President Banda: "Madonna needs to learn the decency of telling the truth"

XXL

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2014/04/14/malawi-s-president-says-madonna-needs-to-learn-the-decency-of-telling-the-truth.html

Malawi's President Says Madonna Needs to Learn the 'Decency of Telling the Truth'

President accuses Madonna of "blackmailing and bullying," disrespect

041513-global-review-Madonna-visiting-Ch

Madonna loves Malawi, but Malawi doesn't necessarily love Madonna. The president of the East African nation, where the pop star adopted her son, David Banda, and her daughter Chifundo "Mercy" James, has issued a long press release accusing Madge of everything from "blackmailing and bullying" to making inappropriate music.

Madonna angered President Joyce Banda (no relation to David Banda) after, among other things, she failed to follow through on promises to build schools in Malawi.

"Among the many things that Madonna needs to learn as a matter of urgency is the decency of telling the truth," says Banda in her 11-point press release. "For her to tell the whole world that she is building schools in Malawi when she has actually only contributed to the construction of classrooms is not compatible with manners of someone who thinks she deserves to be revered with state grandeur. The difference between a school and a class room should be the most obvious thing for a person demanding state courtesy to decipher."

Banda also takes offense to the fact that Madonna complained about following routine check-in procedure at the local airport. Banda also insists the pop star deserves no special treatment — Madge wrote her a handwritten not requesting to visit with her and Banda refused, which made Madonna's reps complain to the press.

Why a year old article (the Guardian one from which this one is based on) is being unearthed now out of the blue ???

I have no idea sorry, just saw it was posted 3 days ago on a couple of websites

The BET one and this other one:

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/music/story/malawi-government-issues-scathing-press-release-about-bullying-madonna-2014041

On both it's written "posted on April 14, 2014"

:confused:

^ new elections under way

she said (literally) that God wants her to continue to serve as President of Malawi

Let's hope in the power of Godonna, she never gets re elected. Shameful, corrupted bitch of a president she is.

Here we go again, bitch desperately wanting press

New elections under way

She said (literally) that God wants her to continue to serve as President of Malawi

This is OLD HAT and has been refuted by an angry president Banda who was livid about not having been consulted about the statement.

Propose you at least delete or change the tag "new".....

Yes I second that

I assumed it was a new press statement since the articles were posted 3 days ago .... really odd

The way it's worded on those two sites makes it seem as if it's new stuff that came out

But checked the Guardian link and as popeline says it's the same 2013 press release

Wonder why the two sites made an article about it on April 14, 2014

Yes I second that

I assumed it was a new press statement since the articles were posted 3 days ago .... really odd

The way it's worded on those two sites makes it seem as if it's new stuff that came out

But checked the Guardian link and as popeline says it's the same 2013 press release

cause one day can't go by without trashing Madonna

Because there's not much going on about Madonna in the news so they are trying to put her down even when she's keeping quite.

hmm sometimes older articles get reposted when sites get a new platform for their entries.. maybe it appeared on google and some others picked it up. happens a lot. but typical that the negative ones get the most attention.

anyway, isn't she off of her presidency now? i thought they made her resign for corruption..

The last thing I'd want to be doing is publicly putting a spotlight on the fact that outsiders need to build schools and classrooms for the orphaned, dying, neglected children of your country.

The last thing I'd want to be doing is publicly putting a spotlight on the fact that outsiders need to build schools and classrooms for the orphaned, dying, neglected children of your country.

:thumbsup:

Especially when you're under investigation for corruption charges :chuckle:

Here we go AGAIN. Another day, another biased ass*ole trashing Madonna.

Serious question: is Madonna the most bullied celebrity ever? I NEVER saw anyone else getting as much shit as she did over the years (i could even say decades). And for things that others celebritites get praised about!

Here we go AGAIN. Another day, another biased ass*ole trashing Madonna.

Serious question: is Madonna the most bullied celebrity ever? I NEVER saw anyone else getting as much shit as she did over the years (i could even say decades). And for things that others celebritites get praised about!

I think she is for sure. The way she always rises above the bias and hatred shown to her by the press is remarkable. I doubt many others would be that strong. She is also clued in enough not to read press about herself. The fact that the press are rehashing this dreadful smear campaign against her work in Malawi again is pathetic but as Madonna fans, unfortunately something we are now used to.

is Madonna the most bullied celebrity ever?

yes without a shadow of the doubt.

Just think of the times when she came out.. she was utterly amazing and a true original force yet everybody was saying she was not even singing her songs. Then she went on tour and she sang the entire Like A Virgin album live and they started saying she was just manufactured and she did not write her own songs.. She was extremely visual in her passion for music but people just did not get it so they trashed her even more saying she was all image and not talent.

But when Gaga came out in 2008 everybody was having their hands up in the air and celebrating her claiming how amazing she is (when she was just a marketing ploy to give the Madonna phenomena to the newer, internet generation). Same goes for Beyonce and Katy Perry.. i mean all these celebrities get some sort of criticism but certainly not on the same level as Madonna.. she was and still is trashed by the press... i think it's because she never kissed their asses!

I think she is for sure. The way she always rises above the bias and hatred shown to her by the press is remarkable. I doubt many others would be that strong. She is also clued in enough not to read press about herself. The fact that the press are rehashing this dreadful smear campaign against her work in Malawi again is pathetic but as Madonna fans, unfortunately something we are now used to.

yes without a shadow of the doubt.

Just think of the times when she came out.. she was utterly amazing and a true original force yet everybody was saying she was not even singing her songs. Then she went on tour and she sang the entire Like A Virgin album live and they started saying she was just manufactured and she did not write her own songs.. She was extremely visual in her passion for music but people just did not get it so they trashed her even more saying she was all image and not talent.

But when Gaga came out in 2008 everybody was having their hands up in the air and celebrating her claiming how amazing she is (when she was just a marketing ploy to give the Madonna phenomena to the newer, internet generation). Same goes for Beyonce and Katy Perry.. i mean all these celebrities get some sort of criticism but certainly not on the same level as Madonna.. she was and still is trashed by the press... i think it's because she never kissed their asses!

Unfortunately you both are right... But yeah, we're used to it. It's still annoying sometimes.

Just think of the times when she came out.. she was utterly amazing and a true original force yet everybody was saying she was not even singing her songs.

Then she went on tour and she sang the entire Like A Virgin album live and they started saying she was just manufactured and she did not write her own songs.. She was extremely visual in her passion for music but people just did not get it so they trashed her even more saying she was all image and not talent.

:clap::clap:

I mean all these celebrities get some sort of criticism but certainly not on the same level as Madonna.. she was and still is trashed by the press... I think it's because she never kissed their asses!

Bingo!

They're mad because she doesn't need to, hence the trashing. One day is she's too sexual, next is that she's old, another that she adopted, another her voice, another yet her hands are too old blah blah, always excuses. She's the quintessential media manipulator, in the end she always gets what she wants/deserves regardless of what anyone writes about her