Todd In The Shadows: Cinemadonna

That was accurate. I do love the movie and it is slow and makes no sense and it's funny how it's all a bit serious as a matter of fact instead of comedic. Like he said, it just captures the early original Madonna personality that burst into popular culture and that, I'm itself, is what keeps in people's memories more than anything else.

Oh god, Shanghai is next! :dead:

I'm REALLY looking forward to that one.

I bet he's going to give decent reviews to Dick Tracy, Evita and A League (or at least I hope he does...I love her in those...)and I'm curious to see if he's going to do the minimoys and/or filth and wisdom and w.e. ....he did say all her movies, no exceptions.

I also wonder if he's going to give body of evidence an ok review for being so bad and camp that it was actually watchable.

To any young Madonna fans out there who have not seen Desperately Seeking Susan, I beg of you not to watch this review before you watch the movie yourself. I respect it is his opinion but he really put a downer on the whole experience. It was just not his type of movie at all and his disdain for it was too obvious. I don't care what anyone says, Desperately Seeking Susan was to me an incredible movie and I think it holds up beautifully today and captures the 80's as well. I did not find it slow or mundane at all. I definitely don't agree that it needed more slapstick - that would have spoilt in to me - and feel that both Rosanna and Madonna's characters were brilliant. Plus, hate reviews where they basically tell you the entire plot in a cynical manner. Some of Madonna's movies are awful but this one I loved.