Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016: rumours / preparations thread.

Apples388

@@Carta

Oh hell yeah! I'm very opinionated. Especially when it comes to tour setlist. I have my expectations and my wishes. But I think everyone here does. I'm just really tired of this discussion EVERTIME a new tour is being announced. "She has to do a lot of classics because the casual fans would be disappointed". I mean who the fuck cares? I'm a Madonna fan and I'm selfish. I could care less about going to a show and wanting everyone around me knowing the lyrics. I'd rather have them shut the fuck up and listen and watch the show. :laugh:

The reason I'm so pushy about RH songs on the tour is a) that it's my third favourite album and I love EVERYTHING about it and b) because I would be incredibly sad to see the majority of it being ignored and never touched again. American Life, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories and Erotica were painful enough. I mean, I love her old songs dearly but she has done Music, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Like a Virgin, Holiday, Vogue, La Isla and Hung Up soooo many times already and she has so many other songs in her catalogue that were successful as well and people at the show WILL know them. Most casual fans can't sing along to anything besides Like a Prayer, Holiday and Vogue anyway, so I don't see why she should care so much about them.

I think the main focus should be the sections and what fits in thematically, not some randomized selection from her Celebration CD.

@@Carta

Oh hell yeah! I'm very opinionated. Especially when it comes to tour setlist. I have my expectations and my wishes. But I think everyone here does. I'm just really tired of this discussion EVERTIME a new tour is being announced. "She has to do a lot of classics because the casual fans would be disappointed". I mean who the fuck cares? I'm a Madonna fan and I'm selfish. I could care less about going to a show and wanting everyone around me knowing the lyrics. I'd rather have them shut the fuck up and listen and watch the show. :laugh:

The reason I'm so pushy about RH songs on the tour is a) that it's my third favourite album and I love EVERYTHING about it and b) because I would be incredibly sad to see the majority of it being ignored and never touched again. American Life, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories and Erotica were painful enough. I mean, I love her old songs dearly but she has done Music, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Like a Virgin, Holiday, Vogue, La Isla and Hung Up soooo many times already and she has so many other songs in her catalogue that were successful as well and people at the show WILL know them. Most casual fans can't sing along to anything besides Like a Prayer, Holiday and Vogue anyway, so I don't see why she should care so much about them.

I think the main focus should be the sections and what fits in thematically, not some randomized selection from her Celebration CD.

Someone needs to do their Madonna 101...

On Facebook her drummer posted something about how much he loves the 80's and what a great time for music it was. I don't know if that means anything but the older songs she has mentioned do tend to lean more towards the 80's than other periods of her career.

not sure if this has been posted, but do you think all of her tweets and fb posts are a hint at a possible set list?

:lol:

not sure if this has been posted, but do you think all of her tweets and fb posts are a hint at a possible set list?

We discussed in the other thread, we think that maybe it will be the setlist.

Who knows tbh.

It could be her playing with song choices to see how people react to them or actually revealing songs that may appear in some form on the tour setlist. The thing that's sort of weird about this, is that she's kind of upclosed when it comes to her tour setlists. She rarely ever hints at songs included.

Someone needs to do their Madonna 101...

And what exactly does that include? :huh: I'm sure I know enough about Madonna, lol. :madgemanson:

Who knows tbh.

It could be her playing with song choices to see how people react to them or actually revealing songs that may appear in some form on the tour setlist. The thing that's sort of weird about this, is that she's kind of upclosed when it comes to her tour setlists. She rarely ever hints at songs included.

This is her first tour since she became obsessed with Instagram, though, so we don't really have a point of reference regarding dropping hints.

I appreciated your post above, BTW!

Well, she already payed good hommage to the 80s street style in S&S.

The only thing that i'm really sure about this tour is that SHE WANTS TO HAVE FUN and that will mean things different. I expect more Celebration/GITM and less PDP/HU. More carefree numbers, less choreographed to death numbers.

Of course surely i will be wrong and she will be making complicated routines all the time, hahahah

I think people might be reading too much into her Insta posts. I think it's purely just a good use of promo via social media.

It's a bit reminiscent of the promo for RIT where they teased the setlist and promoted the tour at the same time via the old fashioned method of print advertising. They had colorful full page adds of her most famous song titles with a big question mark after them.

Does anyone have any images of the advertisements? There were heaps on Madonnalicious back in the day.

I think people might be reading too much into her Insta posts. I think it's purely just a good use of promo via social media.

