Cher on Madonna (Twitter, interviews, etc.)

elijah

Its like this IN MUSIC:

1. Madonna (the queen)

..................................................................................................................................

22. Barbra

.....................................................................................................

152. Cher

.............................................................................................

755. Sade

In FILMS:

35. Barbra

99. Cher

322. Madonna

Its like this IN MUSIC:

1. Madonna (the queen)

..................................................................................................................................

22. Barbra

.....................................................................................................

152. Cher

.............................................................................................

755. Sade

In FILMS:

35. Barbra

99. Cher

322. Madonna

Totally agree :thumbsup:

And some people need to stop making excuses for Madonna's acting and accept that she's not that great of an actress. She has some really decent performances but overall it's not that great.

:rotfl: at the dissing of Cher's acting.

& Seriously...Barbra is nothing compared 2 Cher. Sorry but I've never heard a Barbra song on the radio in my entire life. Why is that whore even mentioned here... . & her movies :lol:

Are you sure!? :americanlife:

I am a woman in love

And I do anything

To get you into my world

And hold you within

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIH4k2hXyXY

At this point her face is a mask, so she probably figured, oh a part, hey it's work...I'll do it.

That's really all she ever done, kept on working...she's not one 4 having a plan. & That's what I love

about Dame Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPierre.

I agree. She most definitely did not/does not have a plan. :lol:

I don't care what anyone says. Cher is a really good actress. Her movies from the 80's are very good. What I loved about many of her ealier roles, she chose roles that weren't anywhere close to whom she was personally. "Mask" is one of my favorite films with her in it. That film and "Silkwood" were two films that was far far from the persona she created.

I do think that between the plastic surgeries, the tabloid stories, the many (and young) men and "If I Could Turn Back Time" started to devalue her credibility as an actress. I mention "...Turn Back Time" because that song was huge for her and the video was even bigger. She looked great and the fact she was half naked, I feel people stop taking her seriously as an actress and thought of her as a bigger than life personality. It seemed her roles after that weren't as good even though there were very few. Though, you can tell she gets really into her roles. For the most part, especially the 80's film, you forgot she was Cher.

I agree she's a "showgirl". That was what catapulted her to fame. Her and Sonny had a great run. And of course, everyone loves a good story when a woman breaks away from their partner/husband make it huge on their own. And I saw her on her FAREWELL TOUR. I was quite impressed. Of course, she was untouchable and did not engage the audeince as much as her opening act on some of her dates, Cyndi Lauper. Cyndi is just crazy. Gotta love her. She would go right out into the audience, high five them and dance with them. Cher would never do that.

What a joke :lmao: :lmao:

Do you know that Barbra is the best selling female artist in the US when it comes to albums? Hardly something a "nothing" would be able to do. And i'm not even a fan, i don't care about her but saying she's nothing compared to Cher is a HUGE joke.

Oh please, I am not joking nor am I talking bout record sales. Barbra is 4 rich white people & some gays. That Bytch has even less 2 do with Pop culture than Cher.

Barbra's films r ridiculous.

Oh please, I am not joking nor am I talking bout record sales. Barbra is 4 rich white people & some gays. That Bytch has even less 2 do with Pop culture than Cher.

Barbra's films r ridiculous.

Yeah. What films has she been in any way? I think I've heard of one called Funny girl and that's it. Without imdbing it.

yentl-o.gif

Watch out Acko and GU, Barbra is coming for you guys and begging you both to watch Yentl ! :lmao:

:lmao: at people putting Cher over Barbra.

Barbra was THE number one box office actress in the 70s, winning box office awards one after another. She was the highest paid actress from 70s til late 80s until Julia Roberts came. (Cher never came close to being a box office star.) The Way We Were, both the movie and song were some of the biggest hits of the era and are greater than anything Cher has ever done. A Star is Born was a box office smash due to her star power even if its shit, and Evergreen was a huge hit. Her duet with Donna Summer is perhaps the greatest diva collab ever and Woman in Love is until now still played heavily. Shes also the #1 female albums artist on billboard.

Barbra has had more big time pop culture moments than Cher: the Oscars see-through pantsuit, the Central Park mega gig, Yentl, the "rivalry" with Hillary over Bill, the Colorado boycott, the streisand effect, etc.

Shes the first of the modern day pop divas and has unparalleled accomplishments. Shes a mega bitch but also the greatest star. After Madonna, of course :lol:

i respect barbra, but she really bores the hell outta me musically. I gave her chance a long time ago because of people praising her here, and her music bored me. but her movies i've seen throughout the years i've enjoyed. Cher's movies are great tho really

Shes the first of the modern day pop divas and has unparalleled accomplishments. Shes a mega bitch but also the greatest star. After Madonna, of course :lol:

And unlike Chair, Babs has never once thrown shade at M, and has always been quite complimentary.

In the pre-Madonna era, Babs was also probably the only popular female entertainer that had such creative control over her material and image, something Madonna would later take to another level. She definitely set some standard in Hollywood for later generations of women to follow or capitalize on.

