usually based on what they see hear and taste. Like I said a couple of posts and then I let it go because it's like running into brick walls.

If it was anything else, she'd have acknowledged it. She is fully aware that she is making people wait for hours.

Not bashing Madonna here... just sayin'.

Right. She hears the boos, she knows it's an issue, yet it was never addressed (she spoke of it briefly on Ellen, but her reasoning was vague and self-justified, certainly not remotely apologetic)..... if you respect your audience and your tardiness has become an issue, you adjust your schedule or at least explain or apologize at least some point on stage. I thought the empty seats in Miami would have alerted her that people aren't going to put up with it, but apparently it had no effect as the South American dates had just as late (if not later) show starts.

Regardless, I know everyone does not want another "late show start" debate, but it is relevant to this post. I just find it so ironic when she talks about these things when her behavior states the complete opposite.

Get over it already. If you don't like that she's late, you have the option to leave. If anyone else doesn't like that she's late, they have the option to leave. And if next tour, she plays to severely smaller crowds cuz of her late reputation and she flops, that will be her own fault and she will suffer, not any fan.

Right. She hears the boos, she knows it's an issue, yet it was never addressed (she spoke of it briefly on Ellen, but her reasoning was vague and self-justified, certainly not remotely apologetic)..... if you respect your audience and your tardiness has become an issue, you adjust your schedule or at least explain or apologize at least some point on stage. I thought the empty seats in Miami would have alerted her that people aren't going to put up with it, but apparently it had no effect as the South American dates had just as late (if not later) show starts.

Regardless, I know everyone does not want another "late show start" debate, but it is relevant to this post. I just find it so ironic when she talks about these things when her behavior states the complete opposite.

lateness was probably to drive sales of food drink tshirts etc before show, maybe something in her LN contract? If that's the case she certainly isn't going to tell you that lol. It was never an issue on past tours so obviously something was in place for this one for whatever reason.

Get over it already. If you don't like that she's late, you have the option to leave. If anyone else doesn't like that she's late, they have the option to leave. And if next tour, she plays to severely smaller crowds cuz of her late reputation and she flops, that will be her own fault and she will suffer, not any fan.

Well said.