Happy 5 years Celebration Album

Guest gang bang

I joined here around the time that Celebration (the single) dropped. Can't believe it's been half a decade already :lol: and yea the album cover is perfection. I bought the standard and the deluxe.

Reductive greatest hits.

Oh please.

Happy Birthday Celebration! Amazing greatest hits, a TRUE representation of her career. I don't like everything about it but it is a good representation of her whole career.

It's a good compilation but the omittance of certain hits and track sequencing kinda stops it from being perfect. The tracks themselves are fabulous, but it's a shame the editing was awful...and those weird clicks and pops on "Music" were unforgivable. A triple cd would've been stunning.

It's a good compilation but the omittance of certain hits and track sequencing kinda stops it from being perfect. The tracks themselves are fabulous, but it's a shame the editing was awful...and those weird clicks and pops on "Music" were unforgivable. A triple cd would've been stunning.

This.

I agree with this, it's the biggest problem with this compilation. And yeah a third cd would've been perfect, she got enough hits for it.

All I have to say is that it's not an Immaculate Collection.

madonna2.gif

I'm glad it isn't. I'm not here for another 80's compilation. The only thing i prefer on IC is the chronological order, it's way better that way.

So the MadonnaNation.com front page is officially 5 years old....

I love Celebration and Revolver....but I only bought copes of the actual 2-disc to give to friends/family. I lost my own copy, I couldn't bear those edits. The Music and Erotica mess-ups literally hurt my soul.

I'm glad it isn't. I'm not here for another 80's compilation. The only thing i prefer on IC is the chronological order, it's way better that way.

Regarding your post above: Who gonna buy a triple album? :lol: That would be too overload of a compilation as well.

That's a very literal take on my entendre. So, let's say that Celebration was not the Second Coming I was hoping it would be.

92253-phil-dunphy-sad-smile-gif-mode-TDB

Regarding your post above: Who gonna buy a triple album? :lol: That would be too overload of a compilation as well.

I think there's people who could be interested. Madonna's catalogue is really vast and she got enough hits for a triple cd. But yeah i guess it could be overload for some people. It'd be their loss :lol:

O'h, I am going to be picky but just a shame that so many great hits were missing. - Gambler, Causing a commotion, True Blue, Rain, American Pie, Don't cry for me Argentina, This used to be my playground, I'll remember, You'll see, Bedtime story, The power of goodbye, What it feels like for a girl, Give it to me, American Life and Love Profusion. If they had been included, it would have been perfect.

O'h, I am going to be picky but just a shame that so many great hits were missing. - Gambler, Causing a commotion, True Blue, Rain, American Pie, Don't cry for me Argentina, This used to be my playground, I'll remember, You'll see, Bedtime story, The power of goodbye, What it feels like for a girl, Give it to me, American Life and Love Profusion. If they had been included, it would have been perfect.

113966.gif

The DVD....with the less-than-HQ versions of some of the most brilliant and epic music video masterpieces ever put to film = SHAMEFUL!

Oh yes. As much as I was pissed with some of the problems with the CD, I could somewhat ignore it. As for the DVD, now this made my blood BOIL after I paid money for that low quality single density DVD atrocity... honestly, what other artist in the history of music does this happen to?! Does Madonna have a quality control team? lol From the Celebration CD/DVD to the Sticky and Sweet DVD with terrible over-dubbed vocals and the sound quality on the MDNA DVD... ugh, another topic I suppose....

Anyway, happy birthday still because for the faults on the CD, it was nice to have a new greatest hits for the public to go to if they needed to listen to her all over again or for people to discover her on. It made sense for when it was released (end of decade) and a nice mix of songs.