When Ruby met Madonna

XXL

And here Ruby recently deconstructing that interview speaking to the British Insurance Brokers' Association

I let her go with her agenda and I was not in the room, I was gone, I had already left. I didn't stop and said "there's 25 people around this bed, I can't do this interview"........ as I continued I got more and more aggressive: yes you should see a therapist, yes I have a therapist. She talked about herself as being like Pricess Diana. Can you imagine if I had laid back and said "oh tell me your resemblance to Princess Diana".

That would have been great because she clearly believes she is Princess Diana. Once I had started treating her like the Queen she is I could have made a sale. Instead she never looked at me again, I looked like an idiot and I turned into an 8-year-old child, there was no sale. That was me being overtaken by stress. Do you see how this ties up to our conversation?
As a leader it was my responsibility to create the atmosphere, I could make it toxic or I could make it such a great environment that this person will give me the keys to their car, they'll marry me or they'll buy whatever it is I'm selling

She still complaining about this?

That interview was actually pretty good. M was her mid-90s self at the time, but you can see how relaxed and funny she is. Ruby was just too intimidated and couldn't loosen up...and seems she's never gotten over it.

Let it go already woman...

Guest bluejean

I don't think the interview was bad from a viewers perspective but I can see the point she is making. Madonna was completely in charge and a good interviewer doesn't allow the subject to take over like that. She didn't really have Madonna's respect at all. But it is Madonna and alot of these interviewers particularly from outside of the US get intimidated by the Queen. It sounds like alot of it had to do with all the demands Madonna made with her own camera crew and entire team surrounding them. That really set Ruby up to feel totally overwhelmed and not in control by the sounds of it.

I never cared for this interview

Maybe because it was shown on a Sunday night and I had school the next day. Whatever

The problem with the interview is that Ruby doesn't know how to listen to others.

I mean all these years she's been reliving this interview in her head and she thinks she would have gotten a great interview by asking how Madonna is similar to Princess Diana and that she should have treated Madonna like the queen she thought she was?

Madonna says right there in the interview she thinks there are a lot of differences between her and Diana. She wasn't asking to be treated like a queen, and it seems Madonna respects people more when they don't treat her that way. Ruby came across to me as though she had a pre conceived idea of who Madonna was and that she was going to get Madonna to admit to her preconceived notions through a line of leading question i.e that one about the therapist.

I'm not confident Ruby would be able to get a good interview even with a second chance at it and all this time spent reliving it and I don't fully think she understands where she went wrong.

I also think the only reason she showed this was to brag that she'd interviewed Madonna.

I'm a journalist & all I can say is poor Ruby and her lack of skills. She got fired from the BBC then fell in2 a depression

and now earns a living by doing seminars 4 insurance companies.

is she really talking about something that happened 20 years ago? And this woman is famous? Because not even me, a poor journalist, would talk about something that happened 5 years ago, imagine 20 years ago, even if it were Madonna.

At the time it didnt seem so bad. M looked great, bedtime stories blonde and terrific abs. They both talked very fast, it was funny and there were many subjects. they were going through her purse and it was just interesting to watch.

But maybe Ruby wanted to recreate the imelda marcos thing, which is of course no possible

One thing I noticed was Madonna was laughing in a very peculiar wicked way.