Madonna Girlie Show Voice Appreciation

XXL

Guest jamesshot

Her vocals were so fluid and she really belted. She sounded fantastic. This show, well the tour video, put her back on the map when her popularity was sagging after the SEX era. Everyone I know who watches this video comes away thinking she is a great performer and can sing.

Guest Sinisin

GST version of LIB is life giving and Rain is amazing!! Vocally her best tour, effortless. WITH THAT SAID: I always skip Like a Wurgen though...I think I've only watched that version once all the way through and it felt like it was never going to end.

GST version of LIB is life giving and Rain is amazing!! Vocally her best tour, effortless. WITH THAT SAID: I always skip Like a Wurgen though...I think I've only watched that version once all the way through and it felt like it was never going to end.

Haha....yeah, glad I'm not the only one. That is the only version of LAV that I'm not too crazy about. When I watch the DVD, that's always my bathroom/grab snack/smoke break song. Endless is a fitting description...lol.

Her voice in this show is perfection. Probably my favorite although RHT is giving it a serious run for its money.

My first ever Madonna concert! I was 19 years old,it was also my first trip to London, I sang and danced my heart out alongside 70,000 people. Vogue was a highlight for me,and I thought Justify My Love was amazing too.

Her vocals were so fluid and she really belted. She sounded fantastic.

I love the way shows were filmed back then, it lets you experience the performance.

Vocally her best tour, effortless.

Perfection! Best vocals ever

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes, her voice was the perfect mix of strength and suppleness with pre-Evita grit. And yes, the "live" style of the tour video makes it look like it could have happened yesterday and you were really there, not like an artificial music video.

That VOICE. that haircut. The staging. The whole tour is perfection, especially Feeeeeeeeeeeeevah!

Also, the Disco section (Express Yourself + Deeper & Deeper + Why's It So Hard) is one of her best tour segments ever.

Best vocals for one of her tours ever.

She has some great vocal moments during Rebel Heart but I do miss that extra soul she used to have in her voice. And I don't believe its because of age. I do think she lost it during her Evita training. I mean thanks to that training we did get some beautiful ass ballads where she sounds as angelic as ever, but I do wish she would just BELT shit out like she used to.

And don't forget Everybody at the end.

Singing live while dancing her ass off at the same time. She sounded fantastic. And again her voice was full of that soul and had a growl to it. Is growl the right word? :lol: There is a word I am looking for but cant seem to find it.

I absolutely love her husky, sexy vocals... one of my fave parts is Express Yourself/Deeper/Why's It So Hard (especially because of vocals)... and I also love La Isla... and so many others of course.... this show is the best.

Maybe husky is the word I am looking for. :lol:

Come on Madonna! I know you still have that husk in you somewhere!

Guest Rocco Papa

This is still my favorite Madonna tour. It will always hold a special place in my heart, because it was the first Madonna concert I ever saw. I became a fan at 11 during the Music/Drowned World Tour era. At the time, they played this concert all the time on VH1. Blond Ambition was obviously hard to find back then. And this was before Drowned World aired on HBO. So this was her most recent tour at that time. I remember being so hot for all the guy dancers, especially Michael Gregory during Fever! And the Like A Virgin performance cracked me up! I love how she incorporated Falling In Love Again into the song. I also love Nicki & Donna's background part towards the end of La Isla Bonita. And yes, her vocals were AMAZING! I'll never understand how some people say she can't sing. Even without all the bells and whistles, she can just sit there with a guitar and give you a knockout performance! That's something she's proven on the Rebel Heart Tour.