MadonnaNation.com Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Je5u5

ABBA thread

I'm not a big fan of musicals but I'm a huge ABt6BA fan so I'm definitely going to watch the new one even if it's just for a laugh. I've probably mentioned in previous thread how, being born in the 80s aka their lowest point ever in terms of popularity, discovering them through my mom's old albums and falling in love with their music was so damn frustrating in a way. Other relatives would give me weird looks for my interest in them, friends would not know them at all or understand why I was listening to that and not to Guns n Roses or any other "current" popular band instead and stores would rarely have their back catalogue. Mess. Luckily even at an early age I didn't let such things affect my good taste 😎 LOL.
  3. Today
  4. I love biking, so watching tis video is a nightmare! Anyway, I'm sorry for those two cyclists. I'm kinda shocked they were not more seriously hurt.
  5. Mooncrown11

Sade working with longtime collaborator on new album

So excited for this! Sade takes her time but she always delivers quality so I can wait patiently although I honestly can't wait at the same time
  6. From the promo, I really liked the GI2M performance!
  7. YES! Best hair of the entire Hard Candy era. Wish it would extend to the tour
  8. Musicinferno

ABBA thread

So where do I start? When I was very small there was an ABBA Greatest Hits Double LP from a German TV show, which I loved that featured early hits of which I like most: S.O.S. (this is one of my all time favourites, one of Agnethas best) Honey Honey (especially the part where the boys sing 😂 I don´t wanna hurt you baby ....) Gonna Sing You My Lovesong and maybe Bang-A-Boomerang (it´s LOVE!), then came the Fernando single which is magnificent and one of Frida´s best, it was playing everywhere. Then of course Dancing Queen - no need to comment on that, from Arrival I love That´s Me (wasted on Dancing Queen´s B-Side) like an eagle flying with a dove.. and Knowing Me Knowing You ( I think it´s interesting that in ABBA´s most imperial phase ALL the singles featured leads by Frida) and maybe My Love, My Life. Then, on The Album I love The Name Of The Game and One Man, One Woman (which is maybe the biggest unknown gem of all ABBA songs, I LOVE the melody the vocals the lyrics even if they might be cheesy, and the strings at the end of the song). This is so huge. Then, of course, Thank You For The Music and Move On (which is maybe not their best song but it´s so uplifting). Of the disco songs that followed, Summer Night City is the one to go for, on Voulez-Vous, my fave is If It Wasn´t For The Nights. Then, on Super Trouper, the best song is The Winner Takes It All, probably their strongest track in later years. And, back then, I didn´t like it that much, but in recent years I liked Super Trouper a lot. Then, Our Last Summer. My name is actually Harry, but I don´t work in a bank! 😆 Lay All Your Love On Me is beautiful, too. The Visitors features beautiful songs too, the best for me is One Of Us. Second, Soldiers and then, Like An Angel Passing Through My Room. Past-Visitors, The Day Before You Came is beautiful too in its very special way. There are few ABBA songs that I don´t like, but those mentioned above are really special for me. Just counting, Agnetha 8, Frida 7, the rest shared, quite fair!
  9. "Radioactive" is stunning. I often think they should have given it to Madonna... Her version would've been even better...
  10. promise to try

Michael Jackson

Michael jakcson was a seen as a freak before he died,right now people seem to. Have forgotten that,but he was admired by a lot of people, but mostly people laugh at him.Same thing happened with elvis when he passed away
  11. promise to try

Michael Jackson

Michael had a lot of problems. One of them is that he coudnt compete with himsef, his young self. Michael, with all his health problems, dancing the same routing he used to when hewas 20...it would have been really sad.I admired him, I still do, a lot, we will never see somebody like him, but...
  12. promise to try

Pet Shop Boys - Super [new album]

Nightlife is wondeful,very underrated album by the fans:maybe because it´s their less PSB sounding album.
  13. karbatal

