Cher on Madonna (Twitter, interviews, etc.)

elijah

really can't understand this "war of stars"...and trying to diminsh or ignoring Streisand or Cher achievement is just.... :newspaper:

great posts, Sandz

THANK YOU!!!

I get that not every artist is for everybody...but the kind of blatant disrespect for Barbra and Cher is kind of .... crazy. Funny that I seem to only see that when it comes to female artists...not so much with the men.

I personally don't like everything Babs or Cher have done, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize the incredible boundaries broken and legacies both have...especially Barbra. Same goes for all the other legendary "divas".

Just because other great females come from a different background, or haven't achieved to the level of Madonna, or are viewed differently in the lexicon of pop culture, doesn't mean they don't have their place too.

As for being "bitches" or "cunts" ... I don't blame them. Women have to put up with enough. I can only imagine what it's like in the entertainment industry, trying to maintain a true sense of self and have control over what you do, and who you are.

MAJOR respect for Babs.

MAJOR respect for Cher.

MAJOR respect for Madonna.

....with strengths and weaknesses all in different areas.

Raider of the lost Ark, don't be embarrassed about loving Streisand or anyone for that matter. Embrace your choices :laugh:

Seriously though, does anyone else hate it when people feel they have to apologize for the music they like ? And to top it off, later on the people who seem to be mocking you for liking certain stuff, admit to you when they are drunk that they like it as well. :lmao: For years, I was teased about loving ABBA but most of these people who mocked me now admit to also loving them all along.

THIS!!!! So much!!! People do the same with Madonna. :clap:

And what is this "local star" thing? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult?

Not every act is going to be a global superstar. Again, doesn't mean they don't have their place.

Plus, I don't hear that anywhere but here. "Uh, she's such a local star"...... Excuse me?

• 2 weeks later...

PLEASE. As if Diana caters to the young :rotfl:

Barbra had star vehicles (The Way We Were, A Star is Born, etc.) that were HUGE around the world and a slew of huge songs in perpetual rotation worldwide (Woman in Love, Evergreen, Enough is Enough, etc.). Guilty sold more than 3x WW than in the US. She's bigger than Diana AND the Supremes. And she has managed (even up to late now in her career) to have hugely successful tours outside the US. Diana? Pfft! (oh, I heard Miss Ross was famous in the late 90s for drunk driving and for drunkenly grabbing breasts :lol: )

If Barbra is a local star, then Diana is a hyperlocal star :lmao:

And in a time when anti-Semitism was rampant not only in the US but even in Hollywood, Barbra never toned down her Jewishness and was THE most prominently proud Jew. Before Madonna, more than any star, she broke down Hollywood/cultural glass ceilings and did things HER way. (of course, Madonna-- a feminist more by EXAMPLE-- does it in greater style)

NO, I hear Supremes songs on the radio, but I NEVER hear Barbra fucking Streisand. Ever.

But I do like her..

Funny thing, the guys actually thought she was talking about Lady Gaga! :flop:

I know :lol: when she elaborated & said 'Vogue' the guy face sorta panicked. The whole 'Madge' thing seemed

indecipherable 2 them :D

Didn't Cher say that she thinks the word MDNA is smart, after some people told her what does it mean?

Although I like when people ask some stars about some music legends like Madonna, it is a type of question which isn't relevenat that much.

I was shocked when an interviewer asked Kate Bush what does she think about Gaga. What does a genius think about garbage? Kate Bush, who is always polite and who never says what she really thinks about someone, said she thinks she is talented or something like that....

Guest Xanthium

really can't understand this "war of stars"...and trying to diminsh or ignoring Streisand or Cher achievement is just.... :newspaper:

great posts, Sandz

Seriously. It's embarrassing. Madonna is not the end all be all. And if you think so, you're delusional.

Didn't Cher say that she thinks the word MDNA is smart, after some people told her what does it mean?

Although I like when people ask some stars about some music legends like Madonna, it is a type of question which isn't relevenat that much.

I was shocked when an interviewer asked Kate Bush what does she think about Gaga. What does a genius think about garbage? Kate Bush, who is always polite and who never says what she really thinks about someone, said she thinks she is talented or something like that....

I was shocked that an interviewer had any questions to ask Kate Bush. :chuckle: Pray tell, what the fuck is genius about Kate Bush (I'm a fan)?

Seriously. It's embarrassing. Madonna is not the end all be all. And if you think so, you're delusional.

CALL ME DELUSIONAL BUT I THINK SHE IS. I love how all of the Jews are getting really defensive. :lol: I'm a Jew lover (maybe unhealthy obsession) but seriously...Barbra Streissand? :lmao: So old fashioned even when she began! One song of hers I live is no more tears but I can't think of any others and maybe that's because I love Donna.

I'm going to sculpt a statue of Madonna and put it on my altar that I built for her at home and worship it daily.

I'm one step ahead of you.

:dead: :dead: :dead::dramatic:

2mrfayb.jpg

:dead: :dead: :dead:

So funny. P.S the Italian guy in the yellow t shirt has the best kind of Italian accent.