Madonna- Basement Tapes!!! 1983

Ciccone's Cheeks

Thanks Ciccone's cheeks for posting this. What a great report and footage. Already on her way to becoming a superstar. Loved her also with the big reindeer toys. :laugh: I always enjoy hearing reports from America because I love their accents when they say her name. Plus the great comments right at the end when the women said " you bet she was" in reply to the guy saying that she was already pretty accomplished.

that was in 1983 and 3,000 USD was a lot back then

Agree. 3k in '83 is equal to what...10k today? Already showing the world she was the best biz woman eva (even before she was officially called that universally). Amazing for someone who still didn't really 'take off' until about 6 months later. She was still at the grassroots level (small, hole in the wall clubs)...barely. It was a smaller club in a small town in Eastern Long Island. Not like it was a semi larger or reputable venue anywhere close to NYC.

This is amazing old footage. Remember that long island had a very big "new wave" scene during the early eighties & many of the british "new wave" bands of the early eighties would play live on the island when they toured new york. I remember that as a kid I use to listen to the new wave station after school & burning up, everybody, & I think physical attraction were played along with all the "new wave" hits of the day. This was right before holiday became a major hit & was played regularly on the radio.

Amazing to see!

There is always a strong element of luck in everybody's success but it is obvious from all accounts, especially this one, that Madonna capitalised on it with her drive, professionalism and natural talent.

Then you look at lying, lazy dirt bags like joanne whom expect things to be handed to them after their lucky break. Expecting continuing praise and success despite not bothering to rehearse, look after their health, and deliver a quality product. FLUSH!

Plus the great comments right at the end when the women said " you bet she was" in reply to the guy saying that she was already pretty accomplished.

LOVE IT!

The thing about Madonna is that she doesn't really need all the theatrics etc (but she is good to us like that, this charitable Queen) because she has IT. She has talent, but she also is very magnetic and you want to look at her.