another suitcase in another hall

Guest bluejean

I love it.

How funny that her character is not even meant to sing this song. Trust Madonna to demand all those changes :lol:

The song was originally sung by another character in the play but Madonna's part with the song made her character sympathetic. Beautifully sung.

Yes! I am so happy that Madonna sings this song in the movie. It's a perfect follow-up to "Buenos Aires" scene.

The song was originally sung by another character in the play but Madonna's part with the song made her character sympathetic. Beautifully sung.

didn't know about this....

my favourite from the movie

I think it's one of the best songs from "Evita" too... I think it was great to make Eva sing this song instead of Peron's lover.

I've found the original videoclip here (is just the scene with different edition on the instrumental break and at the end more seconds of the starlets looking at her). Does anyone here knows how to rip it???

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDI4MjEzNDA=.HTML

Thanks in advance ;)

I prefer 'I'd be surprisingly good for you' but this one is also very good. In fact, I love all songs Madonna sang for Evita, just beautiful...and I'm so glad we have something like that in her discography.

Tim Rice was asked how he felt about Allan Parker's decision to give the song to Madonna in the movie and he suggested that he was OK with the way it worked (even though it changed the characterisation). He also said that Madonna did a "good job" with the song and noted that it gave her another hit single (in the UK and certain European countries).