:lmao: at people putting Cher over Barbra.

Barbra was THE number one box office actress in the 70s, winning box office awards one after another. She was the highest paid actress from 70s til late 80s until Julia Roberts came. (Cher never came close to being a box office star.) The Way We Were, both the movie and song were some of the biggest hits of the era and are greater than anything Cher has ever done. A Star is Born was a box office smash due to her star power even if its shit, and Evergreen was a huge hit. Her duet with Donna Summer is perhaps the greatest diva collab ever and Woman in Love is until now still played heavily. Shes also the #1 female albums artist on billboard.

Barbra has had more big time pop culture moments than Cher: the Oscars see-through pantsuit, the Central Park mega gig, Yentl, the "rivalry" with Hillary over Bill, the Colorado boycott, the streisand effect, etc.

I assume you're American. You may as well be from another planet is I don't know what the Fuck you're talking about.

And unlike Chair, Babs has never once thrown shade at M, and has always been quite complimentary.

In the pre-Madonna era, Babs was also probably the only popular female entertainer that had such creative control over her material and image, something Madonna would later take to another level. She definitely set some standard in Hollywood for later generations of women to follow or capitalize on.

Well, Babs did say that Madonna ate A WHOLE FISH when they had dinner when Madonna was still on her way up.. which suggests Madonna was not only hungry but one from the hood :lmao:

But, yeah, I agree. Barbra really blazed the trail for women in pop culture prior to the advent of Madonna. After the era of Mary Pickford (who made the United Artist studio with Chaplin etc.), no women or at least actress in movies took charge of the production side until Babs formed and headed First Artists together with other 70s heavyweights. Her being a producer, then actress-director-writer, became a template for others, like Cher, Jodie Foster, Angelina Jolie, and yes, Madonna now. She fought for control, esp. as she became a director and encountered stiffer resistance from the industry which she wouldn't have had if she were male. When she was new, industry masters tried to pressure her to fix her nose but she didn't, and she herself chose her material from the beginning.

And like Madonna, she's that top-tier megastar who never once had a meltdown

Cher On Miley's VMA Performance: I Didn't Like It, Madonna would have done it better

Cher was asked by 'USA Today' for her opinions on Miley Cyrus' much-discussed performance at the VMAs this year, and the famously-outspoken songstress didn't hold back; "So bad", she described it. "I'm not old-fashioned... If she had come out naked, and if she'd just rocked the house, I would have said, 'You Go, girl'. It just wasn't done well. She can't dance, her body looked like hell, the song wasn't great, one cheek was hanging out. And, chick, don't stick out your tongue if it's coated.If you're going to go that far, then think about it before you do it", she added.

Maria Menounos of 'Extra' also caught up with Cher and asked her for her thoughts on Miley's performance; "She took a chance, so you got to give her something for that, and I must say I haven't given her anything because I didn't like it... If the chick had come out naked and done a great performance doing the same things, I would have said, you know, 'Great'... I don't like the fact that it wasn't good."

She added, "If Madonna had come out and done that, she would have done it, you know? You would have thought, it's on the borderline, but it's so great, who cares?"

Cher covered a track from Cyrus' back-catalogue, 'I Hope You Find It', for her new album 'Closer To The Truth'.

Honestly we could do without both of them's acting, because actresses they are not, at least as much as Madonna isn't one. And I don't care if they have an Oscar or not. That means nothing.

Musically Barbara hasn't had a song on the radio like since I was born in 1983. She's mainly an icon in the US, never had the massive international appeal that Madonna had, just English-speaking countries. She's possibly more famous in continental Europe for a couple of her films than her music career and in the elderly age bracket.

If you ask a Spanish, Italian, French or German person aged between 12 and 40 who she was they'd have absolutely no clue and I think that even in the UK (unless you're a major fag) the answer would be more or less the same for that age group.

As for Cher she has a really nice voice but that's it really, she's not an artist/lyricist/musician or organic concept creator in the least. Just your basic gay circus extravaganza act who was huge in the 60s and 70s, had her last highs in the 80s and the last short-lived resurrection in 1999.

I'd still take Cher's funny and seemingly crazy act any other day over Barbara's somewhat stuck-up self-important attitude though

Well, Babs did say that Madonna ate A WHOLE FISH when they had dinner when Madonna was still on her way up.. which suggests Madonna was not only hungry but one from the hood :lmao:

But, yeah, I agree. Barbra really blazed the trail for women in pop culture prior to the advent of Madonna. After the era of Mary Pickford (who made the United Artist studio with Chaplin etc.), no women or at least actress in movies took charge of the production side until Babs formed and headed First Artists together with other 70s heavyweights. Her being a producer, then actress-director-writer, became a template for others, like Cher, Jodie Foster, Angelina Jolie, and yes, Madonna now. She fought for control, esp. as she became a director and encountered stiffer resistance from the industry which she wouldn't have had if she were male. When she was new, industry masters tried to pressure her to fix her nose but she didn't, and she herself chose her material from the beginning.