My fav one, the only one I listen regularly from the first song to the last one is Introspective. I ADORE that album.
  14. something similar happened also in spain not long time ago, so sad and disgusting
  15. I've never been what you call a big PSB fan - because I'm not too keen on Neils voice, but an ex of mine used to play "Very" a lot and I grew to love it. It's got some great songs on there. "Nightlife" is another good album. I didn't like "Elysium" and "Fundamental" at all though.
  16. promise to try

all their remastered are wonderful!!!!! if you don´t have them already, buy them!!! but, if you have themk from when they were first released as a remastered with all the extra songs and the extra info...it´s not worth it. I think even neil tennant said it was the same remastered they released a few years ago (the further listening series)
  17. promise to try

this is great news!!!! I expect great songs that could have been in any of their albums, classic sade!!!! and a tour, please!!!! hopefully they will release it for this november
  18. karbatal

That random line about Adele in the press release
  19. Jazzy Jan

ABBA thread

@Musicinferno I loved the musical live when I saw it. I know that nobody can ever match the harmonies that the girls had - voices that fit so perfectly and so beautifully - but the singers in the stage musical were great singers and I loved seeing the reaction of the crowd. I don't think anyone was expecting them to sound like Abba but wanted to hear the fantastic music. A dear friend of mine bought me the stage musical CD but I must confess that I hardly listened to it. Nothing compares to Abba. The film was a let down to me but I also confess to somehow enjoying it despite being shocked at just how bad the singers were. Amanda Seyfried was the only one that was a good singer really. My love for Abba is almost as well known as my love for Madonna. Already I have promised to see the 2nd film with 3 different friends. Ha Ha. They want to see it and want to see it with an Abba fanatic ! The film is a feel good musical and I mostly see thrillers so will be a welcome relief. Can always see feel good movies with great music several times . I am not just saying this because of my love for Madonna, but her version of " Like an angel passing through my room" is the ONLY time I have enjoyed an Abba cover as much as the original. I say this all the time but I think she would of nailed the Abba songs so much better than Meryl Streep. She knows how to sing pop classics and that is so much harder than people give credit to singers for. I love Cher and like her version of Fernando but I can't see her singing an album of Abba covers. She has a wonderful unique voice but I don't feel it would suit Abba songs. I expect she should do mainly songs Frida sang as her voice matches hers more than Agnetha's voice. Loved your " I wonder " pun too What are your favourite Abba songs ?
  20. Icykiller

This! Sade always delivers.
  21. IsaacHarris

I'll wait patiently cuz I know it'll be worth it!
  22. IsaacHarris

Sophomore Albums....

10. Wanderland by Kelis 9. Mama's Gun by Erykah Badu 8. Demon Days by Gorillaz 7. Aha Shake Heartbreak by Kings Of Leon 6. Promise by Sade 5. My Life by Mary J. Blige 4. Only Four You by Rick James The Mary Jane Girls 3. Cease To Begin by Band Of Horses 2. Pala by Friendly Fires 1. B'Day by Beyoncé
  23. Kurt420

Sophomore Albums....

Blondie- Plastic Letters Stevie Nicks- The Wild Heart Whitney Houston- Whitney Gwen Stefani- The Sweet Escape Daft Punk- Discovery Chemical Brothers- Dig Your Own Hole Hole- Live Through This TLC- Crazy Sexy Cool Prob many more but those are ones that come to mind.....and of course Like A Virgin! 🙂
  24. Yesterday
  25. Mooncrown11

Florence & The Machine

@Musicinferno. Agreed!! I can't get enough of this album!!
  26. jamesshot

Trump / US politics thread 🚽

If you read the indictment of Maria Butina, Russian spy, it clearly says there are secret societies within the Republican Party aligned with Russia. She infiltrated the NRA and other conservative groups, had an affair with a "leading conservative" and has pics with so many prominent GOPers. This rot goes deep and shows conservatives here will sell out their country for power. The Russian collusion goes far beyond Pres Bone Spurs. Please read Seth Abramson's 65 point take on the Butina indictment. It is long but worth your time because this has the GOP shitting their pants. We are talking collusion from the top to the bottom.
  1. Load more activity