It's a bit reminiscent of the promo for RIT where they teased the setlist and promoted the tour at the same time via the old fashioned method of print advertising. They had colorful full page adds of her most famous song titles with a big question mark after them.

Does anyone have any images of the advertisements? There were heaps on Madonnalicious back in the day.

I don't remember this. Did the songs on the ads end up in the show?

She's hashtagging rebelhearttour. She would be out of her mind to tag these songs if she's not doing them (though it's always possible she will change her mind about one or two). She did the same while working on the album.

bd8zUZLP.jpg

She's hashtagging rebelhearttour. She would be out of her mind to tag these songs if she's not doing them (though it's always possible she will change her mind about one or two). She did the same while working on the album.

And she sometimes try several songs and changes them. She may try Whos That Girl and later it doesn't fit. Things like that. It happens every tour.

bd8zUZLP.jpg

Thanks Nemo64, they are the ones I was talking about. I also remember seeing one for Die Another Day also 😊

I hope it is the setlist.

I think this will have a RIT kinda thing. Lots of oldies re invented.

And the new ones...i think LFL, BIM, GT, SEX, HW, DP, UB, RH.

And for the GP, guys, Maracanã Stadium almost exploded when she sang Borderline. It was so fucking awsome.

So....lot's of oldies...specially for Australia, NZ and Japan.

Guest bluejean

I think she's going to do loads of oldies but goodies. She'll be feeling the pressure of low ticket sales and also the low sales/success of the Rebel Heart album. She's not an idiot, she's always on the pulse of these things. Previous shows she has done less hits because she knew she could get away with it.

I think she's going to do loads of oldies but goodies. She'll be feeling the pressure of low ticket sales and also the low sales/success of the Rebel Heart album. She's not an idiot, she's always on the pulse of these things. Previous shows she has done less hits because she knew she could get away with it.

Yes I agree. RIT was damage control after American life flopping and she managed to end up with highest grossing tour of 2004. She knows she hasn't had much success with her last two albums and this time her shows are struggling in major markets with some not even adding 2nd shows.

I predict a hits heavy setlist with 6-7 RH tracks.

I know many in USA and Europe get sick of hearing the same songs every tour but I hope she does a hits heavy set list for Asia/ Australia/NZ. These are fans ( including me) who have never seen her live and we would love to see those songs. Even a few mash ups to give us a taste. Hopefully she may tweak the set list for the second leg to include more hits if she doesn't have them in the first leg. It would also be wise for her to do this if she is planning a future tour here. If people don't get what they would like to hear this time at those prices , unlikely they will go if she comes again. In saying that I realise this might be the last time we get her down our way. Let's hope we get a good balance of old and new.

I'm sorry but I don't get that Australian opinion. This is a tour that goes to Australia. That's all. If she plays more hits is because Rebel Heart didn't sell as much as expected, if not this would be like other tours, focused on the new material. Things have changed a lot since 1993.

I'd be very happy with a hits-heavy tour. Re-Invention isn't my favorite tour, but it is hands-down the most fun I've ever had a Madonna concert. The entire arena was dancing and singing every word to damn near every song.

But Rebel Heart has so many great songs! I know the album hasn't done as well as hoped but how are people going to know the new stuff if she doesn't play it?

I'd like a good balance. Some really big hits but still try to fit in a good portion of Rebel Heart.

UnapologeticRebel:

You asked me the following question in the previous "Tour rumours/preparations" thread:

"........Do you mind if I ask you what you think the meaning of the song is for the MDNA version? Just curious because I know you can interpret the art and meanings of Madonna's shows in different ways sometimes"

To me, whereas the original HU has a sense of exhilaration and moving on, the MDNA version has a sense of foreboding dread. So, if the original HU is moving away from an unpleasant epochal event on a timeline, the MDNA version is moving towards that event, almost like a calm before storm type scenario. The transition between PDP and HU contains marching, bell-tolls, and siren sound effects which to me bring about the above mentioned sense of awaiting dread. Even her slowed-down distorted auto-tuned vocals on the MDNA version serve to drive home the sense of being trapped in a feverish nightmare slowly awaiting a conclusion. Only when she begins walking/traversing the slack line do we finally hear the somewhat muffled (yet exuberant) ABBA sample which brings us back to the original version's sense of overcoming/moving past/traversing adversity. She is actually traversing over fire just as the ABBA sample starts playing. But, like I said before: for me, the MDNA version only works with the visual - which is what you expect from a theatrical performance.