And like Madonna, she's that top-tier megastar who never once had a meltdown

Sorry but you need to get your facts straight

Barbara didn't earn herself a career from scratch as Madonna as. The fact that Madonna reached vastly higher peaks worldwide and countless achievements and mantained that for 30 years tells you everything else you need to know. And people hinting at the notion that Barbara is more refined because Madonna was starving at some point in her career and ate a whole plate clean in front of her :rotfl:

The fact that she was starving is perhaps even more indicative of how Madonna earned herself her place. She wasn't living in Manhattan using her dad's American express or was at Tommy Mottola's house when she was 20. Like other people we know well about. Point is that when Barbara and Cher are gone people will still be talking about Madonna and measuring just about everyone else against her

FACTS

Remember when Barbara Walters got all defensive and VOCAL about that Madonna Sticky and Sweet joke about people sitting down and that it wasn't a Streisand concert :rotfl: :rotfl: I swear most people in the US have a very poorly developed sense of humour and Madonna herself pointed that out several times throughout her career

Cher can only play one character, she really is no better than Madonna

Have you guys seen Evita, she was amazing in it, you should all check it out

:lmao:

:chuckle:

Thx babe

Evita plus Dangerous Game/Snake Eyes -------------> to die for

Sorry but you need to get your facts straight

Barbara didn't earn herself a career from scratch as Madonna as. The fact that Madonna reached vastly higher peaks worldwide and countless achievements and mantained that for 30 years tells you everything else you need to know. And people hinting at the notion that Barbara is more refined because Madonna was starving at some point in her career and ate a whole plate clean in front of her :rotfl:

The fact that she was starving is perhaps even more indicative of how Madonna earned herself her place. She wasn't living in Manhattan using her dad's American express or was at Tommy Mottola's house when she was 20. Like other people we know well about. Point is that when Barbara and Cher are gone people will still be talking about Madonna and measuring just about everyone else against her

FACTS

:rotfl:

WHAT is the argument?? LOL

What I was saying was that IT WAS BARBRA HERSELF who made that comment about Madonna (in an interview), that what Barbra said was as if TO HER Madonna wasn't refined. I am NOT making a statement about how people look at Madonna as not refined. Please read well. In fact, it's rather hilarious of Barbra to have said that about Madonna considering that she herself was talked about by others in her early days of fame as being low-rent (or crass.)

However, they did share a similar salad years legend. Barbra struck out on her own when she was 18/19 and lived in poverty (was even a theater usher in between auditions) and crashed other people's couches for a place to sleep in. Barbra WAS hungry and from the get go, she was brash and unapologetic of her own ambitions and behavior-- and even had armpit hairs unshaven! Very much like Madonna! :lol:

FACTS.

I FULLY agree, obviously, that Madonna has reached heights of fame/artistry/game-changing significance/influence that NO OTHER female-- including Barbra-- reached. Barbra may be way more successful in film (becoming multiple award-winning actress and box office star, director, and even an Oscar for composing a song) but Madonna is sui generis and her impact is way deeper and more profound, and Madonna stands alone at the very top.

Madonna is the ultimate of all female superstars and stands alone in my opinion. Have to admit that I do think Barbra Streisand, Cher, Judy Garland and Aretha Franklin are legends in my eyes. Maybe they are more popular in certain countries than others but I do think they are all incredible. We all have different tastes though. I think Barbra Streisand has a magnificent voice and her versions of People, The way we were, Woman in love and Somewhere are sublime. I also adore her version of If I loved you from one of my favourite musicals Carousel. Gives me chills. I am a real musical fan and love all of the classic musicals with passion so Barbra is one of my favs.

:rotfl:

WHAT is the argument?? LOL

What I was saying was that IT WAS BARBRA HERSELF who made that comment about Madonna (in an interview), that what Barbra said was as if TO HER Madonna wasn't refined. I am NOT making a statement about how people look at Madonna as not refined. Please read well. In fact, it's rather hilarious of Barbra to have said that about Madonna considering that she herself was talked about by others in her early days of fame as being low-rent (or crass.)

However, they did share a similar salad years legend. Barbra struck out on her own when she was 18/19 and lived in poverty (was even a theater usher in between auditions) and crashed other people's couches for a place to sleep in. Barbra WAS hungry and from the get go, she was brash and unapologetic of her own ambitions and behavior-- and even had armpit hairs unshaven! Very much like Madonna! :lol:

FACTS.

I FULLY agree, obviously, that Madonna has reached heights of fame/artistry/game-changing significance/influence that NO OTHER female-- including Barbra-- reached. Barbra may be way more successful in film (becoming multiple award-winning actress and box office star, director, and even an Oscar for composing a song) but Madonna is sui generis and her impact is way deeper and more profound, and Madonna stands alone at the very top.

Ok then :laugh:

I didn't get that it was a comment from Babara hesself sorry

Everything you wrote :bow: