Working on a repackaging/revision of GHV2

MPowered

Oh and before I forget it, I'm actually working on a repackaging/new version of GHV2. I actually had to chuckle :chuckle: a bit, because I saw you called your collection "The Second Coming", which is what I did with my GHV2 album, as well. Here's a preview of what I'm working on:

I think the release of it should've coincided with the release of the DWT DVD and in order to promote both products they should kinda relate to each other, if you know what I mean.

I wanted the design of this CD to be reminiscent of the Geisha section from the tour, because I think it was the most eye-catching from DWT. I also included Paradise as the "new song" and thought it would've been really cool to have the video of it somehow included on the CD. The single of GHV2 would've been a double A-side release of the GHV2 megamix and Paradise.

It's not finished, yet:

Front493c.png

Booklet11ee7.png

Booklet2c4b2.png

Booklet310f8.png

Tracklist:

With the tracklist I did not focus on her "hits" only but on her most memorable songs from 1993-2001. If I would've focused on her hits, then no one would've bought STR and we can't let that happen tbh. :chuckle:

001 "Erotica" [Radio Edit] 4:33

002 "Bad Girl" [Edit Mix] 4:46

003 "Human Nature" 4:31

004 "Don't Tell Me" [Radio Edit] 4:11

005 "What It Feels Like for a Girl" [Radio Edit] 4:03

006 "Secret" [Edit] 4:32

007 "Rain" [Remix Edit] 4:17

008 "Ray of Light" [Edit] 4:36

009 "Beautiful Stranger" [WO Radio Edit] 3:58

010 "Music" [Edit] 3:45

011 "Deeper and Deeper" [7'' Edit] 4:54

012 "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" [Miami Mix Edit] 4:32

013 "You'll See" [Edit] 4:19

014 "Frozen" [Edit] 5:10

015 "Take a bow" 4:31

016 "The Power of Good-Bye" 4:12

017 "Bedtime Story" [Edit] 4:07

018 "Nothing Really Matters" [Radio Edit] 4:11

019 "Paradise (Not for Me)" [Edit] 4:07

Length: 83:16 <- It's too long for one CD, so one song would have to be cut...

Guest Rocco Papa

The artwork is just... :bow:

But I wouldn't use any images of Madonna on the cover, so that it looked like a better companion to The Immaculate Collection. I would cut Paradise, since it was never a single. I'd also put the tracklist in chronological order (since TIC was) and replace Nothing Really Matters with TUTBMP, because I just LOVE A League of Their Own! :thumbsup:

Sorry if it seems like I've been too critical! :lol:

The artwork is just... :bow:

But I wouldn't use any images of Madonna on the cover, so that it looked like a better companion to The Immaculate Collection. I would cut Paradise, since it was never a single. I'd also put the tracklist in chronological order (since TIC was) and replace a song with TUTBMP, because I just LOVE A League of Their Own! :thumbsup:

Sorry if it seems like I've been too critical! :lol:

Thanks! No, that's absoultely fine! :)

I put Paradise (Not for Me) on there, because I wanted it to be the "new song" on the album. I think GHV2 could've been promoted better if there was a single release to back it up and Paradise seemed like a smart choice to me since the release of GHV2 coincides with the release of the DWT DVD and because it already had a video. Another option would've been Impressive Instant, but I prefered the Geisha concept of the Paradise video for the artwork so I went with that. :)

I didn't want to put This Used to Be My Playground or I'll Remember on the tracklist, because they were already released on STR and I though putting them on GHV2 as well would've been overkill.

TUTBMP doesn't belong to ANY "hits compilation" although it went to #1 in the US :lol:

It's one of her 'obscure hits' like Angel, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Causing A Commotion, Keep it Together, Rescue Me...

Agree. The ones mentioned by Fighting Spirit would've probably been less obscure if they had music videos. But TUTBMP remains the most obscure of them all and one of the least remembered tbh, eventhough it had a video.

I would replace Cherish with the single mix of Keep It Together actually, it flows so much better with Vogue. CHerish sounds like a True Blue leftlover.

It does! I finally came to appreciate Keep It Together more than I did a few years ago. It's perfect, actually.

I would replace Cherish with the single mix of Keep It Together actually, it flows so much better with Vogue. CHerish sounds like a True Blue leftlover.

In total agreement with that. Signed with blood, pus, saliva, tears, sweat, semen, and urine.

MPowered, look at my new siggy. It's soooo powerful :swordplay:

Ugh I love it!!! Gosh, Madonna perform that fucking song on tour already!!! She was gonna perform it on RIT apparently and it has been considered for inclusion on S&S too, I think. A travesty has never really gotten it's time to shine.

This, and "Rain". When Madonna went Japanese, she could never do any wrong. :wow:

Rain is one of my favourite videos of her!!!

Now there is this 'cultural appropriation' shit going on. Man, I'm not that old (23), but I miss the days when people weren't a bunch of fucking sensitive pussies.

What cultural appropriation are you referring to? :lol:

Now there is this 'cultural appropriation' shit going on. Man, I'm not that old (23), but I miss the days when people weren't a bunch of fucking sensitive pussies.

Do you mean how people are being called racists for adapting elements or imagery from different cultures in their videos/performances?

It looks awesome! My only suggestion would be to get rid of the Dan Cadan liner notes and replace them with something new. I've never found it funny - it seems like the sophomoric humor of Guy's mates.

Guest Rocco Papa

I like how you have a page devoted to the Erotica era. Were you going to do a page like that for each era? I think it's a good idea. :)

I also LOVE the red/pink color scheme. It's beautiful! :inlove:

In total agreement with that. Signed with blood, pus, saliva, tears, sweat, semen, and urine.

:medusa::noway::swordplay::abuse:

Great artwork! I loved the original cover, but hated the back cover. They should have just used another DWT promo pic.

One thing I really liked about GHV2 was DW/SFL being included on the tracklist. I would remove DCFMA and add it instead.

Do you mean how people are being called racists for adapting elements or imagery from different cultures in their videos/performances?

Yes! I mean, KP did that boring performance and people were jumping on her for that, as if it were the first japanese-inspired performance. Everyone nowadays seems to be just beyond stupid and retarded. :lmao:

Guest bluejean

I think they should have canned the whole release.

The Second Coming would have been great in 2009 as a companion to The Immaculate Collection.

This Used To Be My Playground

Erotica

Deeper and Deeper

I'll Remember

Secret

Take a Bow

You'll See

Frozen

Ray of Light

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don't tell Me

Die Another Day

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

Celebration

Revolver

Packaged with a new version of TIC featuring Who's That Girl.