Her albums with the perfect tracklist in your opinion?

mnino

Yes! I can start topics!

So, as many of you probably do, I tend to rearrange tracks of Madonna albums to flow better in my opinion. However, there are three categories of albums I noticed:

1. The ones that need considerable shuffling

2. The ones in which one song sticks out and needs a new place

3. The ones that I can't find any way to improve the sequencing.

Using these three categories, I have divided her album discography this way:

1. Needs re-shuffling

MDNA

HC

AL

Music

TB

Erotica

2. Only one song needs to be moved

LAP

Madonna

BS

3. Perfection

ROL

COADF

LAV

So, these three albums have a perfect tracklist sequence in my opinion. What albums do you think flow perfectly?

Public Announcement: For those who undoubtedly will cry foul, not liking a particular album tracklist does not make one any less of a fan.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

agreed about ROL, LAP and Confessions. I would also add AL, Erotica (my edition doesn't have Did You Crap on the Carpet?) and Madonna to that list. On the other side of the spectrum, my MDNA and HC have been considerably reshuffled. :)

agreed about ROL, LAP and Confessions. I would also add AL, Erotica (my edition doesn't have Did You Crap on the Carpet?) and Madonna to that list. On the other side of the spectrum, my MDNA and HC have been considerably reshuffled. :)

LAP, Bedtime Stories and Madonna have only one song that I would have moved but overall I agree that they flow (almost) perfectly too.

I think ROL is the only album that, to me, doesn't need to be changed ir a song talen out. AL, as much as I love it, has I'm so stupid which I seldom listen to; COAD has Push and Jump and Music has Runaway Lover. The rest need to be reshuffled or converted to an EP :p

Guest Peter1984

Agree that perfect albums are: LAV, COADF and RoL. "MDNA" is specific album. My dream tracklist is: 1/ GGw, 2. Gang Bang, 3. I'm Addicted, 4. TUTR, 5. Beutifull Killer, 6 Some Girls with other arrangement, 7. B-day Song, GMAYL LMFAO remix, 8. Masterpiece, 9 FF, 10. Best friend. No deluxe version.

COADF, COADF, COADF. By far my favourite album to listen to from start to finish.

ROL, American Life, Bedtime Stories, Like A Virgin and LAP all have a pretty consistent tracklist as well. To some point Hard Candy, Music and True Blue as well.

In my opinion, her debut flows perfectly as well, there's just a song I would have totally left out (I Know It), but besides that, it doesn't need any reshuffling at all.

Same with Erotica, skip a few songs and then it flows nicely too.

Honestly, all M albums have a good consistent flow, besides maybe MDNA which does need quite a bit of reshuffling indeed. 9 up-tempo songs being followed up by 3 mid- / low tempo songs make it quite exhausting to listen to, and the 3 deluxe tracks added on to the end destroy the flow even more. The album feels finished after Falling Free. Anyway, here I go again criticizing MDNA even though I actually like the album, so to end it on a postive note, it still flows much better than most other current pop artists' albums.

Guest Peter1984

MDNA needs to change tracklist. Maybe an unreleased songs are better? In my opinion this album was made too fast.

Edited by Peter1984

ROL would be perfect but to this day I can't accept the fact that they did not include Has To Be. But that's another story. :)

I believe COADF has the perfect track list even though one might argue that I Love New York feels out of place. I don't think so, it's the right 'break' after 4 flawless songs which kick off the album. You need time to digest the amazingness and prepare yourself for some other highlights.

Hard Candy flows pretty well, too. As for MDNA - as someone said before, you cannot rearrange a collection of songs which sound so different from each other, so I'm fine with it.

Music is a mess, tbh.

ROL is my choice.

TB would've been it but White Heat stands out in a not good way. AL hits a low in XStatic. It's a nice song but it's very underwhelming compared to the others. HC is ruined by Voices :lol: COADF is tough to categorize. Somehow I feel the tracklist is perfect but I feel something is off and I can't pinpoint it.

COADF, COADF, COADF. By far my favourite album to listen to from start to finish.

ROL, American Life, Bedtime Stories, Like A Virgin and LAP all have a pretty consistent tracklist as well. To some point Hard Candy, Music and True Blue as well.

In my opinion, her debut flows perfectly as well, there's just a song I would have totally left out (I Know It), but besides that, it doesn't need any reshuffling at all.

Same with Erotica, skip a few songs and then it flows nicely too.

Honestly, all M albums have a good consistent flow, besides maybe MDNA which does need quite a bit of reshuffling indeed. 9 up-tempo songs being followed up by 3 mid- / low tempo songs make it quite exhausting to listen to, and the 3 deluxe tracks added on to the end destroy the flow even more. The album feels finished after Falling Free. Anyway, here I go again criticizing MDNA even though I actually like the album, so to end it on a postive note, it still flows much better than most other current pop artists' albums.

Yes about the bonus tracks. Unlike Has To Be, American Pie, Super Pop, It's So Cool, and the other one who complements the album and the standard closer, the MDNA deluxe tracks feel very slapped on.

