MadonnaNation.com Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Last week
  3. Hong Kong people always seem so clever and brave when they demonstrate. China is simply THE WORST. The fact that we're doing commerce with such a bloody dictature is nauseating.
  4. Admire the people of Hong Kong so much for standing up for their rights - for their present and their future. People power and why it is so important and vital. Hong Kong protest: 'Nearly two million' join demonstration Nearly two million people have taken part in a mass protest in Hong Kong against a controversial extradition bill, organisers say. If confirmed, it would be the largest protest in Hong Kong's history. Police said turnout was 338,000 at its peak. The masses turned out despite the suspension of the bill - which would allow extradition from Hong Kong to mainland China - on Saturday. Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam on Sunday apologised for proposing the bill. Many protesters, who fear increased Chinese influence over Hong Kong, are calling on her to resign over the unrest. They are also demanding that the bill be scrapped, not just suspended. Meanwhile, supporters of Joshua Wong - the student leader who became the face of Hong Kong's "Umbrella Movement" democracy protests five years ago - say he will be released from prison later on Monday. What happened at the protest? "Today's march we had almost two million people," Jimmy Sham, from the Civil Human Rights Front protest group, told reporters late on Sunday evening. The protest was mainly peaceful, with police officers reportedly holding back to allow the throngs of people to slowly pass through the city. This contrasted to scenes at the last previous major demonstration on Wednesday, which saw clashes between protesters and police that injured dozens. The demonstration began early in the afternoon in Victoria Square, with many wearing black. Many held white flowers to mourn a protester who fell to his death on Saturday from a ledge, where hours earlier he had unfurled an anti-extradition banner. The progress of the march was slow, as the large numbers of people blocked many streets and crowded train stations. As darkness fell, protesters started to take over major roads and crossings and surrounded the legislative council building. They carried placards that read "The students did not riot", in response to police labelling last Wednesday's student protests a riot - an offence punishable by up to 10 years in jail. There was scepticism among some protesters about Ms Lam's decision to suspend the bill. "Carrie Lam has ignored the feelings of Hong Kongers," Mr Ma, a 67-year-old protester, told the BBC. He said Ms Lam had "acted like it was no big deal" after a reported million people marched last week. "Secondly, we are marching for the students who were brutally treated by the police. We need to get justice for them." Chloe Yim, 20, who had joined the protests for the first time, said: "If Carrie sees so many people come out, and still doesn't listen - she's being an autocrat who doesn't listen to people. Hong Kong people can't accept that."
  5. You saw me covered in blood on a bus. But do you get outraged about all homophobia? The photo of me and my date went viral after our attack – but only as we’re white, feminine and cisgender. Sympathy and action must be for all Homophobic and transphobic hate crimes surge in England and Wales On 7 June, characters from distant chapters of my life decided that my sudden trajectory into the headlines was an opportune time to reintroduce themselves, sending a torrent of misguided good vibes alongside the picture, asking had I seen it. Had I seen it? Had I seen it? Of course I had, as soon as it was taken. I was weeping bitterly, head ringing in pain as I sat next to my lovely date, Dr Melania Geymonat, who was calmer than I but dripping blood down her shirt front. We photographed the trail of our blood down the bus, ending at our still-bleeding faces as we awaited the police. I watched in real time as our faces – white, feminine, draped in pretty hair – circulated on every continent. Melania protected my name and information because I am a private individual without an online presence. I guffawed the first time I read the not-quite-accurate, titillating headline: “Lesbians beaten for refusing to kiss.” For starters, I’m bisexual, but that’s besides the point. My memories of the fight are addled by adrenaline. Maddeningly, I don’t remember exactly how it started. My persisting anger is directed not towards the idiots on the bus but the reduction of my battered face to cheap clickbait. For several days, a graphic, triggering photo of our bloody faces satisfied voyeurs and enriched companies whose values counter my own, such as News Corps and Sinclair Broadcast Group. Many of the outlets publishing my face without permission endorse racist, misogynist and xenophobic platforms and politicians. One world leader on her last day in office concluded a long career voting in favour of anti-gay, racist, colonial policies by expressing her condolences to us. We were Instagrammed by celebrities, vacuously retweeted by politicians, itemised on a BuzzFeed listicle. Despite so much inane coverage, Melania energetically leveraged her platform to highlight the misogyny embedded in the violence and today’s hate crime rates. She has inspired queers everywhere to share their own stories of abuse. A refrain I’ve heard ad nauseum is “I can’t believe this happened – it’s 2019”. I disagree. This attack and the ensuing media circus are par for the course in 2019. In both my native United States and here in the United Kingdom, it always has been and still is open season on the bodies of (in no specific order) people of colour, indigenous people, transgender people, disabled people, queer people, poor people, women and migrants. I have evaded much of the violence and oppression imposed on so many others by our capitalist, white supremacist, patriarchal system because of the privileges I enjoy by dint of my race, health, education, and conventional gender presentation. That has nothing to do with the merit of my character. The press coverage, and timely law enforcement response, was not coincidental to our complexions. Neither was the disproportionate online reaction over the victimisation of a pretty brunette and blonde. The commodification and exploitation of my face came at the expense of other victims whose constant persecution apparently does not warrant similar moral outrage. Make the extraordinary reaction to our attack the norm. I beg you to amplify and channel this energy to hold accountable the intersecting web of elected politicians, government agencies and corporations who have reinforced a status quo of clearly delineated inequality long before this single attack in 2019. Redirect your money from rainbow capitalism to people-of-colour-led organisations striving for justice. I donated to the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice, Trans Women of Color Collective and Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund. Question why the photo of two attractive, white cisgender women compelled you to post about Pride for the first time. Learn the names and stories of Muhlaysia Booker, Dana Martin, Chanel Scurlock. Elevate those who have been advocating for the basic rights and safety of communities marginalised by our existing political, economic and social structures long before I got punched in the face. Finding the right leaders takes some research and real-world activity. Their frequent absence from today’s headlines is not coincidental to their crusades. Stand up for yourselves and each other, and fight back. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/14/homophobic-attack-bus-outrage-media-white
  6. Everybody knows the damn truth...

7. Madonna on the NME cover this week

64300735_10155960254421076_8084934398920622080_o.jpg

64631323_10155960254391076_7942299265164902400_o.jpg

62624727_10155960254661076_1638098439340294144_o.jpg

64680470_10155960254711076_4846883233624752128_o.jpg

8. The way he pronounces her name, like she only refers to her in print or something
  9. Donald Trump: "We have our own Jackie O today, it's called Melania. Melania. We'll call it Melania T!"
  10. Check your PM! 

11. Earlier
  12. Check your PM!

13. Have you totally fucked off from this forum? Hopefully that is the case. 

14. ?

1. Rainbow

Rainbow

Hello, I just wondered if you are able to share one of your codes?

2. Rainbow

Rainbow

Well done! 

15. He looks like an orange blond Travolta,
  16. It's not ageism, but I think Biden is way too old - time to leave his place to younger generation
  17. I think Budigeg would run circles around Dumb. But he probably wont win cause 1) USA is not ready for gay president 2) he is too young. Hope I m wrong cause I think Pete could win in a race with Trump. He reminds me of Obama somehow.
  18. EXACTLY! Something that homophobic misogynistic people will never want to understand.
  1. Load more activity