Cher on Madonna (Twitter, interviews, etc.)

elijah

Cher has worked long and hard enough and has had so many achievements she does not need to concern herself with what some random online fag thinks.

What is it with Cher and all the Madonna praising lately? :))

Maybe she's always appreciated her and has been quite envy of her. I know that sounds a bit strange since we're talking about Cher, who did it all herself and then some. When she commented (not so nicely in the earlier 90's), I felt a bit of envy coming from her. I felt like she was hoping to buddy up with Madonna and she felt Madonna snubbed her.

But yeah, that's obviously buried and under the bridge. People change.

Go and post on a Kate bush forum then...

According to your posts it seems like Madonna is the only one who's got talent. Barbra, Cher and other female icons don't matter.... If some musicians don't make catchy songs it doesn't mean they suck and their music is irelevant.

Edited by mangapop

According to your posts it seems like Madonna is the only one who's got talent. Barbra, Cher and other female icons don't matter.... If some musicians don't make catchy songs it doesn't mean they suck and their music is irelevant.

Kate Bush made catchy pop songs and so did Barbra and Cher. That means fuck all either way when it comes to creative genius. I think Kate Bush is a great artist and I like her music but putting her on this pedestal is naive and delusional. She's a mainstream artist. Therefore she is POP. Sorry if that's hard for you to deal with but it's a fact.

Kate Bush made catchy pop songs and so did Barbra and Cher. That means fuck all either way when it comes to creative genius. I think Kate Bush is a great artist and I like her music but putting her on this pedestal is naive and delusional. She's a mainstream artist. Therefore she is POP. Sorry if that's hard for you to deal with but it's a fact.

Well their catchy songs aren't the same catchy songs what other singers are doing now. Kate Bush is art rock artist.

Well which female artist is genius?

Well their catchy songs aren't the same catchy songs what other singers are doing now. Kate Bush is art rock artist.

Well which female artist is genius?

Kate Bush is a pop star. End. She is not an art rock artist (there's no such thing). She is an artist belonging to a huge record label, played on mainstream radio and other media and promoted within the general public. The only reason you think she's something else is because she is not exposed to the youth of today as she was exposed to the youth of the eighties. How old are you? A genius musician? That's a very subjective and pointless question but musically neither Madonna or Kate Bush or geniuses despite their huge skill.

I'm not sure why we are arguing about Kate Bush in this thread, but... Kate Bush is NOT a "pop star", nor was she in the 80's. She's always been referred as an "alternative and progressive rock" artist and was only mainstream to that genre... usually geared towards college students particularly in the 80's... and onwards. She was also one of the first to embrace videos even before the MTV generation. She usually made sophisticated videos before most were doing them. And yes, "ART ROCK" does exist which she has been categorized under....

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/36651/art-rock

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/art-rock

http://www.allmusic.com/subgenre/art-rock-ma0000002431

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_rock

I'm not sure why we are arguing about Kate Bush in this thread, but... Kate Bush is NOT a "pop star", nor was she in the 80's. She's always been referred as an "alternative and progressive rock" artist and was only mainstream to that genre... usually geared towards college students particularly in the 80's... and onwards. She was also one of the first to embrace videos even before the MTV generation. She usually made sophisticated videos before most were doing them. And yes, "ART ROCK" does exist which she has been categorized under....

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/36651/art-rock

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/art-rock

http://www.allmusic.com/subgenre/art-rock-ma0000002431

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_rock

First of all I am English (the same country Kate is from) and here she is considered a mainstream artist. She is featured in popular publication and popular media. She is a pop artist. That's the end of that. Art rock is a genre but there's no such thing as an art rock artist. The term would be art rocker. :doh: She is more closely related to progressive rock sonically but it is not a genre that Kate belongs to entirely. Her influences are varied and yet somewhat ambiguous. Genres are fucking pointless anyway and were only designed to MARKET music. The genre of ART ROCK itself is actually rather hypocritical. Somebody willing to extend limitations by defining themselves with a genre? Well, most decent artists can't define themselves that way and it's up to record labels to promote such terms because they appeal to the lowest common denominator record buyer with a small mind. Kate Bush performed on Top of the Pops like four or five times, didn't she? She's a pop artist. It's not up for discussion.

First of all I am English (the same country Kate is from) and here she is considered a mainstream artist. She is featured in popular publication and popular media. She is a pop artist. That's the end of that. Art rock is a genre but there's no such thing as an art rock artist. The term would be art rocker. :doh: She is more closely related to progressive rock sonically but it is not a genre that Kate belongs to entirely. Her influences are varied and yet somewhat ambiguous. Genres are fucking pointless anyway and were only designed to MARKET music. The genre of ART ROCK itself is actually rather hypocritical. Somebody willing to extend limitations by defining themselves with a genre? Well, most decent artists can't define themselves that way and it's up to record labels to promote such terms because they appeal to the lowest common denominator record buyer with a small mind. Kate Bush performed on Top of the Pops like four or five times, didn't she? She's a pop artist. It's not up for discussion.

Good gawd. You have to so confrontational and RIGHT all the time. No room for discussion because whatever you discuss you're right and no one else isn't. Not only that, you must always insert a dig or a personal insult as well. :electropop:

by the way, you're full of shit! THE END (period)!

Good gawd. You have to so confrontational and RIGHT all the time. No room for discussion because whatever you discuss you're right and no one else isn't. Not only that, you must always insert a dig or a personal insult as well. :electropop:

You just now figured that out? ;)

No one else isn't? You do realise that makes absolutely no sense...right? You also realise the hypocrisy of what you just said, right?

Cher has a low IQ, Madonna has a high IQ, but Kate Bush is a fucking Genius ( whether you like it or not!!!). For a 16 year old girl to write the lyrics and music to wuthering heights ( let alone her whole debut album) is pure genius! Name me one other 16 year old to accomplish this ( and don't say Debbie Gibson or Tanita Tikatam because they are both junkie whores).

Like Bjork, Kate is an alternative artist who just happens to have had success on the charts! This does not make her or her music Mainstream!

P.s I already saw Cher's new album in the bargain bin :)

You think so because you like more catchy commercial crap.

Oh just shut up already. If you think catchy commercial music is "crap" then why are you a Madonna fan? Do you know that quite a few of her albums are made of catchy commercial music? I bet you think it's "crap" right?

This thread is fucking depressing. Let's not turn this place into Exhale guys.

Oh just shut up already. If you think catchy commercial music is "crap" then why are you a Madonna fan? Do you know that quite a few of her albums are made of catchy commercial music? I bet you think it's "crap" right?

This thread is fucking depressing. Let's not turn this place into Exhale guys.

The only Madonna album I think is crap and too much commerical is Hard Candy.

p.s I don't think taht catchy commercial is always crap, but there is a lot of crap in the 21th century.

Anyway, I replied to Trevchambers, who said: "Kate Bush is shitty brit singer. 2 good songs maybe." Which isn't truth.

I would say the same thing if some person would say that Madonna is shitty singer and has a few good songs....

The only Madonna album I think is crap and too much commerical is Hard Candy.

p.s I don't think taht catchy commercial is always crap, but there is a lot of crap in the 21th century.

Anyway, I replied to Trevchambers, who said: "Kate Bush is shitty brit singer. 2 good songs maybe." Which isn't truth.

I would say the same thing if some person would say that Madonna is shitty singer and has a few good songs....

Ok i see your point. Ignore what i say on the other topic, i talked too fast (even if the bandwagon hate on the Hard Candy album is becoming more and more annoying).