I can listen to most of her albums w/out being bothered by a weird transition between songs, maybe because i got used to them, except for MDNA (which i musically really enjoy) so i changed the tracklisting in my digital version of the album like this:

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Some Girls

I Don't Give A

I Fucked Up

Turn Up The Radio

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

Love Spent

Best Friend

Falling Free

Most of it is the same as the original one that was first announced and then I took GMAYL, Superstar and Masterpiece and added BK, IFU and BS so it could flow better following a more "dark" pattern (exept for the TUTR-BK-IAS segment that is more "light"). And I know that TUTR after IFU could be weird, but it's like the end of the A-side and the beginning of the B-side for me :)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I can listen to most of her albums w/out being bothered by a weird transition between songs, maybe because i got used to them, except for MDNA (which i musically really enjoy) so i changed the tracklisting in my digital version of the album like this:

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

I'm Addicted

Some Girls

I Don't Give A

I Fucked Up

Turn Up The Radio

Beautiful Killer

I'm A Sinner

Love Spent

Best Friend

Falling Free

Most of it is the same as the original one that was first announced and then I took GMAYL, Superstar and Masterpiece and added BK, IFU and BS so it could flow better following a more "dark" pattern (exept for the TUTR-BK-IAS segment that is more "light"). And I know that TUTR after IFU could be weird, but it's like the end of the A-side and the beginning of the B-side for me :)

I like it :thumbsup:

Although mine looks like this :

Love Spent

I'm Addicted

Give Me All Your Luvin' (demo without annoying guests)

Turn Up The Radio

Some Girls

I'm a Sinner

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

Best Fried/Heartbeat (tour studio version)

Falling Free

Masterpiece

I actually love the album like that :vogue:

I removed these songs from their respective albums:

"I Know It"

"Jimmy Jimmy"

"Love Makes the World Go Round"

"Cry Baby" (who the fuck listens to THIS or even remembers it :lol:)

"I'd Rather Be Your Lover"
"Don't Stop"

"Voices" :lmao:

To me, they are not essential. Now let's see how I modified her albums:

MADONNA

01 Lucky Star

02 Borderline

03 Burning Up

04 Ain’t No Big Deal (replacing I Know It)

05 Holiday

06 Think of Me

07 Physical Attraction

08 Everybody

LIKE A VIRGIN

01 Material Girl

02 Angel

03 Like a Virgin

04 Over and Over

05 Crazy for You

06 Gambler

07 Love Don’t Live Here Anymore

08 Into the Groove

09 Dress You Up

10 Shoo-Bee-Doo

11 Pretender

12 Stay

TRUE BLUE

01 Papa Don’t Preach

02 Open Your Heart

03 White Heat

04 Live to Tell

05 Where’s the Party

06 True Blue

07 Causing a Commotion

08 The Look of Love

09 Spotlight

10 La Isla Bonita

LIKE A PRAYER

Nothing to change :thumbsup:

EROTICA

01 Erotica

02 Fever (Video Remix)

03 Bye-Bye Baby

04 Deeper and Deeper

05 Where Life Begins

06 Bad Girl

07 Waiting

08 Thief of Hearts

09 Words

10 Rain

11 Why’s It So Hard

12 In This Life

13 Goodbye to Innocence

14 Did You Do It?

15 Secret Garden

BEDTIME STORIES

01 Survival

02 Secret

03 Your Honesty (replacing I'd Rather Be Your Lover and Don't Stop as well)

04 Inside of Me

05 Human Nature

06 Forbidden Love

07 Love Tried to Welcome Me

08 Sanctuary

09 Bedtime Story

10 Take a Bow

RAY OF LIGHT

01 Drowned World/Substitute for Love

02 Swim

03 Ray of Light

04 Candy Perfume Girl

05 Skin

06 Nothing Really Matters

07 Sky Fits Heaven

08 Ashtangi

09 Frozen

10 The Power of Good-Bye

11 To Have and Not to Hold

12 Little Star

13 Has to Be

14 Mer Girl

MUSIC

Nothing to change :thumbsup: (and I don't accept "American Pie" to close it, no)

AMERICAN LIFE

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

HARD CANDY

01 Candy Shop

02 4 Minutes

03 Miles Away

04 Give It 2 Me

05 Heartbeat

06 Animal Instinct

07 She’s Not Me

08 Beat Goes On

09 Incredible

10 Dance 2night

11 Across the Sky

12 Spanish Lesson

13 Latte

13 Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You

MDNA

01 Girl Gone Wild

02 Gang Bang

03 I’m Addicted

04 Turn Up the Radio

05 Give Me All Your Luvin’

06 Some Girls

07 Superstar

08 I Don’t Give A

09 I’m a Sinner

10 Beautiful Killer

11 Best Friend

12 Love Spent

13 Masterpiece

14 Falling Free

Hard Candy and MDNA changed the most in terms of the song ordering.

I like what you did there although 'Cyberraga', 'Let Down Your Guard' and 'Fighting Spirit' need some love as well if you're including bonus tracks. They ARE essential.

I LOVE "Cyberraga" and "Let Down Your Guard", and to me, they are absolutely perfect as B-sides. "Fighting Spirit" is a very good song and it is on my copy of COADF so yes, nothing to change :yes:

From Music I would like to delete: "Runaway Lovers" and "Impressive Instant" very weak songs.

i m very tolerante person but bulshit is a bulshit.

if there is one week song on Music then it is Nobody s Perfect. i never relate with it. vocader really stretch to much. on the other hand runaway lover and impressive instant are AMAZING - shame RL didnt get in on DWT. i hope we ll have a chance to see it again in the future.

voices is ALSO very nice

i dont know

sure....there are some songs that never should happen if you ask me but on the other hand some people love them so i m glad they found their way.

madonna is perfect pop artist couse she doesent put bulshits on albums to fill them. i really really rescpect that. it is not singles and some songs that find themself on album by accident.

even stupid ILNY or birthdy shitty happy song are there with reason...and fine.

I LOVE MADONNA