Madonna as Breathless

Bill

No one else could've played this role better. She was the perfect fit. And I always felt her acting was flawless... on the dock, with Tracy, as she pleads for him to confess his love for her. Her death scene. All of it. :clap:

Dick+Tracy+tracy+breathless.jpg

madonna-genesis-timeline-im-breathless-0

tumblr_m91ftk2wEy1qffnzto1_r2_1280.gif

tumblr_mczurs5xN81qazwkm.jpg

Oh god, don't even start with me.

Madonna as Breathless = Perfection.

Love everything about this character/the look/the music/the era/the persona....everything.

And one of her best acting performances.

Quintessential Madonna for me.

Her pre-Evita singing voice was perfectly capable of handling the range and control that Stephen Sondheim's songs commanded, too. Perfection!!!!

Guest bluejean

The movie is kind of shit but the character and Madonna's role in it is perfect. The music is beyond amazing and for that reason alone I'm glad she did it. I wish we has the full performances of the songs.

I don't really like the movie but M is great in it. Thst was such a magical time back then. So much was happening. I still love the I'm Breathless album to death. One of my favorites. I wish she had released more singles from it.

I wish beatty would have film one song in the movie with Madonna performing it. It's one of those movies that didnt hurt or help her career.

Guest Pud Whacker

commoners feel they have to dislike something about her to seem unbiased and her acting career is it. shes had more HIT movies than mere actresses where its their only profession. i have no time for this conversation. shes marvelous. end of report.

Guest PRPapi

Her pre-Evita singing voice was perfectly capable of handling the range and control that Stephen Sondheim's songs commanded, too. Perfection!!!!

THIS! :thumbsup:

I love Breathless too... I think that Madonna always looks her best when she has some "connection" with the Glamour of the old Hollywood... When she's inspired by Marilyn, Marlene, Garbo... She looks just perfect and the good thing is that she has something extra to add to those characters and she doesn't look like a cheap copy... I don't know how to explain it but for me Madonna is a Hollywood star from the 50's in the 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's...

commoners feel they have to dislike something about her to seem unbiased and her acting career is it. shes had more HIT movies than mere actresses where its their only profession. i have no time for this conversation. shes marvelous. end of report.

Well let's talk about the movie and madonna in it. Let's talk about I'm Breathless too. Did you buy all the collectible a they put out for kids?

but why people say she cannot act then?

Listen I love her to death. But she really cant act. Her best acting I think was in dangerous game. She really was quite good in that and I think ti is the best acting she's done. However the movie was dreary and depressing. It just wasnt a good movie. She was also great in DSS. people say she was just playing herself which I dont agree with. It's her most solid performance. I believe her as Susan. I dont think of her as Madonna playing a part. that, to me, is the difference in whether or not she can act. She is a decent actress but I'm not going to pretend I'm sad she's given it up. She was good in Up for Grabs.

Guest whatatramp

but why people say she cannot act then?

they probably get their "opinions" from the media

agreed