Madonna in the Dolce & Gabbana campaign: the images

Bitch

Madonna in the Dolce & Gabbana campaign: the images

madonna710x305.jpg

| posted Dec 16, 2009

Exclusive in this week's Italian edition of Vanity Fair is the worldwide preview of Dolce & Gabbana's new spring/summer 2010 campaign featuring pop icon Madonna.

Madonna's private life is seldom out of the papers but this new Dolce & Gabbana campaign is unlike anything you have seen before. Exit the paparazzo, these shots are by Steven Klein no less; revealing much more than a grainy stolen picture, they showcase an intimate, more real aspect to the ultimate icon's life.

MadonnaVFInside1.jpg

Madonna features in the new spring/summer 2010 Dolce & Gabbana campaign courtesy of Vanity Fair Italy

In keeping with Dolce & Gabbana's Spring/Summer 2010 collection's emphasis on Mediterranean heritage and classic Italian sensuality, the mood isn't unlike a film from the days of Italian Neorealism. Madonna herself recalls the strong, raw sensuality of the iconic actress Anna Magnani - showcasing when soft sensuality meets bold authenticity.

MadonnaVFInside2.jpg

Madonna shot by Steven Klein features in the new Dolce & Gabbana ad campaign inspired by Italian Neorealism cinema.

In the Vanity Fair Italy feature, Stefano Gabbana discusses the campaign and why Madonna was the perfect match: "She loved the collection," he says, "...she is passionate and impressively knowledgeable about Italian cinema," (Monica is Vitti her favourite actress and we see the resemblance)."

When asked as to whether Madonna knows how to wash dishes, Stefano Gabbana replies "Certainly...she's a very practical woman..." And does she actually eat spaghetti despite her most enviable figure? "Of course, says Stefano, and she can allow herself too with all the exercise she does!"

MadonnaVFInside3.jpg

Madonna reveals a unique intimate side in these new campaign images from Dolce & Gabbana.

For more on the new issue of Vanity Fair Italy click here.

Read more about Dolce & Gabbana, Madonna and the ad campaign shoot at

www.swide.com/MadonnaDolce&Gabbana.

Source: Vanity Fair Italy

Photo credits: Steven Klein for Dolce & Gabbana - courtesy of Vanity Fair Italy

Guest boytoyville

She looks wonderful. I love how all the major fashion houses still are in love with her and her image. She is a true fashion icon.

is she wearing a wig?

I like them just didnt expect black and white. the looks sorta seems a cross between 1991 and STR

No, don't think it is. The hair styled similar like to the 'Nine' premier.

I especially love the one where she's washing the dishes.

defnitely one of her best shoots ever, and thank fuck she aint airbrushed to death like those shitty LV pics. who took the LV pics was it Meisel who everyone was pissing their pants over whilst saying Klein was shit? hmmm

Guest jordywind

i think they look really lovely but they arent anything special if honest!! i was expecting alil more thinkin about previous dolce and gabbana ads!! hmmm shame x

She looks great.

She is one of the most photogenic people on the planet.

Would like to see shots like that for her next album - a less polished, more rough'n'ready Madonna!